The missing AmpliTube 5 & AXE I/O option

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: The missing AmpliTube 5 & AXE I/O option

Postby Morsecode4 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:38 am

darkogav wrote:
Kinketsu wrote:
Morsecode4 wrote:Just purchased my bundle through Sweetwater. Live in Canada as well. Great deal even after factoring in exchange rate which I would pay either and duties.

Nice, thanks for the tip. Hadn't considered that option, and yes, it's a good price.

I have found a Canadian retail price that works out at only slightly more, after tax, and so will consider the merits of that versus this. But also I'm pondering right now whether to just buy the AXE I/O, which honestly has quite a lot of gear, and then maybe pick up AmpliTube 5 MAX at some opportune time later. Decisions, decisions.

That makes no sense. If you but Axe IO now, you will automatically get the AT 5 max bundle when it comes out. The price of the Axe IO is the same price as Axe IO with the bundle. Unless you found a retailer that has an Axe IO on super clearance.

What I was told by IK Support was that if I purchased an Axe I/O version in a store in Canada that came with AmpliTube 4 Deluxe, I would only be able to upgrade to AmpliTube 5SE.

If I wanted Max after that upgrade, I would have to pay the difference.

When I purchased my Axe I/O, I made certain it came with AmpliTube 5 Max.

IK Support confirmed that would be the best value option if I purchase an Axe I/O and wanted AmpliTube 5 Max.
Morsecode4

Postby Morsecode4 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:05 am

And after all that, Sweetwater called and said there is a cross-border licensing issue with AmpliTube. Only way really is to buy it on IK’s online store or look for a retailer up here that has the I/O w AmpliTube 5 Max bundle for sale.
Morsecode4

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Morsecode4 wrote:And after all that, Sweetwater called and said there is a cross-border licensing issue with AmpliTube. Only way really is to buy it on IK’s online store or look for a retailer up here that has the I/O w AmpliTube 5 Max bundle for sale.

I special-ordered mine from a Long and McQuade retail store... it's in their system, SKU: 0744516. The price is good. Are you near one of their stores? Unfortunately, it's not listed on their website for weborder (although curiously, the AXE I/O Solo + AT5 deal *is* listed).

I hope that helps! :-)

K
Kinketsu

Postby rampan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 pm

Thanks Kinketsu.
I contacted Long and McQuade online expressing my desire to purchase the Bundle so they have added it upon my request for anyone else interested to put an order.
Its a great price considering the upgrade price from Max 4 to Max 5.
I'm just interested in Amplitube Max 5 don't really need the Axe I/O but hey I'll try it out to see if its as good as they say. Once I receive it and test it out I'll post back. It will be compared to a UAD Ox Box, Messa Rectoverb amp, to UAD apollo X6.
Take care
rampan

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:41 pm

rampan wrote:Thanks Kinketsu.
I contacted Long and McQuade online expressing my desire to purchase the Bundle so they have added it upon my request for anyone else interested to put an order.
Its a great price considering the upgrade price from Max 4 to Max 5.
I'm just interested in Amplitube Max 5 don't really need the Axe I/O but hey I'll try it out to see if its as good as they say. Once I receive it and test it out I'll post back. It will be compared to a UAD Ox Box, Messa Rectoverb amp, to UAD apollo X6.
Take care

Ah, awesome, well done. That'll certainly be helpful for others. The person I chatted with very kindly found that it was available from retail stores and gave me the SKU, but perhaps didn't know what steps to take to get it listed on the website. (No issue for me, the store is nearby anyway.)

Cheers,
K
Kinketsu

Postby Troy J » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:14 pm

I am also from Canada and looking at the bundle.. Worried about the duty also..And another point, if I buy from a retailer in Canada I cant use my Jampoints ..Ordered from Long and McQuade which have these bundles (and other ik Multimedia items) on their website.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=sear ... pagination
Troy J

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:53 pm

Troy J wrote:I am also from Canada and looking at the bundle.. Worried about the duty also..And another point, if I buy from a retailer in Canada I cant use my Jampoints ..Ordered from Long and McQuade which have these bundles (and other ik Multimedia items) on their website.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=sear ... pagination

Ya, as I noted above, that's the decision I made. IK Multimedia is churning out innovative products at such a pace that I'm quite confident that my JamPoints will be useful for some future purchase.
Kinketsu

Postby rampan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:40 am

Just to let everyone know, I was surprised myself that since I already have Amplitube 4Max and I upgraded to the free Amplitube 5CS. The surprise is that its exactly like Max 5 only missing some collections (Satch, Fender2, Brian, Leslie Dimebag) and not as the comparison on IK site says. I have all the Mics, most of the cabs all the Rack effects all the rooms, custom IR, VIR tech, 8ch studio, etc... exactly like Amp 5 MAX and I did not have to pay nothing!
Maybe there is a catch somewhere that I don't see?

Sine I was under the impression that I had to pay 300$ US to upgrade I ordered The Axe IO+Bundle Max5, but now I do not see the point so I canceled it since I'm not even sure when its shipping and I couldn't get an ETA on it.(Anyone received it?)
So I ordered the solo, at almost half the price.

I hope that helps anyone who already have Amp 4 MAX.
Thanks
rampan

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:27 pm

All of the gear that you have licensed should appear in AT5 CS. If not, then please contact Technical Support to sort it out. AT5 CS does have some new features / GUI etc over AT4.

AT5 MAX would have given you all the new features, gear models and impulse responses and the 7 (?) Collections released since AT4 MAX.,
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rampan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:14 am

Hi Darkstar,
What I’m saying is that all the new features are already active! only thing missing is the 5 extra packages I mentioned (in my case)
Cheers
rampan

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:06 am

rampan wrote:What I’m saying is that all the new features are already active! only thing missing is the 5 extra packages I mentioned (in my case)
Cheers

Yes, all your AT 4 MAX effects will be operable in AT 5 CS. When you get your Solo, you'll also receive an upgrade from AT 5 CS to AT 5 SE, and I believe that will upgrade all impulse responses, etc, to the current AT 5 quality.

So, what you'll be missing is any new gear released since AT 4 MAX.

(In my case, I only have AT 4 rather than AT 4 MAX; so, the AT 5 MAX bundle made sense. Won't arrive until early January, unfortunately.)
Kinketsu

Postby rampan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:10 am

Hi kinketsu,
Yes for sure in your case you are better with the max bundle. I actually do not think there is any difference between versions except the included gear, no quality or extra tools or ability as far as I can see and when I’ll upgrade to 5 se there will be no difference in quality since I already own all what’s included in that package.
There is a misleading comparison on ik website making everyone think there is more quality and capabilities. For example it says you can only get 24 simultaneous models with cs and it would be 57 with se and above. Also you get only 2 cabs with cs and 3 with se and above.
I have cs and I can confirm that I can have 3 cabs and everything else cs is not suppose to do.

On the other hand That is not what it says if you go to the cs version and look at the specs...all models from cs to max are the same only more gear.

Of course I could be wrong and I will see a difference in quality after installing the se version.
Will see.

Take care
rampan

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi rampan,

In moving from CS to SE, it looks like are several things on that first page of the comparison chart where the two products are different e.g. the "Impulses per speaker" upgrades from 16 to 600, VIR cabinet technology, custom IR loader, rack FX positioning, mixer.

It agree it's unclear about simultaneous models/amps/cabs. I currently have AT 5 CS with AT 4 content (since I don't have my bundle yet); the chart says 2 simultaneous amps, but in a single track I am able to use 3 amps, each on its own chain, without any trouble. Perhaps having AT 4 is upgrading this, or maybe "simultaneous" means something else mysterious that I don't fully understand.

K
Kinketsu

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling