Question about the Gain knob behaviour in the Orange Amps

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Question about the Gain knob behaviour in the Orange Amps

Postby dissectionalone » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:09 am

Cheers, guys,

First time posting here.
I've got Amplitube Orange CS Last Christmas since I've bought an Orange OMEC Teleport.
I really like the tones and the Dynamics in the Amp models however there's something that confuses me which is the behaviour of the gain knob in the Orange Amp models in Amplitube because unless the Gain is set to at least noon, regardless of the volume setting I get no sound from the Amp Sim...
This behaviour really caught my attention when I tried the Tiny Terror model because I do own a real Tiny Terror Head and on the real amp as long as the gain knob isn't at zero and the volume knob isn't either, the amp does produce sound.
Do any of you experience this or is it just me? Does Amplitube behave differently if you're using an iRig as an interface?

Best regards
dissectionalone

Re: Question about the Gain knob behaviour in the Orange Amp

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello dissectionalone and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling