Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby jaroct74 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
neil.cummins1 wrote:Peter,does your reply mean definitively that anyone with existing AT4 Max plus any added collections can simply purchase a basic version of AT5 Max to enjoy the same and uninterrupted level of functionality as offered in AT4 Max plus all the new functionality in A5 Max as was the intended aim of the question?

Or do we still need to purchase A5 Max?

Regards
Neil Cummins
UK

What you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with the new features etc. However, if you are missing any gear that is included with AmpliTube 5 MAX (the seven collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX was released), that will still be unavailable. But again, the gear you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with all the features it includes for the $/€149.99 upgrade.

Hello everyone.
This is a good answer to thinking about how to upgrade. I didn't think about it that way and the price of € 149.99 strikes me as meaningful, although it is not a full-fledged MAX version. I have to say, when I saw the price of upgrade / crosgrade to AT5 Max for € 299.99, this discouraged me, as I had previously invested considerable funds in AT4 Max and other gear (and other IK products such as TRackS, ModoBass, ModoDrum, LMC ...) . I expected that when upgrading from AT4 Max to AT5 Max, IK will differentiate any product with a registered price above € 99.99 compared to upgrading from AT4 MAX and will provide a more significant benefit when upgrading to AT5 MAX.
jaroct74

Postby ikalamazoo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:19 pm

jaroct74 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
neil.cummins1 wrote:Peter,does your reply mean definitively that anyone with existing AT4 Max plus any added collections can simply purchase a basic version of AT5 Max to enjoy the same and uninterrupted level of functionality as offered in AT4 Max plus all the new functionality in A5 Max as was the intended aim of the question?

Or do we still need to purchase A5 Max?

Regards
Neil Cummins
UK

What you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with the new features etc. However, if you are missing any gear that is included with AmpliTube 5 MAX (the seven collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX was released), that will still be unavailable. But again, the gear you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with all the features it includes for the $/€149.99 upgrade.

Hello everyone.
This is a good answer to thinking about how to upgrade. I didn't think about it that way and the price of € 149.99 strikes me as meaningful, although it is not a full-fledged MAX version. I have to say, when I saw the price of upgrade / crosgrade to AT5 Max for € 299.99, this discouraged me, as I had previously invested considerable funds in AT4 Max and other gear (and other IK products such as TRackS, ModoBass, ModoDrum, LMC ...) . I expected that when upgrading from AT4 Max to AT5 Max, IK will differentiate any product with a registered price above € 99.99 compared to upgrading from AT4 MAX and will provide a more significant benefit when upgrading to AT5 MAX.

I feel the same. In addition, I feel that it's just 90% of the same software with a new GUI (old stuff with new clothes), it's still like to buy the same software again. Although the new GUI looks nice and the VIR seems to be nice as well, the price chosen to the users who bought AT4 MAX is too high.
ikalamazoo

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm

^^^
It is new (rewritten) software, with new features, some new gear models, recaptured cabinets, integrated FX, resizable GUI, upgraded legacy gear (a fresh new look, but optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp - speaker interaction )

And upgrading from AT4 MAX to AT5 MAX also provides 7 additional Gear Collections:
  • Fender® Collection 2
  • AmpliTube SVX 2
  • AmpliTube Brian May
  • Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
  • AmpliTube Joe Satriani
  • Fulltone® Collection
  • AmpliTube Leslie®

Now, if that is not worth the price then there is absolutely no need to buy it.

----------------------
Also, to make reading the forum posts easier there is no need to QUOTE a post if it just above your reply. I use ^^^ to indicate a direct reply (as I have done in the post).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ikalamazoo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:24 pm

ˆˆˆ
Sorry, I'll stop to quote because I never make it right. And thank you, I think then there is absolutely no need to buy it, as you've said.
ikalamazoo

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:25 pm

If you think AmpliTube 5 is merely cosmetic you're way off. That's a fact. I've heard it, then used it, and it is mind-blowingly better.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 4vientos » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:26 pm

I think cabinet/speaker tech is highly underestimated. Lacking knobs, flickering lights,
bouncing meters, and bright colors, speaker response is still the grail
that has driven music from the dawn of electric guitars, and IK's emphasis on this in
V5 is a keystone for future products. And the timing to create a true MAX, with all the
artist collections bundled, couldn't be better. 8-)
4vientos

Postby hermybear2002 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:58 am

I am going to add my 1 1/2 cents (the other 1/2 cent went to vote)… sorry USA humor :roll:

I sort of look at this as both necessary and needed. AT4 is old. There are other companies that have recently produced better sonics with their own upgraded software platforms (I really don't need to name them here, do I?). It's one thing to 'sell' a cosmetic upgrade; as one poster refers to same body/new clothes, but this is not a cosmetic upgrade.

If anyone out there is a gamer, think of it as your MMO Dev redesigning their game engine to be MORE OPTIMIZED, wait, that's never gonna happen cuz it costs time and lots of $$$.

In order to both compete in the now and position yourself for the 32bit future, you need to be proactive and dynamic. The fact that one of the AT5 upgrades includes an IR Sampling method not previously even conceived of BY ANY ONE ELSE in the market place, as well as a new sound engine, should speak volumes...

No, I have not used it yet, but the devil in the details tells me that this software is the best non-hardware platform (i.e. Axe FX / Kemper) available or the likes of Joe Satriani & Brian May (Guitar God and the Rocket Scientist vs. the World :lol: ) wouldn't have bothered.

Joe is the ultimate guitar guru. His sound is so 'him' that he would NEVER sully it on a software program...unless it sounded EXACTLY like his hardware on recording.

Brian is a rocket scientist. You think he would cheapen himself any more than Joe? These two guys are extremely unique. There sounds are very recognizable; like Santana or EVH or Jimmy Page. Believe me, neither needs the Cheddar $$$ to do this, so this was a labor of love and respect for the software. That alone sells me, but wait, there's more...

No other software out there has spent so much time capturing the IR's on their 100+ cabs, mics, speakers, rooms; 600 points in space, PER SPEAKER...times cabs, mics, rooms, the dishes...wait, sorry, that's my chore list...

Then there is the DIM; their new sound engine. This is the sound engine that talked Joe Satriani into his collection. And I am only assuming here, but they had to have started work on the upgrade with Brian's collection or they wouldn't be able to "wet/dry/wet" to his satisfaction. Maybe Peter or Darkstar can elaborate on this, but, for me, having these two real players, not gear samples...and I mean absolutely no dish to Slash or DB or Jimi, but Sach is Sach and not willing to compromise on anything...

Now, as for what you get...it pretty much says it in the new 'revised' advertisement that all your prior gear will be upgraded along with AT5. If you don't need anymore stuff or you are going to pick your part in the Custom Shop, get AT5 SE. If you want the new 'add on' amps/stomps/cabs etc., get AT5. If you want all the collections, get AT5 Max.

If you made any purchases in the past you probably have some Jam Points you can use to reduce your cost. I have most everything I need already, so I just upgraded to the SE program at $99 and used 29 JPs (30%). So I got the brand new everything except for a couple of collects I don't really need (yet), for $70.88 usd. And we all know that at some point IK will do a BOGO+ and I'll pick up the gear I don't have then.

Anyway, thanks for listening or tuning me out :lol: I, for one, am really looking forward to messing with the new stuffs and the new GUI.

Thank you IK.
hermybear2002

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Well said :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby stroonz58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Hey all,
I've been reading a lot of the posts here about the new Amplitube5 and it looks like a great upgrade from A4. I read the FAQ's and it says :

Do long-time or new AmpliTube 4 users get an option to upgrade to AmpliTube 5?
Yes. All IK users will receive free AmpliTube 5 CS (Custom Shop) version. This version allows you to load all of your existing gear in the new version. Do note, this includes a limited feature set, so for the complete AmpliTube 5 experience we do suggest expanding to AmpliTube 5 SE, AmpliTube 5, or AmpliTube MAX.

Any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.

For users who own all of the gear they want, but just want to get the new features, AmpliTube 5 SE or AmpliTube 5 are excellent introductions into the new world of tonal possibilities.

So if I spent $300 on Amplitube 4 MAX, I'd have to spend another $300 to get A5 MAX? That does not seem fair AT ALL!
stroonz58

Postby supanorton » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Try reading them again. If you're happy with the collections you have, upgrading to Amplitube 5 will give you ALL the new features.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:58 pm

stroonz58 wrote:So if I spent $300 on Amplitube 4 MAX, I'd have to spend another $300 to get A5 MAX? That does not seem fair AT ALL!

There is a lot more in the Upgrade. Please read my post above:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25757&start=90#p108968

That seems fair to me.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby obispojoe » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:16 pm

Here's my understanding of the various upgrade paths. I'm surprised there is so much confusion on this.

Amplitube 5 SE = all new Amplitube 5 features (but not new AT 5 only gear) + upgraded versions of all of the gear you currently have access to in AT4.

Amplitube 5 = above + the new AT5 only new gear models (that is new gear models not previously available at all)

Amplitune 5 MAX = above + additional gear collections Fender 1&2; SVX 1&2; Orange; Mesa; Slash; Jimi; Brian; Dimebag; Satch; Fulltone and Leslie.

Depending on what gear you already have access (and your budget) will dictate what is your best deal. For me, I have AT 4 MAX and all collections except Satch. So, AT 5 at $149 + Satch at $99 = $248 will get me to AT 5 MAX which is less than the $299 AT 5 MAX upgrade price. So, if I want to get to AT 5 MAX with my current investment, this is the most economical route. I also have Jam points that reduce the expense as well. On the other hand, personally, I do not need Satch right now - I can always buy it later, so I'm choosing to go with AT 5 for now and wait for a promotion.

There was some confusion as to what AT 5 CS would bring with regard to older gear, but that has been cleared up on the webpage now. It does unlock previously owned gear models.

You can compare all of the versions here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... tube-5-max

and select compare versions about halfway down page.
obispojoe

Postby stroonz58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Hey DarkStar,
Thanks for the info but aside from Dimebag Daryll and Joe Satriani's collection, I already purchased or have everything else. I know there is supposed to be a boost in tonal quality and a new interface but for the few extras, is it worth paying another full price of $299. Even with my $63 of Jam Points, $236+ shipping and/or tax is a lot for an upgrade.

I might pay $150 for a A5 MAX upgrade and use 30% of those points but full price is not at all making us loyal customers any more loyal or happy. It's software for heaven's sake. They give a lot of it away when you buy a package or certain hardware, the same should apply to an existing customer who's already shelled hundreds of dollars for a program destined to be obsolete or not supported in the near future.

I mean I know I don't have to buy it at all. But if enough people feel the same way as me, then IK will be the big loser.

Thanks.
stroonz58

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm

stroonz58 wrote:Hey DarkStar,
Thanks for the info but aside from Dimebag Daryll and Joe Satriani's collection, I already purchased or have everything else. I know there is supposed to be a boost in tonal quality and a new interface but for the few extras, is it worth paying another full price of $299. Even with my $63 of Jam Points, $236+ shipping and/or tax is a lot for an upgrade. I might pay $150 for a A5 MAX upgrade and use 30% of those points but full price is not at all making us loyal customers any more loyal or happy. It's software for heaven's sake. They give a lot of it away when you buy a package or certain hardware, the same should apply to an existing customer who's already shelled hundreds of dollars for a program destined to be obsolete or not supported in the near future. I mean I know I don't have to buy it at all. But if enough people feel the same way as me, then IK will be the big loser.
Thanks.

The problem is you still think you need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX for $299.99 but you don't. Multiple people have pointed out this is not the case if you have all or most of the gear listed.

All of the gear you have will run in AmpliTube 5 SE or 5. You will get all of the great new features (and there area a lot) with all of your current gear running with these new features and upgraded cabs, etc for as low as $99.99.

Please re-read some of the posts above, or take a look at the AmpliTube 5 web page and the charts available there. I hope this and the additional information you have access to on the IK site will clear this up for you.

If you want the two collections you don't have, you may be better off purchasing them separately later. But again - you have no requirement to upgrade to the $299.99 AmpliTube 5 MAX version.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:45 pm

supanorton wrote:Try reading them again. If you're happy with the collections you have, upgrading to Amplitube 5 will give you ALL the new features.

This is one of the posts I referenced above. Short, to the point, 100% correct.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling