Amplitube 5 and transferring old licenses

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 and transferring old licenses

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:29 pm

I have purchased (pre-ordered) Amplitube 5 MAX and I already own Amplitube 4 MAX and have AmpliTube 4 Total Studio MAX 2 (from purchasing Total Studio Max 2). I also have the Fender Collection 2, etc...

I have a friend that I'd like to give my copy of Amplitube 4 MAX to so he can get used to it and see if he likes it (he's more of a plug into an amp guy) so I don't want to steer him down the road of spending too much quite yet.

So I can see that I have the option to transfer my Amplitube 4 MAX license but I'd need purchase the License Transfer Credit for $20. My questions are:

- Will I lose anything (any gear) by transferring my Amplitube 4 MAX license to my friend given that I already have Amplitube 4 MAX included in my Total Studio 2 MAX software?

- When I get my Amplitube 5 MAX software can I transfer the Fender collection 2 I bought separately to my friend as it is now included in my Amplitube 5 MAX license?

- Does the License Transfer Credit only work on one license? So if I want to transfer Amplitube 4 MAX and the fender collection 2 to my friend I'd need to buy 2 License Transfer Credits?
jason.martin.nl

Re: Amplitube 5 and transferring old licenses

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Let's see if I understand correctly:

At the moment you have
    Total Studio 2 MAX
    AmpliTube 4 MAX
    Fender 2 Collection
    and have pre-ordered AmpliTube 5 MAX
And you would end up with:
    Total Studio 2 MAX
    AmpliTube 5 MAX
And your friend would have
    AmpliTube 4 MAX
    Fender 2 Collection

Whether you can do the transfers depends on the licences that you currently have - were they the standard ones or were they (as I would think) Upgrades/ Crossgrades or a mix of both? If the second or third, then you would still need a Qualifying Product in your Account.
Also, purchases made inside of the Custom Shop using Gear Credits are not transferable. There may be other exclusions too (e.g. products bundled with hardware).

Please see the FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44

Now, assuming that the AmpliTube 4 MAX transfer is possible: the answers to your specific questions are
A1: no, nothing would be lost
A2: yes, you could transfer the Fender 2 Collection
A3: you would need one License Transfer Credit for each licence.

If you look in your User Area / My Products, you should be able to see which products are transferrable. Click on [Serials/Licence] and you will see a big red Transfer button if so.

But, for a definitive answer, please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Thanks for your reply DarkStar!

I initially got Amplitube 4 with my irig stomp io. I then did a crossgrade to Amplitube 4 MAX. It does show up under my products with the red transfer button available, this does not show up under all my products, for example Amplitube 4 TOTAL Studio MAX 2 (not available there, I assume because it was a bundle of products).

As for fender collection 2, I bought that when IK had the Krazy Trio special (fender collection 2, Leslie collection and Ampeg SVX 2) for $99. These all show up with the red transfer button as well.
jason.martin.nl

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Hmm, check with Account/Sales Support.

The following is my understanding.

Your AmpliTube 4 MAX is a crossgrade from AmpliTube 4, which itself was bundled (free) with that hardware. AT4 MAX may well be transferrable but the receiver would need a qualifying product in order to be able to Authorize the AT4 MAX crossgrade.

I do not know if transferred products can be Qualifying Products. But, if they can, you might be OK to Transfer the Fender 2 Collection first, then the AT4 MAX crossgrade.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks again. I'll open a ticket with sales/support to be sure
jason.martin.nl

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling