Sharing Presets Between Devices

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Sharing Presets Between Devices

Postby dirty.adios » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Should be simple, but I cant find out how to accomplish sharing presets between my devices.

I have an iMac a Macbook Pro and an iPhone, all with Amplitube 4. I want them to all have the same presets, both factory and ones I've created. How do I do this?

Each version of Amplitube 4 is different on each device. Some have factory presets missing, it seems completely random. I just want everything to be uniform on all devices - when I create a preset on my iMac, I want it on my iPhone and my Macbook pro, etc.

There's got to be some way to do this.

Thanks.
dirty.adios

Re: Sharing Presets Between Devices

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Hello dirty.adios and welcome to the forum.

You should be able to share presets between your iMac and MBP without issue, but not to the iPhone I'm afraid as it is a different platform.

I have a folder specifically for user presets in the file tree for AT4. Once you have saved your user presets in AT4 on, for example, the iMac you need to navigate to the folder they're saved in, which should be Documents/IK Multimedia/AmpliTube 4/Presets/(User in my case) and they'll be there as a *.at4p file which you can copy/paste to your MBP.

dirty.adios wrote:Each version of Amplitube 4 is different on each device. Some have factory presets missing, it seems completely random.

I'm not quite sure why this would be. Are the iMac and MBP both running the same version?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Sharing Presets Between Devices

Postby dirty.adios » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:56 pm

It's odd. If I go into the Fender collection, factory presets that are on my iMac are not on my Macbook pro. It's the same collection, not sure why the presets wouldn't be consistent.
dirty.adios

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling