Connecting Blueboard to Mac

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Connecting Blueboard to Mac

Postby vinegarjoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Have just taken delivery of a Blueboard. Tried to connect to Mac, no joy. Downloaded latest firmware ok, but still no joy. Bluetooth on Mac is v4.2.
Scan button is not lit in Blueboard app. Blue light flashing. Started in "native" mode, still no joy.

Help please.......
vinegarjoe

Re: Connecting Blueboard to Mac

Postby vinegarjoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:00 pm

OK, got there. Only took two hours, but found a way to connect it.

Cancel that have just lost it again.

OK, can now connect using the B button, but the write up from IK says go back to native connection using the A button. However if I power off I have to go through the whole connection rigmarole again. Haven't even used the thing yet. Very frustrating.

The Blueboard app NEVER shows connected status even when all the other bluetooth stuff shows it is connected.

See IK article below

This video is to help any users with connection issues with their iRig BlueBoard on macOS 10.15.

1. Start the iRig BlueBoard device in native mode (while pressing the A button) and open the BlueBoard app. Make sure all other devices which use Bluetooth and have connected with the iRig BlueBoard device before are powered off (Or Bluetooth is powered off)

2. Select “Click here to connect” and let us know if the iRig BlueBoard appears here.

3. If your device does not appear, while the BlueBoard app is searching for the device, open a Finder window and go to the Utility folder to find your Audio MIDI Setup.

4. Inside this window, select MIDI Studio and Open Bluetooth Configuration.

5. Power on your iRig BlueBoard holding the B or C pads. This should trigger the iRig BlueBoard to appear in your Bluetooth configuration window. This will start the device in a MIDI over Bluetooth configuration. This will kick-start macOS to 'see' your iRig BlueBoard device.

6. Once recognized here, connect your device in the Bluetooth Configuration window.

7. Go back to the iRig BlueBoard app and power on your device holding the A pad to go back to native mode.
vinegarjoe

Postby dknott3450 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:21 am

So, I believe I have stumbled on a way to connect my blueboard in OSX 10.15 Catalina.

I connected to the BlueBoard via the BlueBoard app on my phone, then using Midimitter, I connected to my Mac via USB. Midimitter needs to be on both the iPhone and Mac, but it does connect.

I have been able to assign the switches to bank up/down, play and stop in MainStage.

It appears stable too. :)
dknott3450

Postby vac713 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:33 am

where did you get the bluebOARD APP? WHEN I CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOR MAC, The product manager downloads, I install it but no blueboard anywhere on my Mac
vac713

Postby dknott3450 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:31 am

Hey,
I too had the same issue. So I used my phone with the blueboard app and midimitter to usb connect to my mac. I know its convoluted, but it works and is stable.

If people are interested, i can put a white paper together with my solution.

D
dknott3450

Postby vac713 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Please tell me/us how you did that. Would be greatly appreciated
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 am

Try this to get Blueboard app for MacOS: Go to ikmultimedia home page. Under Support go to User area then to My Products. If you registered the blueboard, it should be listed there with your other registered products. There will be a download button to get the blueboard app (version 1.0.1) for MacOS.
obispojoe

Postby dknott3450 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:01 am

@vac713, I certainly will put my solution here. I will get back to you asap.

This solution is for those of us who have lost the serial no, or purchased the blueboard 2nd hand and didnt get the serial number. By all means if you have registered the product, use the product manager as described above by obispojoe, to obtain the mac osx app.
dknott3450

Postby vac713 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:36 pm

I never did register the device so from what I’ve read, that’s why I cannot DL the software for my Mac. I decided to just buy a new BB. Not gonna be a happy camper if I still can’t get it to work. I have faith in IK though
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Fri May 21, 2021 6:05 pm

If you contact IK support, they may give you the link to download the MacOS blueboard app. I do not see any reason why they woudn't want you to be able to use a piece of hardware you've acquired even if you are not the original purchaser. So, I suggest contacting them and see what they say.
obispojoe

Postby vac713 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:15 am

Got a new one and almost ready to return it

I followed these directions

1. Start the iRig BlueBoard device in native mode (while pressing the A button) and open the BlueBoard app. Make sure all other devices which use Bluetooth and have connected with the iRig BlueBoard device before are powered off (Or Bluetooth is powered off)

2. Select “Click here to connect” and let us know if the iRig BlueBoard appears here.

3. If your device does not appear, while the BlueBoard app is searching for the device, open a Finder window and go to the Utility folder to find your Audio MIDI Setup.

4. Inside this window, select MIDI Studio and Open Bluetooth Configuration.

5. Power on your iRig BlueBoard holding the B or C pads. This should trigger the iRig BlueBoard to appear in your Bluetooth configuration window. This will start the device in a MIDI over Bluetooth configuration. This will kick-start macOS to 'see' your iRig BlueBoard device.

6. Once recognized here, connect your device in the Bluetooth Configuration window.

7. Go back to the iRig BlueBoard app and power on your device holding the A pad to go back to native mode.

I launch the ap and it says Bluetooth off
I go to settings in the ap and where it says IRig BlueBoard connection I cannot scan cause it’s grayed out.

I go to audio midi setup, I hold down the B button while turning the Blue Board on and can connect via Bluetooth that way

I go back to the ap but it still says Bluetooth off
I restart my BB while holding down the A button but I lose connectivity in the audio MIDI setup

Help. I opened a ticket last week and received no response
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Tue May 25, 2021 12:31 am

Have you gone to system preferences -> Bluetooth on the Mac and made sure Bluetooth is turned on?
obispojoe

Postby vac713 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:32 am

First thing I did. I know it was on anyway because I was able to connect via the midi audio setup
vac713

Postby vac713 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:47 am

Are we allowed to PM each other and would somebody be willing to help?
vac713

Postby obispojoe » Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 am

I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I have been using the blueboard for years on a Mac (currently running 10.14.6) and the set up for me just worked and has for a long time. The only time I have connection issues is when the batteries get low. If the Mac App is saying that Bluetooth is off then something is amiss. With Bluetooth turned on, does the Mac say that it is discoverable? Also, you may want to start from a clean slate in the bluetooth preferences and delete any devices that are listed on the right and re discover them. I don't have Catalina, but maybe there is a setting in the system preferences for security and privacy where you need to give the blueboard app appropriate access.

Lastly, try holding down shift + option when selecting the bluetooth icon in the menu bar, you'll see some option listed there like reset bluetooth module under debug.

If that doesn't work IK support may be the only ones that can help.
obispojoe

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling