AmpliTube 5 release date

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 release date

Postby neil.cummins1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 am

Well,we've got five days left to see if Q4 2020 becomes December 2020...

You won't get a stated release date,as all the ducks need to line up..ie the product works,the infrastructure is in place for the download surge on release day,support teams are ready for download/licensing/registration/functionality problems,although a launch too close to the holiday period may not be advantageous if problems arise that result in large numbers of support tickets being raised.Arguably,a wide possible release period also benefits the business model.

I'd place my money on next month now....
neil.cummins1

Re: AmpliTube 5 release date

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 pm

I split your post into its own thread as it was not related to that thread.

IK Multimedia has never said that the release date is November 2020.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:14 pm

We've stated Q4 which is before the end of the year. Like DarkStar states, we never mentioned November specifically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kezzamachine » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:18 am

So amped (see what I did there?) for this! Checking the IK page like three or four times a day! I waited 9 years for New Horizons to get to Pluto, so December 31st doesn't seem too hard... surely...!
kezzamachine

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm

kezzamachine wrote:So amped (see what I did there?) for this! Checking the IK page like three or four times a day! I waited 9 years for New Horizons to get to Pluto, so December 31st doesn't seem too hard... surely...!

I'm also going to go on record to say that we also haven't said December 31st because I'm confident it won't be that far either :)

Not only would that be a bad date to release something... But I'm as excited as you are!

And yes, that was a good one with the "amped" :P
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jschrade » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Having purchased AT5 MAX, I sort of expected the Collections, as they come with it, to light up in my user area for use in AT4 (I have MAX there too). That would have given plenty to play with, till AT5 releases.

Something to think about for the release of AT6! :D
jschrade

Postby stroonz58 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:56 am

Having purchased AT5 MAX, I sort of expected the Collections, as they come with it, to light up in my user area for use in AT4 (I have MAX there too). That would have given plenty to play with, till AT5 releases

I think you may have spent more than you had to. You could get the SE and everything in AT4 MAX will be available in AT5. And you get the new gear and features. Save yourself some $$$ and cancel that order and get the one for $99.
stroonz58

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:22 am

jschrade wrote:Having purchased AT5 MAX, I sort of expected the Collections, as they come with it, to light up in my user area for use in AT4 (I have MAX there too).

This has been discussed before. As you are buying an AT5 bundle you have to wait for it to be released to be able to access these extra gear packs.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:27 am

stroonz58 wrote:I think you may have spent more than you had to. You could get the SE and everything in AT4 MAX will be available in AT5. And you get the new gear and features. Save yourself some $$$ and cancel that order and get the one for $99.

I assume that user: jschrade has bought AT5MAX so that he gets the additional 7 signature gear packs (Satriani, May etc) not included with AT4MAX.

Please be aware that while AT5SE updates/upgrades your existing gear and give you the new features, it doesn't include the new amps, stomps etc that come with AT5.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Correct. If they expected the collections to show up they do not have them.

Please make sure you read and understand thoroughly before advising someone (incorrectly) to cancel their order and order the wrong version for their needs.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling