New to this and I need help

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

New to this and I need help

Postby frincon » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:28 am

Hi everybody,

I have recently bought an audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo3rd gen) and I have also downloaded Amplitube 4.

If i play with the monitor direct on, I can play my guitar with clean sounds, as it is. The problem is when I switch to amplitube 4, I get latency -I dont know how to fix it- and I can barely listen the amp rig Im using. I am also a wireless guitar connection because of space issues.

How can I fix both problems? Latency and Low volume.

Thank you all for your help! I am extremely new to this kind of stuff and I am lost
frincon

Re: New to this and I need help

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:57 am

Hello frincon and welcome to the forums.

Ok, first thing, although you may have worked this out by now, keep Direct Monitoring off. This means you will be hearing the output from your computer ie AT4.

Secondly, in AT4 go to Settings>Audio MIDI Setup. Here you will see Buffer Size with a dropdown box which you will need to experiment with. The lower the number, the less latency you will get BUT it will tax your processor more and you may get glitches and crackling if you try to go too low. Higher buffer sizes puts less pressure on your CPU but at the expense of latency.

frincon wrote:I am also a wireless guitar connection because of space issues.

As an aside, and it doesn't have to be permanent, I would test things by pluging in your guitar direct into the AI otherwise you could be adding another layer of latency that you're not taking into account.

frincon wrote:and I can barely listen the amp rig Im using

frincon wrote:Low volume

This is probably/hopefully just down to how you've got the input and output levels set in the software. Make sure you have a healthy (but not in the red) signal coming into the interface (the Halo ring around the gain control) and then set the input and output on the software. After that use the headphone/speaker level on the Solo to hear at a safe but decent level.

You don't say what platform/OS you're on, or how you are monitoring the sound, which may help us with any more specific details, but the above should get you somewhere near to where you want to go.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling