Upgrade from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Upgrade from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5

Postby SalvoM » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:35 pm

I agree with you on this. Also I'm a bit disappointed about the upgrade policy limited only if you have spent more than 100 bucks, but... nothing for whom spent more than 1000 during the years....

Anyway I leave that for another post. :lol:

Thanks for your help.
;)
SalvoM

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:38 pm

^^^^
Well, you did get JamPoints over the years too. And the value of using all those products for all that time. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:58 pm

You don't get the newly-added gear in AmpliTube 5 SE. The gear in the video below as examples (and to not-so-sneakily show you how great they sound and convince you AmpliTube 5 standard edition is the way to go :D ):

https://youtu.be/MIyxYEavCSg

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stormwatch1977 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You don't get the newly-added gear in AmpliTube 5 SE. The gear in the video below as examples (and to not-so-sneakily show you how great they sound and convince you AmpliTube 5 standard edition is the way to go :D ):

https://youtu.be/MIyxYEavCSg

In that video at about 1:19, the guitars sound HUGE, like there's two playing at once (at least). How is that achieved? Just by playing through two separate simulated amps in the Amplitube chain at once?
stormwatch1977

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:49 pm

stormwatch1977 wrote:In that video at about 1:19, the guitars sound HUGE, like there's two playing at once (at least). How is that achieved? Just by playing through two separate simulated amps in the Amplitube chain at once?

At the end of the chain (by the Mixer) there's stereo output so though they don't show the Mixer in the interface, the signal is split and panned in the Mixer section. Nice sound, eh?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:25 pm

I am trying to sort out a number of things, including what specific AT5 gear I would have gotten as part of a purchase of the AT5 Upgrade during GB25 from previously having had (1a) AT4 MAX, (1b) Fender Collection 2, (1c) Amplitube SVX 2, and (1d) Fulltone Collection all from the post October 15th, 2020 TS2 MAX bundle and (2) the subsequent 2020 AT5 SE Upgrade.

Based on what I have read, it seemed to me that all of the gear I had from the AT4 MAX package as well as the three bundled collections (Fender 2, SVX 2, and Fulltone) would have been upgraded to AT5 once I had, installed, and authorized the AT5 SE Update.

If that's correct, what gear (if any) should the 2021 GB25 AT5 Upgrade have added?

If it's not correct, what gear (if any) should the 2021 GB25 AT5 Upgrade have added?

I have already tried to figure all this out myself from the website AT comparison lists and tables, from ownership checkmarks in the software, and from posts in various forums/communities without success. Thanks.
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:I am trying to sort out a number of things, including what specific AT5 gear I would have gotten as part of a purchase of the AT5 Upgrade during GB25 from previously having had (1a) AT4 MAX, (1b) Fender Collection 2, (1c) Amplitube SVX 2, and (1d) Fulltone Collection all from the post October 15th, 2020 TS2 MAX bundle and (2) the subsequent 2020 AT5 SE Upgrade.

Based on what I have read, it seemed to me that all of the gear I had from the AT4 MAX package as well as the three bundled collections (Fender 2, SVX 2, and Fulltone) would have been upgraded to AT5 once I had, installed, and authorized the AT5 SE Update.

If that's correct, what gear (if any) should the 2021 GB25 AT5 Upgrade have added?

If it's not correct, what gear (if any) should the 2021 GB25 AT5 Upgrade have added?

I have already tried to figure all this out myself from the website AT comparison lists and tables, from ownership checkmarks in the software, and from posts in various forums/communities without success. Thanks.

Your AmpliTube 5 Upgrade would add the new gear from AmpliTube 5 (listed on the AmpliTube 5 page, like the Pink Taco etc). All of your existing gear would be upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 including the much-improved cabinets.

If you want to "complete the set" you'd want to pick up the collections that are in AmpliTube 5 MAX which aren't in AmpliTube 4 MAX (also listed on that page, without clicking the gear lists you can see it at in the main quick comparison).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Steve-xyz wrote:I am trying to sort out a number of things, including what specific AT5 gear I would have gotten as part of a purchase of the AT5 Upgrade during GB25 from previously having had (1a) AT4 MAX, (1b) Fender Collection 2, (1c) Amplitube SVX 2, and (1d) Fulltone Collection all from the post October 15th, 2020 TS2 MAX bundle and (2) the subsequent 2020 AT5 SE Upgrade.

Your AmpliTube 5 Upgrade would add the new gear from AmpliTube 5 (listed on the AmpliTube 5 page, like the Pink Taco etc). All of your existing gear would be upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 including the much-improved cabinets.

If you want to "complete the set" you'd want to pick up the collections that are in AmpliTube 5 MAX which aren't in AmpliTube 4 MAX (also listed on that page, without clicking the gear lists you can see it at in the main quick comparison).

Thanks for the reply. It seems I need to start all over and do massive comparisons which I was hoping to avoid. As I mentioned, I did that before but I can start from scratch and redo it.

Let me ask:

(1) When you refer to new gear "listed on the AmpliTube 5 page, like the Pink Taco etc," are you talking about what's listed in the Standard AT5 column in the comparison table on the AT5 product site? That's what I used before, but will double check it if we are on the same page. If that's not the right source to use for my comparison, please let me know where I should look.

(2) When you say, "All of your existing gear would be upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 including the much-improved cabinets," did the 2020 AT5 SE Upgrade do that already for my AT4 MAX gear and the three TS2 MAX AT Collections before the 2021 25GB AT5 selection?

Thanks.
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:24 am

Steve-xyz wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It seems I need to start all over and do massive comparisons which I was hoping to avoid. As I mentioned, I did that before but I can start from scratch and redo it.

Let me ask:

(1) When you refer to new gear "listed on the AmpliTube 5 page, like the Pink Taco etc," are you talking about what's listed in the Standard AT5 column in the comparison table on the AT5 product site? That's what I used before, but will double check it if we are on the same page. If that's not the right source to use for my comparison, please let me know where I should look.

(2) When you say, "All of your existing gear would be upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 including the much-improved cabinets," did the 2020 AT5 SE Upgrade do that already for my AT4 MAX gear and the three TS2 MAX AT Collections before the 2021 25GB AT5 selection?

Thanks.

You don't need to do a huge comparison specifically due to the information I posted. You can see the new gear in AmpliTube 5 listed on the AmpliTube 5 page. You can see the collections that were added to AmpliTube 5 MAX listed right on the page too.

Under "New Gear" it mentions 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, 2 new rooms, 23 new rack FX and when you click the "What's New" tab there's a New Gear heading and then:
STOMPS

Ampless (based on Tech 21 SansAmp)

VariDiode+ (based on MXR Distortion+ with interchangeable diodes)

AMPS & CABS

SilverPlate 50 (based on PRS Archon 50)

MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20)

New York B750 (based on Aguilar DB750) + NY410 (based on Aguilar DB410)

German 34 (based on - Bogner XTC 3534)

VHandcraft 4 (based on Diezel VH4)

RACKS

Black 76, White 2A, Plate Reverb, Hall Reverb, Inverse Reverb, Room Reverb, Shimmer Reverb, EQ 81, EQ PA, Saturator-X, Model 670, Vintage EQ-1A, EQ PG, Auto Pan, Tape Cassette, AM Modulator, FM Modulator, Filter Formant, Filter Phaser, Filter C, Filter M, Filter O, Filter R

ROOMS

Bathroom

Subway

On that main AmplITube 5 page, under AmpliTube 5 MAX it states:

Fender® Collection 1 & 2
AmpliTube SVX 1 & 2
AmpliTube Orange®
AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie®
AmpliTube Slash
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™
AmpliTube Brian May
Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
Fulltone® Collection
AmpliTube Leslie®

Upgrades previously purchased gear.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Thanks for the lists. They should be handy in figuring out what happened. As for just assuming I needed to get all of the gear in the AT5 MAX list because I was missing it all, that doesn't square with some of the notes I have from just looking at the artist collections.

Last month I did a massive comparison and with the artist collections (based on those notes) I found that I had none of the gear in one collection, all of the gear in two of the collections, and some percentage of the gear in the remaining artist collections.

Also, I already had many of the non-artist collections from the 2020 TS2MAX purchase.

So, if I hadn't done the first massive comparison and had relied on the collections lists as listed on the AT5 MAX page, I would not have known that I didn't need to use GB25 slots for those collections.

I do appreciate the lists you presented here. They will save me some time with Massive Comparison 2.0.

By the way, one thing I am still not sure about is: If I had known precisely what I had and didn't have before using multiple slots for several of the collections, would I have gotten some or all of the gear in those collections from the single AT5 Upgrade. If so, perhaps I might have needed to use fewer of the slots in the first place.
Steve-xyz

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling