AmpliTube 5 discount for owned Metal Pack? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 discount for owned Metal Pack? [Resolved]

Postby Hypocrisy99 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:05 am

Hello everyone, first post, today was the day I discovered AmpliTube. I've been jamming in Fl studio since 2003 always had crappy tones from physical guitar processors. I've been using a Johnson J-station (Since 2007) and it was amazing for replacing the zoom 505 (Pre 2000) I was running direct into the computer, then later learned about interfaces and started using it through those (Maudio mobilepre 2003). I've always had crap guitar tone though, six months ago someone gave me a cab sim and some IR's along with a couple vst amps (I have never messed with this stuff before or even really knew about it, I had only played around with Hardcore vst which comes with fl studio). Much better than using the jstation > AI > Computer. Less noise, crisp. But it was still lacking, still missing something, still kinda crap, the "computer" sound people talk about.

I decided to pony up and invest some cash and started looking into proper guitar suite software. I discovered AmpliTube 4, loaded it for my free trial version and fired it up. Oh. My God. Amazing, even just the free default stuff. I never had such warm and lush tones using vst software. I went to buy the max edition of AmpliTube 4 right away (I loaned a ENGL Powerball from custom shop and fell in love instantly along with a loaned Mesa Rectifier cab). I played for six hours straight, anyways I did come here with a question in mind.

So in a couple days I lose my rental on the ENGL Powerball but I want to keep playing. I am loath to buy version 4 when I was reading about version 5 coming out shortly (Looks fantastic, especially the impulse loader).

Here's my question, if I buy the metal pack (I'm aware the Powerball doesn't come with it, but it'll keep me busy) which I believe is 99 dollars, will I receive any kind of discount when I go to order AmpliTube 5 Max? Thanks, I'm so happy I finally found good tone. It use to be frustrating and keep me from recording, and there's just no way with a family to hook up my triple x / mesa rectifier 4x12 and record live these days.
Hypocrisy99

Re: AmpliTube 5 discount for owned Metal Pack?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Prior ownership of gear models or gear Collections does not trigger any additional discount. Can you imagine trying to work out a scheme for the thousands of AmpliTube users, each with different combinations of gear, some of whom have used the gear for years, others for a few weeks.

If you have got any IK Multimedia product with a list price of 99.00 (excluding VAT) or more (such as the Metal pack) then you would qualify for the AT5 upgrade prices.
And you can use any JamPoints to reduce the price further.

Anyone who buys AT4 or AT$ Deluxe or AT4 MAX now will get a free upgrade to AT5 SE.
In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE

Note that this does not include getting AT4 in a bundle such as Total Studio 2 MAX.

If you want the 7 newer gear Collections then AT5 MAX could be the one for you.

So it depends on what you want to end up with. Also, have a close look at the Comparison chart and linked PDF halfway down the AT5 product page.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darkogav » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:36 pm

@OP FWIW.. if you don't already have a decent gtr interface and really like Amplitube, you might want to check out the bundle. To me it seems the bundle is a better deal for anyone who wants AT 5.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... e-5-bundle
darkogav

Postby Hypocrisy99 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 am

I bought the AmpliTube Metal pack for 99.99 and it gave me a 100$ discount off AmpliTube 5 max. Now I have something to play with and keep me busy till it releases. So excited, I can finally write music again and not fight with tone and frustration all the time. The amount of quality EQ band sound AmpliTube gives me over the other ways I was doing its amazing. I run much less processor having to run so many plugins before to mask and clean up the sound. Excellent sound right out of the gate. I spent the past few hours just hitting chords admiring the shimmering of the celestion's and the response of the cabinets. I was even perfectly able to emulate the last recording studio I had and the hardwood floor / medium sized wall shimmer with the natural mic bleed in the program. Amazing.

The only downside being that it seems to load 1.4 gigs into RAM but I have much more RAM headspace than processor so its still a net gain for me. I was running this amp called Emissary that was taking up 60% of my processor. AmpliTube 4 with vst3 doesn't even use 20%.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Hypocrisy99

Re: AmpliTube 5 discount for owned Metal Pack? [ Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Good oh :D :mrgreen:

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling