Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby chipss36 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:31 pm

The deeper I go with at5...
The more and more I am liking it.

Well done ikmeadia...
So good!
chipss36

Postby Paul_R » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Castor42 wrote:And the Brian May BM30 amp isn't working like in AT4. There was a somewhat rigged extra interface for switching to the outer amps in the triple amp setup. You were able to regulate chorus and vibrato there, although there is no switch or button right now in AT5.

I noticed a change there also but it's all still there. They've put a separate chorus block before the 2 outer amps which are routed separately from the middle amp. You can adjust chorus/vibrato from that separate chorus block.

I absolutely LOVE the new routing!!! The AT4 routing was always confusing to my eye and one of the things that pushed me to other plugins for quite a while before I discovered that AT4 actually sounds better than most of my other plugins so I came back to AT4 despite not liking the routing. The AT5 routing is so intuitive, and encourages users to build great sounding presets easily and simply.
Paul_R

Postby livesforrap » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Paul_R wrote:I absolutely LOVE the new routing!!!

Absolutely a HUGE improvement.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby mostafaibrahi » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:55 pm

I have tried it today , the first impression was a blocking bug , Amplitube 5 is not taking any signal from the sound interface input2 , i am using Komplete Audio 1 interface with Asio with the latest Asio driver installed and it is working perfectly fine with Amplitube 4
mostafaibrahi

Postby squeezenor » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:08 pm

hey, everyone!

not sure if i'm imagining this so i thought i'd ask. on the jc120, i can't turn the chorus on, and with the dime 120, i can't turn it off. that knob won't move at all. weird quirk, but kinda funny.
squeezenor

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:18 pm

mostafaibrahi wrote:I have tried it today , the first impression was a blocking bug , Amplitube 5 is not taking any signal from the sound interface input2 , i am using Komplete Audio 1 interface with Asio with the latest Asio driver installed and it is working perfectly fine with Amplitube 4

That is a known bug and Support are working on it. Check the Announcement at the top of the forum - some users have found a temporary work-around.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mostafaibrahi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:43 pm

thanks for your reply !
mostafaibrahi

Postby lorne.white » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:41 pm

I also put in a question to IK on my Hendrix collection showing missing gear. The new AT5 presets appear to use some other amps that were not in the AT4 Hendrix collection. The AT5 is not as complete so you would have to import the old presets and tweak them for the new engine.

That is my current thinking. I hope IK can let me know what the migration path is for this collection.
lorne.white

Postby albrittonmcclain@aol.com » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:46 am

lorne.white wrote:I also put in a question to IK on my Hendrix collection showing missing gear. The new AT5 presets appear to use some other amps that were not in the AT4 Hendrix collection. The AT5 is not as complete so you would have to import the old presets and tweak them for the new engine.

That is my current thinking. I hope IK can let me know what the migration path is for this collection.

I also find this the case with both "Hendrix", and "Amplitube Metal" Collections in Amplitube 5 (Standard)... Although the warning points to "Fender 2" collection Amps as being missing, it seemingly actually loads similar "former version amps" albeit with different settings than Amplitube Max(4) from which I upgraded. Loving the upgrade... so far, these are the only bugs I've found.
albrittonmcclain@aol.com

Postby 650thunderbird » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:19 am

Hi all, is there any way of changing amps but keeping the same cab?
This back and forth is driving me nuts :? :cry: :roll:
650thunderbird

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:38 am

650thunderbird wrote:Hi all, is there any way of changing amps but keeping the same cab?

Hey 650thunderbird

On the cab page there's a chainlink icon next to the cab name. De-select that and the cab won't be linked to the amp.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby 650thunderbird » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 am

garfy wrote:
650thunderbird wrote:Hi all, is there any way of changing amps but keeping the same cab?

Hey 650thunderbird

On the cab page there's a chainlink icon next to the cab name. De-select that and the cab won't be linked to the amp.
Thanks a lot, garfy :D
650thunderbird

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:03 am

Do I hear any love for the MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20) amongst the new AT5 gear? I'm a big fan of "trad/vintage" British-style amps, and this thing will get that vibe as well as going screaming into the "modded/hot-rodded Plexi" thing, as well. I'm actually switching the gain structure (via that mysterious S-switch) back a notch from full-on and then smashing it with the Treble Booster from the Brian May collection to get some glorious Sabbathesque sounds through the Satch Green cab. Also, now that the EQ 81 is a bit fixed up in 5.0.1, you can use the hi-/low-pass filters in it -- but even just having it in the master portion of the chain and set completely flat seems to add some subtle saturation (as it should, really).

In short: very much digging AT5 now that I'm getting a bit more chance to play with it. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:33 pm

carlaz wrote:Do I hear any love for the MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20) amongst the new AT5 gear?

Pink taco is my go-to.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:23 pm

livesforrap wrote:
carlaz wrote:Do I hear any love for the MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20) amongst the new AT5 gear?

Pink taco is my go-to.

The second I read that part of @carlaz's post I knew it would be the bat signal for you. I do feel we really knocked it out of the park with this amp too. I'm also surprised that I tend to "get on" with the virtual PRS as I don't tend to really get the same vibe with their hardware. Honestly, I'm probably one of the very few people who don't covet their high-end guitars! The only PRS I've found to fit/sit well with me were their mid and even lower ranges. But that's another story, my guitar tastes and what I find myself feeling right in my hands is extremely diverse, and I'm frankly glad to not covet yet another expensive guitar even though I covet plenty of other expensive ones (or am lucky enough to possess some really special guitfiddles already).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling