Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby jessethompson56 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 pm

ejsheldon wrote:
jessethompson56 wrote:Is there a way to reset amp settings to the original settings out of the box? It seems the interface remembers and uses model settings when you add the model to a new setup. I think that is great. But I am still tinkering to get the tones I want and I would love to compare to the out of the box settings.

If you mean to A/B within a preset, I don't think so.

Best Practice is to never modify a factory preset. Copy it to a custom "My Presets" type folder. Then make another copy and mod that. That way you can easily switch between the original and modded presets.

I'm referring to the amp model settings rather than a specific preset. When I switch amps, the amp model retains my previous adjustments to that particular model.

For example, if I switch to a 65 Deluxe Reverb from an SL100, the Deluxe brings the adjustments with it that I have made previously.

I no longer know the original out of the box settings for the 65 Deluxe Reverb.
jessethompson56

Postby hermybear2002 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Thank you for your reply Peter. I pulled a ticket a little while ago. Seems that I am having some sort of Memory Access issue that might be a Mac problem vs. a IK issue. I am hoping your tech guru's can figure out / fix my problem as I am pretty invested in Reaper.

At least I have stand alone and it has already given me hours of pleasure...and I just got it yesterday LOL.

Seriously, to any who are still waffling on this upgrade...everything is way better (IMHO) than what was available in AT4. To be completely honest...I stopped using AT4 when Bias FX 2 came out. For what I need, Bias FX 2 had better sound quality and layout and could use any midi device in tandem or parallel. It also provided an excellent Pro Wah rack affect that I was able to get a great Jerry wah tone from. That being said, I haven't actually A/B'd AT5 vs. Bias FX2 cuz I don't need to. I can HEAR the increased sonic quality of the updated gear and those MARVELOUS, WONDERFUL, GODLIKE, NIRVANA producing IR's!!!

Ok, take a breath...I can go on & on about this, but I won't. You must get AT5 SE or better to get these sonic upgrades, but it is beyond worth it. The 600 IR's per speaker is like driving a Ferrari compared to a Plymouth (Do they still make those?).

...And no, I don't work for IKM, I just absolutely love what they did with this software. <3
hermybear2002

Postby ambrs57 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:29 pm

ejsheldon wrote:Anybody know where the Global MIDI Bypass settings for the effects went to? Are they only per preset now? And where's the MIDI Input indicator?

Having the same issue here.. The manual says that these settings exists, but I can't find them under global midi. I need to set global midi controls for stomp box slots. Someone please advise.

Amplitube 5 sounds amazing. Seriously. It's light years better than 4.
ambrs57

Postby acousticglue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:31 pm

I agree with Hermy and had purchased a Helix which sounds great and can be used no computer. BUT the new tones from A5 are the most outstanding as of yet. Some presets need a little cut here or there for DI, Output loudness or regular EQing for guitar but make no mistake this is the BEAST that folks have waited for. I dont care the price, its the guitar combo in the box we have waited for. (Well I do care the price) but its right on.
acousticglue

Postby Floodmusic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:06 am

Having purchased, downloaded and registered my Amplitube 5 Max am I entitled to a free app for iPad or iPhone or do I have to pay the £23 odd quid?
Floodmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:54 am

Floodmusic wrote:Having purchased, downloaded and registered my Amplitube 5 Max am I entitled to a free app for iPad or iPhone or do I have to pay the £23 odd quid?

iOS and desktop products are separate products sold on different stores, they do not share gear. Please see this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1344
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:55 am

ejsheldon wrote:Hey, Peter - does any of the feedback here ever make it to the engineers?
Just wondering.....

The official wishlist threads do. If you have issues with MIDI though I'd suggest reporting it directly to the team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as they can likely advise on these issues you bring up here. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:55 am

acousticglue wrote:I agree with Hermy and had purchased a Helix which sounds great and can be used no computer. BUT the new tones from A5 are the most outstanding as of yet. Some presets need a little cut here or there for DI, Output loudness or regular EQing for guitar but make no mistake this is the BEAST that folks have waited for. I dont care the price, its the guitar combo in the box we have waited for. (Well I do care the price) but its right on.

Thank you for the kind words. And everybody cares about the price, I'm finding. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Castor42 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:25 am

For lack of a better place to put it I got two bugs in AT5.

The rack module AutoPan seems to have a stuck pan indication light, for it's always in one position although the audio is actually panning.

And the Brian May BM30 amp isn't working like in AT4. There was a somewhat rigged extra interface for switching to the outer amps in the triple amp setup. You were able to regulate chorus and vibrato there, although there is no switch or button right now in AT5. So, you basically just got half the amp's options.

Apart from that, performance and sound are incredible for me!
Castor42

Postby Paul_R » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 am

Just upgraded from 4Max to 5. Very smooth install - all my collections are there and individual items I purchased from CS were easily refreshed. Had a quick run through and it sounds great and with great feel also.

I use midi often (2 foot controllers (Fractal MFC and an old Pod HD500) with my software so had a quick look there and see that you can indeed attach CCs to any effect in your preset via add/remove (not sure why others are stating midi is not there for rack/stomp fx - I see it there in control/control change/preset).

Also not sure about the concern regarding midi settings by preset - to me this makes the most sense as it allows CC commands to be attached to different Fx in different presets (ie - I may have a delay switch and want it to control different types of delays in different presets - defining by preset allows this). Ran it stand alone and inside Logic - worked nicely in both modes with no glitches at a buffer setting of 64 samples on my 2019 16" Mac Pro.

The UI looks fantastic though I found the print on some of the stomps and rack modules do not scale very well on my monitor (print is sometimes a bit blurry - I'll have to try other resolutions).

Great job IK!
Paul_R

Postby Ad_Astra » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am

Paul_R wrote:The UI looks fantastic though I found the print on some of the stomps and rack modules do not scale very well on my monitor (print is sometimes a bit blurry - I'll have to try other resolutions).

Yeah, I've got that too. Too blurry text.

1) Tooltips for mouse. Just hate it when you need to click an icon to see what's happening
2) Sharper text/numbers, please
3) When changing a value on something, the value box should go away much easier/faster. Put the EQ-PG in and move the slider and you can't go right away with one click to the slider above for that box stays there. You need two clicks.
4) Get rid of the Audio settings window that appears every single time when starting standalone.
5) When doing a stereo rig, theres no way to do delay between L/R?
6) The only host that opens Amplitube 5 up as plugin is Peavey ReValver 4

[mod edit - unnecessary]
Ad_Astra

Postby tubemarker » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:50 am

In new custom shop HiAmp is included in Lead amps. Previously it was in Crunch which is more suitable in my opinion. Was this transfer intentional? I was a bit worried at first because I didn't see that. I have bought this amp model. Luckily this wasn't another missing gear thing :?:
tubemarker

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Castor42 wrote:For lack of a better place to put it I got two bugs in AT5.

The rack module AutoPan seems to have a stuck pan indication light, for it's always in one position although the audio is actually panning.

And the Brian May BM30 amp isn't working like in AT4. There was a somewhat rigged extra interface for switching to the outer amps in the triple amp setup. You were able to regulate chorus and vibrato there, although there is no switch or button right now in AT5. So, you basically just got half the amp's options.

Apart from that, performance and sound are incredible for me!

Technical Support does not regularly scan these forums. The way to report bugs is to contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:37 pm

@ Ad_Astra,
Please add your suggestions to the Official AT5 Features wish-list, if they are not already there.

Otherwise they may just get lost in this thread.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:@ Ad_Astra,
Please add your suggestions to the Official AT5 Features wish-list, if they are not already there.

Otherwise they may just get lost in this thread.

Everybody should do so. Seeing a lot of feature requests here. They won't be seen by devs and will get lost in the rest of the thread.

Edit - mods have moved some FRs over to the Wishlist thread and cleaned up here.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling