Cannot Eliminate Direct Input Monitoring

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Cannot Eliminate Direct Input Monitoring

Postby jneiser » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Greetings,

I've searched the boards for an answer, but can't figure this out. I'm using an Axe I/O into the latest version of Logic. I am using the exact same settings I always do for an amp sim plugin, but I cannot get rid of a complete clean direct tone on the right side. If I pan hard left, it sounds fine, but I get a "half and half" sound when in stereo -- processed on the left, clean unprocessed on the right.

I've checked the cab settings and the DI is to zero. My input monitor is set to 100 percent processed.

What am I doing wrong?
jneiser

Re: Cannot Eliminate Direct Input Monitoring

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:19 pm

In AmpliTube, which signal routing are you using? Pic, please - see https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432.

Could it be one of the stereo ones and the right-hand channel is passed straight through empty slots or "clean / transparent" gear?

I do not know Logic but does it differentiate between mono and stereo audio tracks?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Hey jneiser

Make sure you have Software Monitoring checked in Preferences>Audio>General in LPX.

Also, make sure your input channel is mono and you open AT4 as a Mono->Stereo plugin.

I've not come across this issue before, very weird. If you've accidentally made the guitar channel stereo input, you'd hear nothing in the right as you've only got guitar plugged into the left.

I guess Logic is showing an output on the right on the meters? Maybe posting some screenshots might help us. This post tells you how to do that: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432"

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Marcfloyd29 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:43 pm

Found a simple answer that worked for me.. In Logic, I opened the mixer; and on the track, turn off 'stereo output' and select 'no output'. Gets rid of the clean, direct sound and you get nothing but the beautiful Amplitube sound at any volume!
Marcfloyd29

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling