Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:27 pm

moritzinho wrote:
Albion wrote:I have just downloaded and installed Amplitube 5 restarted my PC clicked on the Amplitube 5 icon in my start menu and I get the following error....The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
What is going on here?

Just download and install the Visual C++ 2015 Library, that fixed the problem for me:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Cheers!

That may be fine, but proceed at your own risk.

It is best to check with Technical Support. That way, they will know that there is a problem to be resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Albion » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:30 pm

It is now installed but once again your download and install procedure is as bad as Amplitube 4 as it installs Custom Shop at the same time as Amplitube 5 the asks you to restart after CS has been installed even though Amplitube 5 has not yet finished which is poor.
I have also noticed that the vast majority of my gear is locked even after I have restored it via CS........Solution?
Albion

Postby shmihe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Albion wrote:It is now installed but once again your download and install procedure is as bad as Amplitube 4 as it installs Custom Shop at the same time as Amplitube 5 the asks you to restart after CS has been installed even though Amplitube 5 has not yet finished which is poor.
I have also noticed that the vast majority of my gear is locked even after I have restored it via CS........Solution?

I agree with this, overlapping installs before one is done...

If you immediately click to reboot, you can get a message that something is still running/close/save work etc. This is where things can get messed up.
shmihe

Postby carlaz » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:50 pm

cmonnier wrote:macOS/Apple:
Mac HD -> Library -> Documentation ->IK Multimedia -> Product Name
But no help menu on MAC stand alone app, and the referenced folder does not exist on my system :(
what is the name of the pdf file? I can search for it

The "Mac HD -> Library" folder is often hidden by default on Macs, so you may need to reconfigure so it is visible, but you can also Google info on how to navigate to it even if it isn't visible. (Also, don't confuse it with your "[username] -> Library" folder!)

On a Mac, at least, the relevant files are named "AmpliTube 5 User Manual.pdf" and "AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop Gear Models.pdf" (probably the same on Windows?).

It took me a some scrounging around and tips from people here to find them :oops: but I did find them! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby martinl.bertrand » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:04 am

Sorry for posting this again but I did not see any other place to get support.
No place to send email either or I missed it. My problem is I installed standalone version to try it out and when I click to run it does nothing. No error message and not in task manager either.
The IK Product Manager tells me its installed and authorized
martinl.bertrand

Postby puneettaneja » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:29 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Charlizard wrote:I have tried re-installing the amplitube 5 and custom shop, and restoring my purchases.
Sadly, I still cannot access most of the gear...

Is there an authorization method needed that I'm missing?

You can deauthorize then authorize and also have the option to copy your serial and click Register Product to see if that works if the other methods do not.

Tried all of the above. Everything except Fender 2 is authorized for me. I cannot get that to unlock. It was part of my Total Studio Max 2.
puneettaneja

Postby acousticglue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:06 am

Just using default setting, going amp to amp with minor eq adjustments or gain, running through 80s console plugin and Phoenixverb to Tonebooster Barricade this is a crowning achievement of tone in the box
acousticglue

Postby kptools » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am

Had trouble installing on my iMac but a restart fixed it. So far, loving it. Sounds great!
kptools

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:33 am

martinl.bertrand wrote:Sorry for posting this again but I did not see any other place to get support.
No place to send email either or I missed it. My problem is I installed standalone version to try it out and when I click to run it does nothing. No error message and not in task manager either.
The IK Product Manager tells me its installed and authorized

You can get official IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support There you can search the FAQ and if you don't find your answer there, you'll see a button to open a ticket with the team under the results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:34 am

puneettaneja wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
Charlizard wrote:I have tried re-installing the amplitube 5 and custom shop, and restoring my purchases.
Sadly, I still cannot access most of the gear...

Is there an authorization method needed that I'm missing?

You can deauthorize then authorize and also have the option to copy your serial and click Register Product to see if that works if the other methods do not.

Tried all of the above. Everything except Fender 2 is authorized for me. I cannot get that to unlock. It was part of my Total Studio Max 2.

Then you will need to seek official and direct IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support I'm sure they can help you figure it out.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

AT5 and Ableton Live (Windows)

Postby 1scramblethis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 am

Found a couple of bugs with AT5 5.0:

- It doesn't load when using multiple screens. I does when using my laptop alone (MS Surface 4, Intel i5, 8Gb RAM). After reconnecting the screens, AT5 crashes.
- When trying to use AT5 in VST mode with Ableton Live 10, the DAW crashes.
1scramblethis

Re: AT5 and Ableton Live (Windows)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:23 am

1scramblethis wrote:Found a couple of bugs with AT5 5.0:

- It doesn't load when using multiple screens. I does when using my laptop alone (MS Surface 4, Intel i5, 8Gb RAM). After reconnecting the screens, AT5 crashes.

If you believe you've encountered global bugs, or are having issues on your system, please report them to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be addressed accordingly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spicemix » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:28 am

My only other suggestion before I log out until the next major release is...a nice sweetener for buying the more expensive desktop models is if they were also available on iOS for no additional charge. Having to buy access to them twice is a bit of a downer, and under Apple Silicon it should all be the same code at this point.

You're at no obligation to offer this, and I'm under no obligation to buy it. Ciao!
spicemix

Re: AT5 and Ableton Live (Windows)

Postby 1scramblethis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:40 am

Peter_IK wrote:
1scramblethis wrote:Found a couple of bugs with AT5 5.0:

If you believe you've encountered global bugs, or are having issues on your system, please report them to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be addressed accordingly. Thank you.

Thank you, Peter - Solved #1 issue out by increasing laptop screen resolution to its maximum; now I can move the standalone AT5 from screen to screen. I have reported #2 issue to IK Support.
1scramblethis

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:42 am

OK, now that I've finally had a chance to plug in and try to try things out ... I'm not getting any audio signal through to the standalone AT5 app. :o As far as I can tell, the audio settings I have are the same as for the AT4 standalone app, which still works fine, and oddly enough I get signal to instantiations of the AT5 plugin in my DAW (so, at least for the time being, I can mess around in there) .... but the AT5 standalone app is silent.

Yes, I have contacted Support, and yes, I have "tried turning the computer off and on again" :P but I thought I would at least ask if anyone here has had similar problems.

I'm on a Mac with Mojave (10.14) and my interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, but I don't really think it's a system or interface problem since AT4 works fine and the AU plugin AT5 works fine; it's just the AT5 standalone app. It might be just something simple that I've missed somewhere .... Anyway ideas, forum folk?
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling