Upgrade from Amplitube 4 MAX to Amplitube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade from Amplitube 4 MAX to Amplitube 5?

Postby nosferatum » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 pm

I know the large topic already exists, but hopefully someone from IK can OFFICIALLY answer the obvious questions.

* Is it possible to use bought gear from Amplitube 4 MAX in the FREE version of Amplitube 5?
* Will the old gear work anyhow better than in Amp 4? Or the only reason to upgrade is the new UI?
* What happens if I upgrade and will lose all the gear and/or presets from Amplitube 4 MAX? Will it be possible to downgrade?
* What is the policy to upgrade to new Amplitube 5 MAX for owners of Amp 4 MAX? Can we get any discount compared to buying Amp5 from scratch?
* Is it true that the same gear from Amplitube 4 will be reworked in 5, i.e. the same amps should sound better? If yes, than if we upgrade from the old gear, will Amp5 use old or new version for the gear purchased for Amp4?

Thanks in advance, best regards.
nosferatum

Re: Upgrade from Amplitube 4 MAX to Amplitube 5?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:03 am

To be honest, these are answered in the main thread (and on the AmpliTube 5 web page), and officially by IK reps like me, but it is a long thread over there so here we go:
nosferatum wrote:I know the large topic already exists, but hopefully someone from IK can OFFICIALLY answer the obvious questions.

* Is it possible to use bought gear from Amplitube 4 MAX in the FREE version of Amplitube 5?

Yes but with limitations. There's a chart on the AmpliTube 5 web page that states specifically what the limitations are and yes they'll affect the sound not just functionality.
* Will the old gear work anyhow better than in Amp 4? Or the only reason to upgrade is the new UI?

Far more than a "new UI". AmpliTube 5 is a huge sonic improvement in many ways. Please check out the link above to the IK site for full details. Yes, your old gear will sound much better. Note that it won't be AS much better with the free AmpliTube 5 CS due to the aforementioned limitations that are documented on the IK web site.
[qoute]* What happens if I upgrade and will lose all the gear and/or presets from Amplitube 4 MAX? Will it be possible to downgrade?[/quote]
You don't lose anything. Your gear will work in AmpliTube 5. Your presets will be able to be migrated. AmpliTube 5 doesn't overwrite AmpliTube 4, it is a completely separate installation (this is so your current gear, settings, projects, etc are not affected - even an improvement in sound is a change and most people don't want their existing projects to suddenly change).
* What is the policy to upgrade to new Amplitube 5 MAX for owners of Amp 4 MAX? Can we get any discount compared to buying Amp5 from scratch?

You qualify for the upgrade/crossgrade pricing which is a significant discount vs what brand new users pay ($100 less). If you are logged in, you will see this pricing as the option to choose when you click Pre-order Now.
* Is it true that the same gear from Amplitube 4 will be reworked in 5, i.e. the same amps should sound better? If yes, than if we upgrade from the old gear, will Amp5 use old or new version for the gear purchased for Amp4?

Every cabinet has been redone. Legacy gear has been redone. Please see the IK website via the link above for details. When you load your gear in AmpliTube 5 it will be upgraded (using SE, 5, or MAX versions - if you use the free CS version you will only have 16 impulse responses per speaker vs 600+ per speaker with 5/SE/MAX among the other limitations that you can see on the comparison chart on the IK site).

Thanks in advance, best regards.

You're welcome.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling