Amplitube 5 and the Joe Satriani Collection

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 and the Joe Satriani Collection

Postby nikolay.i » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks, this answers the other half of my question so now we have the full info.

To summarize - once Amplitube 5 is released the situation with Amplitube Joe Satriani would be the following:

Buying only Amplitube Joe Satriani and running it in the free Amplitube 5 Custom Shop app would mean using the old technology from AT4 (amp models/cab sims) adjusted to make it work in the new engine.

Buying Amplitube Joe Satriani + Amplitube 5 SE would mean using the old amp modeling from AT4 (adjusted to fit the new engine) and the new cab simulation (VIR) technology from AT5.
nikolay.i

Re: Amplitube 5 and the Joe Satriani Collection

Postby 4vientos » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:29 am

Translate this into physical people, gear, and spaces:

Joe Shadowbeard shows up at a recording studio, to check out their offerings.
They notice his shoes, and say, "Let's look at Studio A4, it's very affordable"
It sounds good, has nice gear, and not very expensive. So you call your
drummer, Bobby Bling, and he comes in the next day, with fancy shoes and rings...

The studio guy sizes him up, and says, "Let's tour studio A5, it's got
some great new gear, and some rare older gear that's been through our tech bench."
The price isn't cheap, but Bobby loves the room and gear, and calls his Dad.

$Dad$ rolls up the next day in a Maserati, (wearing a fine Italian suit, I might add :lol: )
and the studio owner holds the front door open for him. Dad says, " Please show me
the best you've got, our project is really important, and the price is not a big concern."

With the studio owner now starting to sweat, the vivacious studio attendant, Betty Bluesmaker,
arrives with cold drinks, and takes Dad by the arm, saying, "Let's go to room A5-MAX,
it's got our very best gear, the best acoustics in town, and you'll recognize
the photos and awards on the wall..." As the tour winds down, Bobby's dad is smiling,
and says, "Let's check our calendars and make this thing happen, I think 2021
is gonna be a great year for our band 8-) "
4vientos

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling