Amplitube IV plugin crashes (a lot) in Ableton Live 10 Lite

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube IV plugin crashes (a lot) in Ableton Live 10 Lite

Postby Antonio Bonomo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi, I'm new here - purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 3rd Gen 2i2 and hooked it up to my PC. I've installed Ableton Live 10 Lite and added a ton of plugins. The only one that crashes repeatedly is Amplitube IV. It only crashes Ableton when I close Amplitube IV, and it seems to not crash when there aren't any stomps - it may be just having one stomp in there that causes the problem, or maybe it is because I enabled every stomp, but I'm stumped... I can run it as a stand alone, but I use Ableton for my synth recording as well, so that complicates matters - I don't want to have to run Amplitube by itself and use something like Sound Forge or Audacity to record the audio that's being output, and then export the wav or aiff or whatever, to then import it into Ableton... I searched the forum and didn't see any reports about this, so maybe it is just me.
Antonio Bonomo

Re: Amplitube IV plugin crashes (a lot) in Ableton Live 10 L

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:44 pm

Hello Antonio Bonomo and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Antonio Bonomo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Thank you for your reply. FYI, I should mention that I had my ASIO sample rate set to 192000, and I've turned it down to 96k (I don't think I need 192k for guitar and synth/sampler!) Anyway, I've tested it a few times and that may have actually solved the problem, though I haven't had it open for any stretch of time, but it isn't crashing instantly when I close the amplitube plugin, like it was doing before, so who knows. This may have made it useful after all. :) Now if I could just get Pro Tools installed so I could see if I prefer that instead of Ableton...
Antonio Bonomo

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Yes, you should be OK with 96,000 Hz. It would be worth letting IK ans Ableton know about your findings.

What happens if you try the standalone AmpliTube ("AT4") program at 192,000 Hz?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:49 pm

From the AT4 specs:

"Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz"
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software