Connecting Blueboard to Mac

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Connecting Blueboard to Mac

Postby vac713 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:09 am

If I’m connected in audio midi setup, do I even need to use the BB ap? Also I’m just looking to turn stomps on/off in AmpliTube so when I turn the BB on, what button should I be holding down?
vac713

Postby vac713 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Kooky crazy update.

I got home from work yesterday and turned on my MAC (I had the BB ap running the entire time) and I see a pop up that device was not connected on the BB ap. I closed 50 or so windows stating that device was not connected and guess what----------- The ap was now showing ready to connect. I turned on the BB whilst holding down the A button and I can now interact between the ap and the BB. However, I do not see the BB in Audio Midi Setup. Does it need to be in audio midi setup if the ap is interacting with the BB?

I then went to AmpliTube and tried to assign a button to turn on/off a pedal but it didn't work

What should the settings be in the ap settings to just toggle pedals in AT (program or control change, allow bank change on or off, send PC in CTRL change on or off)? Do i turn BB on holding B or C to toggle on/off pedals?
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Thu May 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Again, maybe this is obvious, but you need to have the blueboard connected through the app and then you start up Amplitube. If you have Amplitube open before the blueboard connects, Amplitube will not detect the blueboard.

For me, Blueboard does not appear in Audio Midi setup when connected through the app. To set preset changes you go to the upper right of amplitube to get to preferences and in the tab under audio/midi I have midi input set to "ANY", then under control I have various program changes to change presets on the fly, and I use an expression pedal attached to BB to control virtual wahs in those presets, by using the learn midi function of AT. It all just worked for me and I am not an expert on midi stuff at all.
obispojoe

Postby vac713 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks man, Cant wait to get home to try it.
vac713

Postby vac713 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:29 am

Almost there. I can go to a pedal assign midi-bypass-learn bypass-waiting for midi input- select a button on the BB

Seems all good at that point but I cannot turn the pedal on/off with that button

I’m guessing the issue is in settings

Under control
Should I select program change or control change?
Should preset control be checked or not
Receive channel 1?
Not looking to do presets. Just wanna toggle pedals on/off
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 am

Someone hopefully can chime in to answer your question about turning a stomp on/off with the BB. What I do is have a preset with the stomp on and another with stomp off. Then I can switch between presets and get the same effect. Admittedly the stomp I am using this technique for is a wah.
obispojoe

Postby obispojoe » Fri May 28, 2021 6:23 am

obispojoe

Postby vac713 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:05 am

Success...............

shout out to vinegarjoe for getting me as far as I did. Joe's help along with a few hours of good old fashioned ingenuity and persistence has paid off...

I have this thing up and working using the BlueBoard ap running Catalina

I have turned it on and off several times and it comes back on working each and every time

Works flawlessly and does exactly what I need it to do. In my case, simply using the BB to toggle pedals on/off along with an external expression pedal for my wah.

Couldn't be happier with its functionality
vac713

Postby Carlosdeoliveirafilho90 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:19 am

So.. any other way to download the blueboard app to Mac instead of using this ik app?
Carlosdeoliveirafilho90

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling