Run my AX IO output thru amplitube -noob question [Resolved

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Run my AX IO output thru amplitube -noob question [Resolved

Postby jberkley17 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:19 am

Total noob with digital interface and amp sims...i can hear my guitar thru the AXE IO thru my headphones. but haven't figured out how to push the sound through the amplitube so i can add different cabs/IRs and add effects.
jberkley17

Re: Run my AX IO output thru amplitube -noob question

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:07 pm

[Mod: I've moved your thread to the AmpliTube forum.]

AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") can run on your computer as a standalone program or as a plug-in in a Digital Audio Workstation ("DAW").

Details can be found in the AmpliTube User Manual (which was installed when you installed the AT4 software). Have a look at Chapter 2. In your circumstances, you should install the AXE I/O driver (no need to ASIO4All) and select that as the ASIO Device. Also make sure you install the AXE I/O Control software program.

What you are hearing is the direct sound from your guitar, also known as Direct Monitoring. Section 7 in the AXE I/O User Manual explains in and how to turn it off. Then you audio will be sent to your computer, into AmpliTube, through the AT4 gear, then back out to the AXE I/O and your 'phones.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Run my AX IO output thru amplitube -noob question

Postby jberkley17 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:02 am

Awesome! thank you! that did it. i feel a little dumb that i didn't figure out the direct/daw knob but thank you for pointing in the right direction AND giving me the sections in the right manuals for me to read thru. it's so friggin cool!
jberkley17

Re: Run my AX IO output thru amplitube -noob question[Resol

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:43 pm

You're welcome :) No need to worry about asking - this thread will surely help other users too.

---------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling