How do I WAH?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How do I WAH?

Postby zanshin » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:50 am

Hi, I have Amplitube 4 / AXEio on my desktop PC (Win 8) and want to use a physical pedal for wah, but also turn on distortion, etc.

Do I just buy an expression pedal for that? Looking at the Yamaha FC7 Foot Controller/Expression Pedal. I assume that's all I need? Then how do I set it up in Amplitube... is there any documentation anywhere on this?

Forgive my inexperience :D
zanshin

Re: How do I WAH?

Postby supanorton » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:04 pm

I just use my Vox Wah pedal between my guitar and my interface. Totally works.
supanorton

Postby zanshin » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks supa!

I guess my question is, how do I use the WAH pedals already in Amplitube. There's an expression pedal jack on my Axe io but I can't seem to find how to set the expression pedal to be used with specific pedals in Amplitube. Ideally I can also use the pedal to turn on/off other pedals too like chorus and distortion
zanshin

Postby supanorton » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:31 pm

zanshin wrote:Thanks supa!

I guess my question is, how do I use the WAH pedals already in Amplitube. There's an expression pedal jack on my Axe io but I can't seem to find how to set the expression pedal to be used with specific pedals in Amplitube. Ideally I can also use the pedal to turn on/off other pedals too like chorus and distortion

Hopefully, someone else will chime in on this. IK does make this, which seems like it would fit your needs.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... rigstompio

Here's a link to a YouTube video that seems more in line with your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOR9ILsy-pg
supanorton

Postby Abikis » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Yes something like the controller you linked is all you need.

Chapter 13 of amplitube 4 user manual has info about setting up midi controls (even uses wah as an example).

I don't use the axeio but it looks like section 8.2 of it's user manual has the info about setting up midi devices with the axeio inputs.

If you haven't used midi before it might seem more complex/confusing than it really is.

You could use that controller to turn effects on/off, but you could also get a button type controller for that.
Abikis

Postby zanshin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Thanks Abikis!

Appreciate pointing me to that part of the manual! That is exactly what I'm looking for.
zanshin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling