Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby 650thunderbird » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:44 am

Works great, legacy amps have a new lease on life! :D :D :D
650thunderbird

Postby Richiez1970 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 pm

To the team at Ikmultimedia..... Thank you very much for this fine piece of software, it has been a breeze installing it on my macbook pro and windows 10 pc without a hitch. Wow the upgrade from 4 is definitely worth it and is by far the best guitar sim I have tried... The sounds are amazing the work flow is perfect and very intuitive and cant wait to get to know it better. :D :D
Richiez1970

Postby jjguitar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:24 pm

carlaz wrote:OK, now that I've finally had a chance to plug in and try to try things out ... I'm not getting any audio signal through to the standalone AT5 app. :o As far as I can tell, the audio settings I have are the same as for the AT4 standalone app, which still works fine, and oddly enough I get signal to instantiations of the AT5 plugin in my DAW (so, at least for the time being, I can mess around in there) .... but the AT5 standalone app is silent.

Yes, I have contacted Support, and yes, I have "tried turning the computer off and on again" :P but I thought I would at least ask if anyone here has had similar problems.

same issue here with Windows 10, 64 bit, 16GB RAM. At least I can use the plugin in Cubase.
I hope they can fix this soon.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby mangiedog » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Sorry to repeat this but last post is hopefully a screenshot of on the left my logged in page of upgrade prices (I own AmpliTube 4) and on the right is the non logged in prices. They are exactly the same, so I am getting no upgrade price at all, is this right?

/Users/swcornish/Desktop/Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.28.24.png
mangiedog

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:00 pm

The forum cannot access files on your own system.

Please see https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mangiedog » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:05 pm

mangiedog

Postby Albion » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Well after messing about with it today it has become responsive probably due to PC restart. There are still some minor bugs but I will try to fix them today if that doesn't work I will open a ticket.As for the sound well that is brilliant and different amps,cabs etc sound more realistic and smooth. I have just implemented the VST plugins in Reaper and everything is fine there which is a relief, and overall AT5 was well worth the money,but its just the minor bugs that need resolving.
Albion

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:17 pm

@ mangiedog

The Upgrade to AT5 is 149.99 and the Upgrade to AT5 MAX is 299.99.

On the non-logged-in product page, those prices are prefixed by "Starting from". Click on [Buy now] then on [Version] and you will see the difference. here is the one for AT5:

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vac713 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Amazing. Absolutely worth the wait. Congrats to all involved on delivering an exceptional product. I'm having oodles of fun. Thank you IKMM
vac713

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:13 pm

650thunderbird wrote:Works great, legacy amps have a new lease on life! :D :D :D

Yeah, I'm interested in going back to try some of the earlier "original Hendrix" and "Metal" era amps in their new forms to see how they're doing. Though the Brit S100 is a little long in the tooth, it's probably more than ever the closest thing to a stock Superlead/"Plexi" emulation, while the "Vintage Metal Lead" is still the closest thing to those "AC/DC-vibe" late-'70s #2203 master-volume JMP heads. (Otherwise, AmpliTube's main "based on Marshall" offerings basically jump straight over the '70s, from the late-'60s JTM 45/100 "JH Gold" and Major "Red Pig" to the early-'80s "Brit 8000"!)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm

carlaz wrote:I have to say that the new routing options in AT5 are great for bass players. You can now very easily to the "split-processing" thing.

So far, I'm sending a DI around the and and using the EG PG on it to carve off all the top and mids, and then smashing the remaining low end flat :mrgreen: with a White 2A. Then I also drop an EQ PG after the amp (any amp; guitar ... bass ... choose your flavor), and carving off all the lows (and most of the mids). Blend the smushed DI lows with the amp'd top to taste in the mixer, and finally put a Model 670 on the master (after the mixer), just catching the peaks to glue things together a little. 8-)

Yes and unless a mix engineer has access to the AmpliTube 5 plugin and your instantiation of it, they can't pull the "mute the bass amp (and that hi-hat mic)" trickery on you! :D

Just teasing. I'm prone to just mute 99.9% of the hi-hat mics I've encountered over my lifetime but bass amps blended with DI can be bliss.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes and unless a mix engineer has access to the AmpliTube 5 plugin and your instantiation of it, they can't pull the "mute the bass amp (and that hi-hat mic)" trickery on you! :D

:lol:
Peter_IK wrote:Just teasing. I'm prone to just mute 99.9% of the hi-hat mics I've encountered over my lifetime but bass amps blended with DI can be bliss.

"This is the way." ;)
Actually, even in commercial recordings, I often find the hi-hats are crazy loud. What's going on there? While I happily use the built-in "Drummer" feature in Logic for messing around or even in full-recordings, I am always turning down the hats in most any of the built-in kits.

I have occasionally got a perfectly useable bass tone out of just AT in a mix (mostly by accident, I think!), but more usually I've blended DI with some kind of distortion from one of the amp models (often a guitar amp model). I could kind of do something similar in AT4, but not so effectively. Of course, AT5 doesn't let me do everything I can do in a full DAW mixing situation, but it does let me get a lot closer. I would think this might be a real boon to anyone using AT for bass in a live situation, too.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm

^^^^
Not to explore a tangent too much here, but I agree about hi-hats being loud lately but I think it works (or at least is forgiveable) in modern/pop styles. Kick/hat/snare are important in pop and other styles for sure. But in rock and related genres, I'm a bit of a dinosaur in my tastes so I really don't like overbearing hats there.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 pm

...and speaking of AI drummers, people should try Jamstix with MODO DRUM for some really nice results. Neither I nor IK have affiliation with Jamstix, so this is just a personal recommendation that I thought of while reading @carlaz's post above.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

AXE I/O Bundle with Amplitube 5 Max issue

Postby Bscur1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi,
Has anyone who bought the AXE I/O and Amplitube 5 Max bundle been given access to the Max edition yet? I only have Amplitube 5 SE available despite registering the AXE I/O and contacting customer support (they told me to restore my purchases, but that didn't restore any Max gear). Hopefully, customer support will get back with a fix, but has anyone made the Max version work if you bought the bundle. I'm curious if it is an IK issue for many people, or something with my account. I'm sure it'll get worked out and I'll get what I pre-paid for eventually, but I am excited to get started.
Bscur1

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling