AmpliTube Acoustic

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Acoustic

Postby vac713 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 pm

No love for acoustics guitars? I would love to see an acoustic pack. Can anyone suggest a setup in the meantime? Obviously I would start with a clean amp. What else do you all have for suggestions?
vac713

Re: AmpliTube Acoustic

Postby bryanm » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Compressor? Reverb? Boost? eq? Maybe a touch of chorus? Seems like some combination of all those would get you there without even an amp!
bryanm

Postby dlgebert » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:38 pm

vac713 wrote:Can anyone suggest a setup in the meantime?

Have you tried this?

Image from Amplitube 5, but the text below is from the Amplitube 4 "AmpliTube Custom Shop Gear Models" manual.

Code: Select all
Acoustic Sim
Turn your electric guitar into an acoustic guitar with the Acoustic Sim! Mix three guitar body styles with three
types of top end to dial in your acoustic sound. Equalize the result with a 2-band post EQ.

Controls:

•    SOURCE: select the type of pickup you are using: single coil or humbucker.

•    BODY: choose between three types of acoustic guitar bodies: 1: dreadnought body. 2: 12-string guitar body. 3: Classical guitar body.

•    TOP: choose between three types of top end response. Although types A, B, C have originally been designed to match their respective 1, 2, 3, bodies, you can experiment with any cross combination.

•    MIX: mixes the acoustic sound with the magnetic pickup sound. When Mix is set to 0, you get a filtered version of your dry signal, without any body and top end applied. When Mix is set to 10, you get the acoustic sound only. Turn Mix from 10 downwards to progressively add the mid frequencies of the magnetic pickup.

•    BASS: increases/decreases overall bass frequencies.

•    TREBLE: increases/decreases overall treble frequencies.

IMPORTANT: In order to obtain a satisfying acoustic sound, you should bypass the amp and cabinet sections by pressing the power icon on these two sections.

Maybe this amp?

Image from Amplitube 5, but the text below is from the Amplitube 4 "AmpliTube Custom Shop Gear Models" manual.

Code: Select all
AmpliTube Clean
American Clean MKIII

Based on Mesa/Boogie® Mark III™ Combo (Clean Channel)

This is a model of the clean channel from a popular and sought after American amplifier. The signature tone can
be heard on many albums and many stages around the world. Experience a sparkling clean with the capability
for a touch of crunch when cranked up.

This amp is extremely versatile you can really get many types of clean or edgy tones from its incredibly flexible
preamplifier. By selecting two different preamp shapes (Rhythm 2), and by adapting the tone with the Shift and
Deep switches, you can really shape your clean/edgy sound in almost all possible ways. Add the final 5 band
graphic EQ and the tonal possibilities are really wide. But be careful, this is not a ‘set and forget’ amp. Being it
extremely versatile it can of course be set to a tone that could be totally far from what is needed on that part. It needs a degree of experimentation and experience before you can really master it!

Controls:

•    VOLUME: sets the volume of the clean preamp. Push it closer to 10 for an edgy sound that starts to
crunch.

•    BRIGHT: boosts brilliance of the preamp, especially when the Volume control is kept low.

•    TREBLE: sets the amount of high frequencies on the sound.

•    SHIFT: modifies the frequencies where the Bass control works.

•    BASS: sets the amount of low frequencies on the sound.

•    MIDDLE: sets the amount of mid frequencies on the sound.

•    MASTER: determines the level that is sent to the power amp. Turning this knob up, makes the power amp to saturate and produce great crunch sounds.

•    RHYTHM 2: when enabled the preamp has more gain, and it is therefore possible to obtain extremely musical and sweet crunch sounds.

•    DEEP: when enabled the bass response of the amplifier is extended.

•    EQ: enables the graphic EQ.

•    EQ BANDS: these sliders can control the equalization of the amp on 5 distinct frequencies areas. You’ll find it extremely musical and a powerful sound sculpting tool.

•    PRESENCE: when turned up the amp becomes more present and brighter.

•    REVERB: controls the amount of reverb coming from the internal spring unit.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby hof1271 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 pm

IM surprised IK hasn't turned out a 'acoustic' amplifier, however, my go to for that sound ( near enough) is the Fender 1 collection 64' Vibroverb using the 'almost acoustic' preset. I use it a lot, its great !
hof1271

Postby vac713 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Dave, I have experimented with that but I'm not looking for a simulator. I want to record using an actual acoustic guitar. Thus far, I'm finding the best results with rack effects and the amplifier turned off
vac713

Postby dlgebert » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:38 pm

vac713 wrote:I want to record using an actual acoustic guitar. Thus far, I'm finding the best results with rack effects and the amplifier turned off

When I see Amplitube I think of solid body electric guitars. I assume you are using piezo pickups then.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:22 pm

If you are looking to plug in an electro-acoustic, I'd suggest any of the "clean" category amps at reasonable volume settings. They'll usually get you there.

For acoustic recording I'd more rather go with microphones into my AXE I/O or iRig Acoustic Stage into it (you don't need to use iRig Acoustic Stage as a USB interface if you already have one) as those will both give a more natural sound.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Peter, agreed. I am using the acoustic stage
vac713

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling