Amplitube 5 Authorization Issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Authorization Issue

Postby andybohm » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Hey All.

Just installed Amplitube 5. (I know, I'm on the very early bleeding edge)

Download and install went fine using the IK Product Manager. Clicked the Authorize button before opening Amplitube 5. It said it authorized successfully and went down from 10 Authorizations to 9.

Opened the app and got a message saying "Amplitube 5 is not Authorized. You have 9 days left until Amplitube must be authorized. Click OK to start the IK Multimedia Product Manager."

Click ok. Product manager opens. Machine is still authorized. Clicking Authorize does nothing.

Rebooted the machine, just for sanity's sake. Same issue.

For the tech bits:
2018 Mac Mini 6 core i7
32 GB RAM
Mac OS 11.1
Connected to an AXE I/O
andybohm

Re: Amplitube 5 Authorization Issue

Postby kgmessier » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:52 pm

I’m having exactly the same issue. :(
kgmessier

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Suspect we need to wait for the official email which will have the required serial number in order to properly authorize. Hope we get the "used" authorization back.

Can play with the free version until then it looks like.

I use Norton 360 which originally blocked even opening up at5 - hope it didn't screw up my installation.
captship

Postby pac1085 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Same problem here, and my serial # doesn't seem to entitle me to Max like it should.
pac1085

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:15 pm

pac1085 wrote:Same problem here, and my serial # doesn't seem to entitle me to Max like it should.

did you get an email with a serial number?
captship

Postby pac1085 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:16 pm

captship wrote:
pac1085 wrote:Same problem here, and my serial # doesn't seem to entitle me to Max like it should.

did you get an email with a serial number?

No, I bought the AXE I/O + AT5 Max bundle from Sweetwater and it came with a paper card inside with the serial # for AT5 Max.
pac1085

Postby andybohm » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:18 pm

There are already Serial Numbers listed for you in https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Oddly, the IK Product Manager apparently downloaded Amplitube 5 SE for me and shows it in my User Area, when it also lists my Amplitube 5 Full version.

I figure this is just a glitch and wanted to get it to the devs as quickly as possible.
andybohm

Postby Wildboy3 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Same issue here.

I was so excited this AM when I opened product manager and saw AT5 SE in there waiting for me...

Can't authorize AT5...

Furthermore... I can't restore my gear from Custom Shop... I get the message "SN NOT EXISTS for AT5"... Not sure what it means.

I'm sure there's an answer.
Last edited by Wildboy3 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildboy3

Postby SalvoM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Same issue, I also tried to authorize through the old Authorization manager, it said it worked but when opening Amp5 it gives me the same message.

Let's wait 5.0.1 haahhaha
SalvoM

Postby mrbender » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Wildboy3 wrote:Same issue here.

I was so excited this AM when I opened product manager and saw AT5 SE in there waiting for me...

Can't authorize AT5...

Furthermore... I can't restore my gear from Custom Shop... I get the message "SN NOT EXISTS for AT5"... Not sure what it means.

I'm sure there's an answer.

It means what it says, and there is an answer. It means, as it says, that in IK's system no serial number exists for this install of AT5 on your computer. The answer: another IK rollout SNAFU.

And it isn't working properly w/ my MOTU 828 Mk II interface (as AT 4 does w/ no problem) — it takes input sound only when the input in AT 5 Settings is set to the 828's Mic/Inst. inputs only, can't use as is my set up the SPDIF input (I plug the guitar into a separate ARTpreamp that is connected via SPDIF into my MOTU 828).

FUBAR!
Last edited by mrbender on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbender

Postby NeilDennison » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Just to add a meetoo.

Pre order of AT5 SE. Installed with Product Manager ok, clicked authorise in Product Manager. Notification shows as 'AmpliTube 5 authorised correctly' and goes from 10 to 9 authorisations left (however still grey lock with 'Authorize' as opposed to 'bucket wih X' unauthorize at right hand side of screen). Open AmpliTube 5 and it says, it's not authorised, takes me to Product Manager whch has the option to authorise (not unauthorise) and clicking authorise does nothing. Tried Custom Shop, logged in and my previous purchases and AT4 Max products are correctly shown as purchased. Sounds like the IK authorisation servers are not quite doing the job at the moment.
AMD 3900x/6800XT/X570/NVME's
NI Kontrol S88, Maschine Studio & Jam, iRig Keys Pro, HD2, Stomp I/O
Cubase 12/IK Total Studio/NI Komplete/Arturia V 9/Waves Platinum/Plug In Alliance/Roland Cloud/Korg Collection/UVI VV/plus a ton of other random stuff
NeilDennison

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Exact same problem here.
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby pjcass1981 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Same here. Tried all methods. No biggie for now I guess
pjcass1981

Postby Abikis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:21 pm

NeilDennison wrote:Just to add a meetoo.

Pre order of AT5 SE. Installed with Product Manager ok, clicked authorise in Product Manager. Notification shows as 'AmpliTube 5 authorised correctly' and goes from 10 to 9 authorisations left (however still grey lock with 'Authorize' as opposed to 'bucket wih X' unauthorize at right hand side of screen). Open AmpliTube 5 and it says, it's not authorised, takes me to Product Manager whch has the option to authorise (not unauthorise) and clicking authorise does nothing. Tried Custom Shop, logged in and my previous purchases and AT4 Max products are correctly shown as purchased. Sounds like the IK authorisation servers are not quite doing the job at the moment.

Same
Abikis

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm in! Try it again folks
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling