AmpliTube 5 Silver Jubilee

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Silver Jubilee

Postby JonnyLo94 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:14 am

Hi there,

New to the forum. I'm about to buy AmpliTube for the first time (only used garageband for amp sim before). I want to purchase the A5 SE edition, but it's my understanding there is no Silver Jubilee modelled in it, whereas there was in A4? I know it is available in the A5 full edition but I don't want to spend the extra money just for that one amp.

Can someone tell me how I could get the Silver Jubilee in the SE addition? Could I buy it from the custom shop?

Many thanks and apologies if it has been asked already.

Jonny
JonnyLo94

Re: AmpliTube 5 Silver Jubilee

Postby supanorton » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:36 am

JonnyLo94 wrote:Hi there,

New to the forum. I'm about to buy AmpliTube for the first time (only used garageband for amp sim before). I want to purchase the A5 SE edition, but it's my understanding there is no Silver Jubilee modelled in it, whereas there was in A4? I know it is available in the A5 full edition but I don't want to spend the extra money just for that one amp.

Can someone tell me how I could get the Silver Jubilee in the SE addition? Could I buy it from the custom shop?

Many thanks and apologies if it has been asked already.

Jonny

Hey Jonny, welcome!

You can buy the JCM Slash from the Custom Shop for $34.99. It's modeled after Slash's 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555. I've never played through a real Silver Jubilee, but this thing sounds like a Marshall. The Slash amps still sound really good to my ears.

I don't see a way to get the newer Brit Silver without upgrading to AT5. I don't see it available in the Custom Shop. I will say that the Brit Silver is part of the British Collection (JCM 800, JCM 900, Silver Jubilee, JMP-1, and Marshall Major), and they all sound incredible.
supanorton

Postby JonnyLo94 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:10 am

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply and the tips. I will take a look at the Slash model that's based around the Silver Jubilee, thanks :)

I have just played with the free version of AT4 on the saturated Marshall, with a delay in the rack and some reverb. Holy cr*p I never knew amp sims could sound this good, I'm blown away. I'm going for Joe Bonamassa's tone circa 2010 and it's almost identical - can't imagine how good the Jubilee will sound.

Again thanks for your reply.
JonnyLo94

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Looking through the AT4 Custom Shop Gear Models PDF:

Brit Silver
Based on Marshall® Jubilee™ head
Based on the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Marshall company, the Brit Silver features the 3-gain mode of the preamp circuit “clean”, Rhythm Clip and Lead. The Silver Jubilee was also the first Marshall to feature an output power section that could be switched from full to 1/2 power, thus providing that JCM800 tone at reasonable volumes. The Brit Silver faithfully recreates the original Silver Jubilee down to every minute detail for hyper-real authentic Marshall tone.

JCM Slash
Officially Certified Slash-Marshall® JCM SLASH 2555SL Model
The Marshal®l JCM Slash was designed to the specs of Slash’s original 1987 Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555 amplifier. It was the first amplifier built by Marshall as a signature model.

But, oddly, the first one is NOT available in the current Custom Shop. As far as I can see, it is included in AT4, AT4 Deluxe, AT4 Max, AT5 and AT5 MAX.

And I could not find the British Collection for PC/MAC, only for iOS. I have asked Sales Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling