Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:50 am

The standalone thing is pretty common it seems. They contacted me fairly quickly but there is no fix that I'm aware of. It's a AT5 thing and seems to happen for others on mac or PC.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:53 am

livesforrap wrote:The standalone thing is pretty common it seems. They contacted me fairly quickly but there is no fix that I'm aware of. It's a AT5 thing and seems to happen for others on mac or PC.

Huh, interesting if it's a cross-platform issue! Ah, well. I am enjoying starting to have a play with things in the plugin version -- though my AU plugin doesn't seem to be resizeable (though of course the standalone app is). Is that true for other people using one kind of format of the plugin or another (or in one flavor of DAW or another?)? Anyone have a resizeable plugin version?
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Presenting...Friggin WOW!

Postby hermybear2002 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:00 am

First, I just want to thank you guys at IK. This update if friggin' AWESOME. I have spent years trying to simulate Jerry Garcia's modded BF Twin and 3 stack JBL E120's using digital plugins and though my playing style is close enough to emulate Jerry's sonic abilities, I have never been able to nail his Country low twang tones & his high trail off tones completely without some major EQ tweak stacks on both sides of the chain and I can only do this in my DAW and it still will never be perfect.

So the first thing I usually do with software is pull up a '65 Twin and see how close it is to a real 1965 Twin (my buddy has 2 of them; one completely original and one with the Jerry mods (military grade tubes, treble-jump, etc.). Even without a Jerry Garcia mod on the new IK Twin, I can, out or the box, get closer to his sound than at any time previously ON ANY SOFTWARE. I spent maybe 10 minutes farting around with EQ's on the OD/Dist, but I don't need to use them on the chain. The amp SOARS!

I am really f-n happy with this upgrade. In addition, I couldn't tell the difference between my buddy's original twin and the one you sampled. We were literally matching tones. I haven't even looked at any of the other amps LOL. Now, not everyone may feel this way, and my setup will not get everyone a Jerry sound; takes years of a pounding steady diet of Jerry solos just to get into his head, but I am closer than I have ever been and it's good enough for me!. Thank you IK MULTIMEDIA. You just made an otherwise miserable year into a winner for me!
hermybear2002

Re: Presenting...Friggin WOW!

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:13 am

hermybear2002 wrote:Even without a Jerry Garcia mod on the new IK Twin, I can, out or the box, get closer to his sound than at any time previously ON ANY SOFTWARE. I spent maybe 10 minutes farting around with EQ's on the OD/Dist, but I don't need to use them on the chain. The amp SOARS! ... Now, not everyone may feel this way, and my setup will not get everyone a Jerry sound; takes years of a pounding steady diet of Jerry solos just to get into his head, but I am closer than I have ever been and it's good enough for me!

I can't say that my playing is stylistically much like Jerry's :D but I agree that the '65 Twin (with Jerry-esque EQ settings) does a good job of starting to get one into the ballpark! Even with my LP! :lol: I find a clean boost in front of the amp also helps; sort of emulates the boost from the "Stratoblaster" preamp built into some of his '70s guitars.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:24 am

carlaz wrote:though my AU plugin doesn't seem to be resizeable

Oh, silly me! I was dragging the wrong bit of the plugin window. :oops: Really, it is resizeable. (Which is quite a relief, since some of the controls got very tiny otherwise! :D )
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby acousticglue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:26 am

Fender 1 never sounded this good and Deluxe Reverb finally is nice. The reverb tanks could use some dial back still but a truly fantastic job.
acousticglue

Postby danwilson5 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:56 am

Hi Guys,

Wanted to say thanks, AT5 was definitely worth the wait. I am looking forward to have more time to play with it.

DW
danwilson5

DAW (Reaper) crash - MAC

Postby hermybear2002 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:14 am

Using a 2012 Macbook Pro - pre retina. Running Catalina 10.15.7.

@Peter or DarkStar - This seems to be prevalent based on other user comments though I don't know which DAW's were being used. Can you check to see if this is now become a known issue before I pull a ticket? Everything is fine, for me, in stand alone...

So I attempted to pull up AT5 in Reaper. When I first booted up Reaper it took an extraordinarily long time scanning the VSTs but it did boot up. I then set up a track and tried pulling AT5 into the FX window, but I got the beach ball and then poof. Error message that reaper suddenly quit. I tried it with AU, VST & VST3. Each time Reaper crashed.

I then tried it on a free version of Ableton Live Lite 10 and it pulled up after a short delay. I was able to get sound, thought the midi is being a bit wonky; might just be me, I am a total noob on Ableton DAW's. I can set up a 'midi' track for use with my FCB1010 foot controller and drop AT5 into it so that I can control parameters (bypass, volume, pan, etc.) and I can set up a 'audio' track with AT5 (VST) and get the sounds from Twin preset I set up earlier, I just can't seem to 'wed' them so that I'm able to control the parameters while sound is live. But that's for another time and only if Reaper is not going to work.

So, I can use AT5 as a stand alone on my Mac. I can use AT5 as a plugin for Ableton Live Lite 10. I CANNOT pull it up using Reaper as my DAW.

I haven't tried to download to my desktop (PC) yet as I generally don't like using Windows machines for music unless it's my only choice.

@Carlaz - what DAW are you using?
hermybear2002

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:20 am

I have to say that the new routing options in AT5 are great for bass players. You can now very easily to the "split-processing" thing.

So far, I'm sending a DI around the and and using the EG PG on it to carve off all the top and mids, and then smashing the remaining low end flat :mrgreen: with a White 2A. Then I also drop an EQ PG after the amp (any amp; guitar ... bass ... choose your flavor), and carving off all the lows (and most of the mids). Blend the smushed DI lows with the amp'd top to taste in the mixer, and finally put a Model 670 on the master (after the mixer), just catching the peaks to glue things together a little. 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby sotsogm » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:00 am

So far, so happy. There's a lot I'm going to have to (re)learn here, but AT5 seems like it's going to be pretty great.

A lot to unpack here.

Thanks, guys!
sotsogm

Postby ejsheldon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:06 am

carlaz wrote:OK, now that I've finally had a chance to plug in and try to try things out ... I'm not getting any audio signal through to the standalone AT5 app. :o As far as I can tell, the audio settings I have are the same as for the AT4 standalone app, which still works fine, and oddly enough I get signal to instantiations of the AT5 plugin in my DAW (so, at least for the time being, I can mess around in there) .... but the AT5 standalone app is silent.

Yes, I have contacted Support, and yes, I have "tried turning the computer off and on again" :P but I thought I would at least ask if anyone here has had similar problems.

I'm on a Mac with Mojave (10.14) and my interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, but I don't really think it's a system or interface problem since AT4 works fine and the AU plugin AT5 works fine; it's just the AT5 standalone app. It might be just something simple that I've missed somewhere .... Anyway ideas, forum folk?

Same here. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, two systems, i5/8gb, and an i7/16gb. On the i5 machine the VST crashes out of both Reaper 6 and LIVE 10. HX Stomp for AI on the i5. The i7 works with my Scarlett 18i20, but with Helix Floor as AI I can only use Inputs 1/2. Any other inputs, no sound. As with you, AT4 works fine all around, i5, i7,VSTs on all DAWs, AT4 is good.

I've also opened a ticket with support. Come back if you get a solution, I will also.
ejsheldon

Postby DigiHrro » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:56 am

Hello! I just installed Amplitube 5 and the New Custom Shop. Even though it said it will restore previously purchased gear, I wasn't able to restore my free Orange Tiny Terror amp, but my free Amplitube Metal was able to restore. Is there a problem?
DigiHrro

Postby Castor42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:46 am

Guys, you really did a fantastic job with AT5, love it! :D

The new interface is great, although some labels on equipment are rather small and hard to decipher. And I can't find the settings for chorus and tremolo on Brian May's AC30 anymore. Those were on the left and right amp in the triple setup, but there seems to be no interface button to switch to those at the moment. It crashed once yesterday but was stable for two consecutive hours, and I had crashes with other software before of course.

The sound is superb though! I have no clue what secret ingredient you added (is it really just impedance?) but the euqipment sounds better, even more dynamic and even your "own" amp models are much more unique now. I thought loosing the ability to switch power amp tubes was a loss but the amps are really distinctive now. Lost myself in playing the custom fuzz for half an hour. And I got the impression that overdrive amp interaction is even better as well. I used to use Helix overdrives to push AT4 cause it sounded better in my opinion but no need for that anymore. And getting to Helix, they added a "Diezel" in their latest update but hell, yours blew me out of my seat! So much better and authentic in tone and compression character :o :D
Thank you for this impressive software!
Castor42

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:05 am

DigiHrro wrote:I wasn't able to restore my free Orange Tiny Terror amp, but my free Amplitube Metal was able to restore. Is there a problem?

Some users are experiencing different issues after installation. It is always advised that you should contact Official Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for some one-to-one help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ktofe » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 am

ejsheldon wrote:
Same here. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, two systems, i5/8gb, and an i7/16gb. On the i5 machine the VST crashes out of both Reaper 6 and LIVE 10. HX Stomp for AI on the i5. The i7 works with my Scarlett 18i20, but with Helix Floor as AI I can only use Inputs 1/2. Any other inputs, no sound. As with you, AT4 works fine all around, i5, i7,VSTs on all DAWs, AT4 is good.

I've also opened a ticket with support. Come back if you get a solution, I will also.

Same for me :
- Win 10 last update, 8G Ram, U22 soundcard
- in standalone no input sound with AT5, ok for AT4
- with VST3 / Cubase 11 opens a windows with a black screen, ok with AT4

Ticket opened !
ktofe

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling