Upgrade from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5

Postby profwacko » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Since I bought A4 on Oct 22, I wonder if there's an upgrade path to A5.
profwacko

Re: Upgrade from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Per the news you'll get AmpliTube 5 SE free: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5

The upgrade options are there too, and you can find the versions including links to gear included and a comparison chart on the AmpliTube 5 web page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby profwacko » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:51 pm

I couldn't find where I can get the upgrade for free.

The upgrade to the A5 Custom Shop is free, but it looks like they want $99 for A5.

Did I miss something?

It could happen...
profwacko

Postby profwacko » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:59 pm

Ok, my bad.

I found where it says I will automatically get a free upgrade to A5.

I'm guessing that since all that's available right now for A5 is pre-orders, my free upgrade won't happen until A5 actually lands here on earth.

Thanks for the update.

-Jack (in central Texas)
profwacko

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm

profwacko wrote:Ok, my bad.

I found where it says I will automatically get a free upgrade to A5.

I'm guessing that since all that's available right now for A5 is pre-orders, my free upgrade won't happen until A5 actually lands here on earth.

Thanks for the update.

-Jack (in central Texas)

AmpliTube 5 SE, just to be specific and so nobody else gets confused.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 pm

For those who haven't seen the chart, note that there is a chart that shows the different features and includes AmpliTube 5 CS (and AT4 CS for reference) on our web site. Full version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#version and screenshot (partial) below:

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrea.isoppo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:41 pm

What about the upgrade if I own Amplitube 4 MAX? Will I take Amplitube 5 SE and mantain my max gear?
andrea.isoppo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:52 pm

andrea.isoppo wrote:What about the upgrade if I own Amplitube 4 MAX? Will I take Amplitube 5 SE and mantain my max gear?

Yes, AmpliTube 5 SE will unlock and upgrade your current gear. You will not get the new gear from AmpliTube 5, though, and if you don't have the seven collections released since AmpliTube 4 MAX you won't have those.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrea.isoppo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Thank you Peter, but I've just read that the Amplitube 5 SE unlock is only valid for Amplitube 4 purchases made after 15 October 2020... I bought it years ago; so the only "promo" will be the crossgrade price?
andrea.isoppo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 pm

andrea.isoppo wrote:Thank you Peter, but I've just read that the Amplitube 5 SE unlock is only valid for Amplitube 4 purchases made after 15 October 2020... I bought it years ago; so the only "promo" will be the crossgrade price?

You would not get AmpliTube 5 SE free if you haven't purchased AmpliTube 4 after October 15th, 2020, correct. You would qualify for the upgrade/crossgrade pricing for AmpliTube 5, SE, or MAX as shown in the AmpliTube 5 news.

Sorry I didn't understand that you were implying you would get it free. The 99.99 or 149.99 (and the 299.99 MAX) upgrades are introductory upgrade/crossgrade prices and offer quite a lot of value for those prices.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SalvoM » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Pete,

My situation is the following.
I own AT4Max and all the "artist" releases minus Brian May and Satriani. (Bought before Oct)

I see that IK is currently running a promo exactly on these 2 releases that I have not.

Which path should I take if I want to get these 2 releases and then all my AT4 stuff upgraded to AT5 technology?

Am I correct assuming that if I buy these 2 releases now and the AT5 SE I would get the gears and technology like a new user would have with AT5Max?

Also in case I don't buy now these 2 releases, would AT5 SE bring my AT4 max to the AT5 technology (VIR, impulses per speakers 600, 3 Simultaneous cab, etc) minus the gears I haven't.

and to finish if I buy (ex: Brian May) next year and I already got AT5 SE, it would be updated with the new AT5 Technology, I guess. :?
SalvoM

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:13 pm

If I understand correctly, you are looking for
-- the Brian May and Satriani Collections,
-- the AT5 new gear models and features,

If you buy those 2 Collections (currently on sale in the Happy Holiday Sale, https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10088 and AT5 SE, then along with your existing AT4 MAX and the other 5 Collections, you would get close to the equivalent of AT5 MAX. But, for example, the (9?) new gear models, the 17 new Rack FX (derived from T-RackS 5) and the 2 new Rooms would not be included.

(All prices exclude VAT)
AmpliTube Joe Satriani - $/€99.99 $/€79.99
AmpliTube Brian May - $/€99.99 $/€69.99
AT5 SE - $/€99.99

Buying AT5 SE by itself will provide the functionality and features of AT5, but as you said you do not get all the gear.

While considering either purchase, please have a close look at the PDF Comparison Chart, halfway down this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/ and annotate it with all your current gear models.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:38 pm

And, if you had AT5 SE, and then bought AmpliTube Brian May, those gear models would use the AT5 technology.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby SalvoM » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi Darkstar,

Thanks for clarifying me this. I have T-Racks 5 Max as well (basically apart mixbox and Arc I have every IK software).

would my T-rack qualify to get those rackFX unlocked? (once AT5 comes out from my Custom Shop I can clearly see what steps I need to unlock the gears but now I'm interested to lock in the intro price.
SalvoM

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Nope, T_RackS licence ownership does not unlock the new FX in AT5. Nice try, though :)

If you want to get to the AT5 MAX level, then I reckon that you will need the 2 Collections and AT5 (upgrade, for 149.99 excluding VAT, introductory price).

--------------------------------
I do have a vague thought that that all the various products should have the same set of FX, based on T-RackS, but with two GUIs: the full T-Racks GUI and the compact GUI (as seen in AT5, MixBox, ST5 etc). That might make maintenance simpler too. And if it were a shared software file, would reduce the disk / memory space used too.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling