Amplitube and Behringer X-Touch Midi Controller [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube and Behringer X-Touch Midi Controller [Resolved]

Postby DirkDanger » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:44 pm

HI, I'm trying to use the X-Touch Mini with Amplitube 4 on my PC (standalone, not as a DAW plugin), to turn dials on amps, pedals, etc, and change presets. I couldn't get it to work, so after getting in touch with Amplitube support they were able to help me get the encoders working (I had to set up the Recieve channel in Amplitube to match the X-Touch). However, the buttons on the X-Touch won't work. They are communicating with Amplitube (the red light on Amplitube flashes when a button on XTouch is used), but nothing happens. While the encoders work if I turn them, if I press the encoder nothing happens. Also, the fader on the XTouch works the same way as the encoder with Amplitube. I know nothing about MIDI and this is the first time I have used a Midi controller, so I haven't a clue what I'm doing.

I got in touch with Behringer support but so far they haven't been able to help.

If anyone has used the Behringer X-Touch Mini with Amplitube standalone could you help with how you set up the X-Touch.

I still have time to send the X-Touch back to Amazon if I can't get it working. Are there any cheapish midi controllers that would suit my needs. I just want a desktop solution: no floor controllers.
DirkDanger

Re: Amplitube and Behringer X-Touch Midi Controller

Postby Wildboy3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:30 am

I'm not sure if this can help you, but I ran into an issue regarding communications that sounds a little like yours.

I was using a midi app on my iphone to control AmpliTube. It worked flawlessly last week, but today it wasn't working well. My red light in AT4 was flashing when I was pressing a program change button on my phone, but the preset wasn't changing.

Turns out the button I had programmed on my phone was not sending commands on CHANNEL 1, which is the only channel AmpliTube listens to for midi commands.

Is there a way for you to check which channel your midi device is using? And is there a way for you to change it?

Check out this app on iPhone or its equivalent:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-cont ... 1470513354

You can program sliders, buttons, etc. to control every stomp, knob and preset in AT4.
Wildboy3

Postby Wildboy3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 am

read the first review here, it sounds like what I am describing and what you are experiencing:

https://www.behringer.com/behringer/pro ... Code=P0B3M
Wildboy3

Postby DirkDanger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks for replying Wildboy3. I finally got it working. Your post helped because I think it was having to set the channel to 1* in the X-Touch editor as in that review on the Behringer website. Cheers.

I must say that the Behringer X-Touch Mini editor and manual is crap for people new to midi.
DirkDanger

Postby Wildboy3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 pm

Happy it's working. My solution was a long shot as I am also new to all this midi stuff... But when it works, it's awesome!

Rock ON!
Wildboy3

Re: Amplitube and Behringer X-Touch Midi Controller [Resolve

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:27 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling