AmpliTube 4 Free Download Error [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 Free Download Error [Resolved]

Postby enterprisejr » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi, when i tried to download the AmpliTube 4 from the IK Product Manager I get that error message every time I tried to uninstall and install a few times it didn't work. What can I do?

enterprisejr

Re: AmpliTube 4 Free Download Error

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello enterprisejr and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:31 pm

enterprisejr wrote:Hi, when i tried to download the AmpliTube 4 from the IK Product Manager I get that error message every time

One thing you can try is skip the Product Manager and log into your user account directly on the IKM website. Go to the "My Products" section and find "Amplitube Custom Shop", click on "Past Releases", pick the top selection, which should be version "4.10.0" and click on the "Windows Download" button. Make sure the file downloads to the standard Windows download folder. After the file is downloaded, trying installing from the standard Windows download folder.

Your screen print shows that Windows is trying to complete the download process by renaming the temporary download file that ends with ".part", to the final correct file name that just ends with ".zip". It cannot complete this process because the path the Product Manager is downloading the file to doesn't allow renaming a file, because of some security restriction somewhere in that file path.

Windows downloads files with the ".part" extension while the file is being "built" from the data packets it is receiving from the source system. Once all of the data packets are received, the file is completed and renamed to the final correct file name, without the ".part" extension.

If downloading the file directly still doesn't work, definitely contact IKM support.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby enterprisejr » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:02 pm

^^^^
That solved the problem! Thank you. But I didn't understand why my pc had that issues. Thanks for your interest.
enterprisejr

Postby dlgebert » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:08 am

enterprisejr wrote:But I didn't understand why my pc had that issues.

I'm glad that worked. :)

I can't say for certain, but I suspect that Dropbox folder because Dropbox is a cloud based service and I know some users in the past had issues with trying to install programs from their OneDrive folders, which is cloud based as well.

You may want to go into the "Settings Panel" in the IKM Product Manager and change your download path to the standard Windows download folder, because I can tell from your screen print that the Product Manager is downloading files inside of your Dropbox folder. That setting should be inside the gear icon at the top of the Product Manager program.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:11 am

<< great mnds think alike :) >>

I am glad that you have got that sorted out, with digebert's guidance. :)

But it does seem a bit of an odd error for Windows. I wonder could that Dropbox folder have something to so with it.

Please report the original issue to Technical Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQ page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Support can then see if IKPM needs modifying. At least to display a warning message if an invalid (non-local) destination folder is selected.

Don't you love Cloud computing and storage? ;)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby enterprisejr » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:18 am

Yes, I suspect dropbox or one drive too. Im gonna shut down them. I dont even use them. Just came with my new pc. I did contact with technical support already. Thanks for your help. Have a good day.
enterprisejr

Re: AmpliTube 4 Free Download Error [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:43 am

Thank you for the update.

----------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling