Why no dumble?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Why no dumble?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:21 pm

There may be a way... I was just mentioning gaining access to someone's Dumble late last week. It may take a little time but we might actually get there!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SturgeonGenral63 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Very cool - looking forward to it!
Well, my Hermida Zendrive pedal is available, in the meantime!
SturgeonGenral63

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:27 pm

Cool!!!

When we reach the next tier in the group buy, I’ll be getting the Dimebag Darrell gear, which will complete my AmpliTube library. GASing for a Dumble soon!
supanorton

Postby fjzax » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:22 pm

It would be really cool to see an AmpliTube Robben Ford collection.

fj
fjzax

Postby dmitch » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:28 pm

dnr wrote:Also, it is clear that Alexander Dumble would not allow an official emulation.

I know of at least one other amp sim that has a decent Dumble sim. They even use the Dumble name in marketing material and in the actual product, so there must be some level of "blessing" or approval by the powers that be at Dumble.

I'm reasonably optimistic that AT5 can get a good Dumble sim too.
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Postby dnr » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:29 pm

dmitch wrote:
dnr wrote:Also, it is clear that Alexander Dumble would not allow an official emulation.

I know of at least one other amp sim that has a decent Dumble sim. They even use the Dumble name in marketing material and in the actual product, so there must be some level of "blessing" or approval by the powers that be at Dumble.

I'm reasonably optimistic that AT5 can get a good Dumble sim too.

Yes but not one emulation officially blessed by Alexander Dumble. The "powers that be" is only the man himself.
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:54 pm

This is probably the closest we'll get to someone endorsing a Dumble model

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:07 am

They are overrated. You actually have to be a good player to get a good sound from them (which means you can get good sound out of everything) :P

Don't worry, rules me out too.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:41 am

Speak for yourself :) Yes, they have that "mystique" but some of us do consider ourselves good players who know what it takes to coax great tone from gear so we'll take a Dumble if it comes along :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm

I'm certainly not against it, I just hear others playing through them and think "meh" it's ok. I wouldn't hate having one but they are just cra cra expensive and I've never heard a recording and said "ooooo, I really have to put that in my bucket list" :)

Anyways, the emu's I've played through sound boring and lifeless. Maybe IK could get it right? But then again, which one? There are MANY Dumbles. So simply sayin one or the other is kinda not covering that ground.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling