[RESOLVED] Max5 Collections Now

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] Max5 Collections Now

Postby Abikis » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Upgrading from amplitube 4 max to 5 max should grant access to all the available collections immediately in amplitube 4. It doesn't make sense that 5 includes all the gear in 4 but you can't use it until 5 launches with the max preorder.
Abikis

Re: Max5 Collections Now

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:14 pm

If I understand you correctly ...

Well, those additional Collections will have serial numbers and be bundled in with AT 5 MAX. And probably cannot be applied you your IKM Account until AT5 is released.

I reckon that it would take quite a bit of additional staff effort (either manually or reprogramming the sales and account administration systems) to handle that.

You could contact Sales Support to see if they could do anything, but they will be quite busy at the moment.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:28 pm

AmpliTube 5 MAX and everything contained therein is a preorder. The collections will be available to you when you receive your AmpliTube 5 MAX serial.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Abikis » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:AmpliTube 5 MAX and everything contained therein is a preorder. The collections will be available to you when you receive your AmpliTube 5 MAX serial.

I understand that, but it honestly just feels like an oversight that what is available now isn't unlocked now. It's something that's become a standard with software preorders from your competitors.
Abikis

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm

I'll relay your concern to the team for future consideration. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:10 pm

For those who haven't seen the chart, note that there is a chart that shows the different features and includes AmpliTube 5 CS (and AT4 CS for reference) on our web site. Full version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#version and screenshot (partial) below:

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Damagical » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:17 am

I'm in the same boat. I've paid for 5 max, but though the software is paid for I can't use any of the gear on my AmpliTube 4 now. It seems to me so much more reasonable that if 5 max has been paid for 4 max would be unlocked in the interim on my account.
Damagical

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Damagical wrote:I'm in the same boat. I've paid for 5 max, but though the software is paid for I can't use any of the gear on my AmpliTube 4 now. It seems to me so much more reasonable that if 5 max has been paid for 4 max would be unlocked in the interim on my account.

Unfortunately that's not going to be possible. You're getting the collections that do exist as they are now but they're upgraded in AmpliTube 5 MAX so technically different and AmpliTube 5 MAX like previous bundles is a bundle so there is no way in the system that those could be unlocked early in any manageable manner without duplication etc once released.

It shouldn't be too long now until AmpliTube 5 is released.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm

"It shouldn't be too long now until AmpliTube 5 is released."

Minutes, hours, days, weeks? :lol:
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm

supanorton wrote:"It shouldn't be too long now until AmpliTube 5 is released."

Minutes, hours, days, weeks? :lol:

Yes. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PiotrUS » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:33 am

Peter_IK wrote:For those who haven't seen the chart, note that there is a chart that shows the different features and includes AmpliTube 5 CS (and AT4 CS for reference) on our web site. Full version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#version and screenshot (partial) below:

It would be so helpful to add to comparison for Amplitube 5 versions also against Amplitube 4 MAX and A4...
I have still doubts if having A4MAx I really need A5 not A5SE- why we need to search thought forum for explanations instead of having it clear on IK site?

It is repeating again and again... Wasn't the same issue when Amplitube 4 was released?
Instead putting things clear on webpage lots of confused people looking through forums...

IK, please respect our time. Aren't we your precious customers?
PiotrUS

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm

What is included is laid out there too with the "Gear Included". And the information about which versions unlock and upgrade your current gear.

Each person has unique needs, the charts explain what is there and what limitations are in the CS version. You can see if there is gear you don't have (or overlap with gear you do have) with those charts and links on the main AmpliTube 5 page.

What additional information do you need?

To summarize it, though, as we have done here and other places:

• AmplITube 5 CS is limited (best to check the chart on that one).
  • AmplTube 5 SE will upgrade the gear you have and includes full functionality of AmpliTube 5 without the limits of CS.
  • AmpliTube 5 adds the new gear (listed on the AmpliTube 5 page separately and in the "Gear included" link) to that.
  • AmpliTube 5 MAX adds all the the collections released since AmpliTube 4 MAX to that (they are listed directly on the page and in the "Gear included" link too).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:08 pm

What I have done is taken the Comparison Chart PDF and annotated it - highlighting in green each of the gear models that I currently have. That makes it easier to spot what new gear I would get from each of the AT5 editions.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby PiotrUS » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:56 am

Peter_IK wrote:What is included is laid out there too with the "Gear Included". And the information about which versions unlock and upgrade your current gear.

Each person has unique needs, the charts explain what is there and what limitations are in the CS version. You can see if there is gear you don't have (or overlap with gear you do have) with those charts and links on the main AmpliTube 5 page.

What additional information do you need?

To summarize it, though, as we have done here and other places:

• AmplITube 5 CS is limited (best to check the chart on that one).
  • AmplTube 5 SE will upgrade the gear you have and includes full functionality of AmpliTube 5 without the limits of CS.
  • AmpliTube 5 adds the new gear (listed on the AmpliTube 5 page separately and in the "Gear included" link) to that.
  • AmpliTube 5 MAX adds all the the collections released since AmpliTube 4 MAX to that (they are listed directly on the page and in the "Gear included" link too).

Thank you very much. The summary is actually very useful for me. But that was my point.

I believe you put explanation many times on forum in different places but why we need even to go to forum for it? With all respect having many things to do I have no time for looking for forums I would like to believe IK can predict our doubts (especially after experience with A4) and prepare it to let us know everything after looking at product page.

Peter, have you seen what one of your customer wrote?? He was going one by one gear and checking if it is owned by him... What a waste of time and pain for many people.

Let me put an example how it could be improved.
Dynamic table comparing version where you can check compare A4MAX vs A5 (like in many AGDTV shops) and showing only differences... Just simple like that...

Another even more advanced example (but requires a little more effort from web programmers)
it is clear what we have as we have all our gear owned bound to our account, right??

So why not give an option at our account page to check what we would get when upgrading to A5 version X??

Yes, much effort of programmers but... Much less effort from you to explain over and over and what should be most important much less pain and doubts for customers.

Please don't blame us we don't want to go through many threads and read everything not to miss a useful answer.... While I believe A5 is very good (after all I do really like A4 and some of its sims are my favorite) it is not my the only thing to do in life to buy it. We have jobs, families, duties, another action to do just to make decision about buying is very discouraging...

But anyway, having your summary and appreciating your involvement to help us all I am hoping also
you can take into consideration what I stated. You want to improve user experience, right?

Regards,
P.
PiotrUS

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:17 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling