Rookie Question with simple recording

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Rookie Question with simple recording

Postby mikemtglo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 am

I have the free version of Amplitube installed on my PC. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3 as my audio interface and an electric guitar as my instrument.
Under MIDI setup, I have selected my Focusrite as input as well as output. The free amps and sound effects all work perfectly. So no issue there.

I'm just wanting to record me playing the guitar onto a single track. I'm in the RECORDER area of Amplitube. My input is "2" which corresponds to the 2nd input on my Focusrite.

When I click record, everything looks like its ready to record. The track line is moving along, the record button is solid red, I'm playing my guitar - but when I stop, nothing ever shows up in the track line? It's like I never hit the record button.

I'm able to record with Amplitube just fine as a plugin with FL Studio, but using the standalone I just can't get it to work? Please, any help greatly appreciate.
mikemtglo

Re: Rookie Question with simple recording

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Have you enabled the record button on the track in AmpliTube's recorder? Both the FX and the R buttons should be engaged on the track your recording on to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Rookie Question with simple recording

Postby mikemtglo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Have you enabled the record button on the track in AmpliTube's recorder? Both the FX and the R buttons should be engaged on the track your recording on to.

Thanks for your reply. I had triple checked all of this, FX, R both enabled, record button enabled, watched youtube instruction videos, looked at screen shots of other users etc., My settings were all correct, still would not record.

I just now opened Amplitube again, but this time directly through its folder instead of the shortcut on my dekstop. Why, how, nothing changed...I'm recording like a champ now.

Thanks!
mikemtglo

Re: Rookie Question with simple recording (RESOLVED)

Postby mikemtglo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Have you enabled the record button on the track in AmpliTube's recorder? Both the FX and the R buttons should be engaged on the track your recording on to.

Thanks for your reply. I had triple checked all of this, FX, R both enabled, record button enabled, watched youtube instruction videos, looked at screen shots of other users etc., My settings were all correct, still would not record.

I just now opened Amplitube again, but this time directly through its folder instead of the shortcut on my dekstop. Why, how, nothing changed...I'm recording like a champ now.

Thanks!
mikemtglo

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling