Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby deeaa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 am

That just isn't true.

I'm literally looking at two screens here; without logging in, I see the sale price for Amplitube 5 as 149,99 exl VAT making it 185,99 including VAT.

Next window, I've logged in, and in my shopping basket there's an upgrade from Amplitube 4, and it's exactly the same 149,99 plus VAT = 185,99.

True though that I can use Jam Points to slightly knock it down, but the upgrade price still is exactly the same as regular sale price is.
deeaa

Postby deeaa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:08 am

Actually now that I try to put the SE version into the basket, when logged the price becomes 123.99€ with VAT and as a new customer it's 121.99 :-)
deeaa

Postby obispojoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:26 am

Well something is working differently for you than me. When I add AT 5 and click pre-order and I am not logged in, I see the words: "Click here or log-in to see if you qualify for a discounted version". The undiscounted version is $199 and if I do the same when logged in, the price drops to $149. I'd post a screenshot, but I don't see how to do it.
obispojoe

Postby Paul_R » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:34 am

I understood that, other than jam points, the deal for existing AT4Max users is that we don't need to repurchase Max @ $299 - we can purchase AT5 @ $149 and retain all the Max stuff we had from AT4Max upgraded to 5.

Logged out I see the same AT5 price as logged in - 149$ (special price down from $199).
Paul_R

Postby deeaa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:36 am

Maybe it's regional, then...for me the price for everyone is that 149€ for SE. Can't get lower than that except using JamPoints.

The BEST way to give perks to existing customers would really be the possibility to use the JamPoints for a larger discount than 30% off. It doesn't really help much even if you had hundreds in JamPoints - can you actually even ever get rid of them really, as they just keep increasing with every purchase? :-)

Maybe I'll just be content with the free version. Buy Plini instead. It's the same price...and it might be better to have two amp sims then, rather than one upgraded.

Hm. Something to think about tonight.
deeaa

Postby obispojoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:52 am

From what I see, the everyone pre-order price for AT 5 SE is $149 and the pre-order everyone price for AT 5 is $199. You get $50 off of each if you have a qualifying product to $99 for AT 5 SE and $149 for AT 5.

For AT 5 MAX the everyone pre-order price is $399 and if you have a qualifying product the price drops to $299. Whether it is cost effective to upgrade to AT 5 MAX from AT 4 MAX depends on how many of the extra collections (Satch, DimeBag, Brian May, etc.) you may already own. Since I own AT 4 MAX and all collections except Satch, the most cost effective upgrade for me was to AT 5 regular because I wanted the new AT 5 only gear in addition to all of the upgrades to my existing gear as well as the new AT 5 only features.
obispojoe

Postby deeaa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:02 am

I'm confused now, I managed to knock it down to 86€ including VAT for SE now.

That's not that bad any more...but is it still worth it? Hmm. Tough decision. Maybe I'll hold on for a few days and actually try the demo. If the overdiven sounds are now more usable with less noise and no need for several noise gates to handle them, it might well be worth the upgrade.
deeaa

Postby bhcmusicgroup » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:19 am

I don't like this company anymore. Unsettling vibes and interactions over the past couple of years. I predict that I will be asked for specifics and then once those specifics are aired out, I will be told and made to feel that i overlooked the thing that is written clearly on whatever product I have my issues with?? Meanwhile the interaction will wind down leaving me still without any of the issues being directly addressed but a lot of "Those issues are already addressed on that page, and you should be excited about getting such a great deal on such greatness, it is just so great here, unlike your inability to take responsibility for not reading through all documentation concerning our products...la ta di, la ti da!"

I mean wow, I spend hundreds a year with a handful of audio production software and hardware companies and none of them claim to be so great that i, the customer, should feel grateful for their existence! I have fundamental issues from the start, especially with how much garbage installation managers, authorizers, shops and custom shops and ..... :? ...im exhausted and i've stuck around for my 15 yr love affair with T-Racks and SVX bass rigs, but sometimes when fundamental issues breakdown within any relationship, the only solution is to just move on.
bhcmusicgroup

Postby zapata71 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:40 am

deeaa wrote:I think it's pretty sad there's not even a slight reduction of price for existing users.

It's 149;- no matter if you own amp 4 already, or buy new.

I've bought every Amplitube since 2, and it's never been cheaper to update than to buy all new.

I suppose the only option is to get the 99€ version and be limited in amp quantity...well I have the metal and Hendrix and Fender packs so it's not that terrible...but still...would it kill the company to at least knock at least a bit, like even 10-20% off the price for existing users, if nothing but a goodwill gesture?

I think you got distracted. For those who already have AT4, the price (standard version) is 1/4 less. In addition, many (like me) were also able to use jam points (a discount of up to 30%).
zapata71

Postby ga109uk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:47 pm

I have ordered it ages ago and I am checking daily for when it will be available to download. Any update on the actual release date yet?

Thank you in advance for the reply!
ga109uk

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:09 pm

^^^
It is still planned for tomorrow.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Paul_R wrote:I understood that, other than jam points, the deal for existing AT4Max users is that we don't need to repurchase Max @ $299 - we can purchase AT5 @ $149 and retain all the Max stuff we had from AT4Max upgraded to 5.

Logged out I see the same AT5 price as logged in - 149$ (special price down from $199).

Correct :) And, with AT5, you get the new gear models and the TR5-derived FX.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:37 pm

@ deeaa

Hmm, where to start?

As others had pointed out:

1 Existing users do get an upgrade discount on AT5 and AT5 MAX.
2 No-one gets an upgrade discount on the (entry-level) AT5 SE.
3 JamPoints can be used for any purchase of an AT5 edition.
4 All your existing gear will be available in any AT5 edition, even the free AT5 CS.
5 The introductory AT5 upgrade price is 149.99; the introductory AT5 price is 199.99 (all prices exclude VAT - the Government gets that, not IK Multimedia). When logged out of the
IK Multimedia site you can see both:
When logged in, you will see the prices appropriate to you (based on your current IK Multimedia licences)
6 The introductory price for AT5 SE is 99.99 for everyone
7 The introductory prices will run until 31 December. The List prices will then increase to the regular prices (as will the Upgrade prices, I guess).
8 When JamPoints were introduced, they could be used for up yo 50% of the product price, but not for introductory or sale prices (maybe not even for upgrades, I cannot remember). Many users wished to use their JamPoints during sales, and IK Multimedia changed the scheme to be up to 30% of any price.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:42 pm

obispojoe wrote:From what I see, the everyone pre-order price for AT 5 SE is $149 and the pre-order everyone price for AT 5 is $199. You get $50 off of each if you have a qualifying product to $99 for AT 5 SE and $149 for AT 5.

For AT 5 MAX the everyone pre-order price is $399 and if you have a qualifying product the price drops to $299.

Whether it is cost effective to upgrade to AT 5 MAX from AT 4 MAX depends on how many of the extra collections (Satch, DimeBag, Brian May, etc.) you may already own. Since I own AT 4 MAX and all collections except Satch, the most cost effective upgrade for me was to AT 5 regular because I wanted the new AT 5 only gear in addition to all of the upgrades to my existing gear as well as the new AT 5 only features.

Not quite. The introductory price of 99.99 for AT5 SE is the same for everyone. After 31 December (when the Introductory prices expire), the regular price of 149.99 will apply
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:49 pm

bhcmusicgroup wrote:I don't like this company anymore. Unsettling vibes and interactions over the past couple of years. I predict that I will be asked for specifics and then once those specifics are aired out, I will be told and made to feel that i overlooked the thing that is written clearly on whatever product I have my issues with?? Meanwhile the interaction will wind down leaving me still without any of the issues being directly addressed but a lot of "Those issues are already addressed on that page, and you should be excited about getting such a great deal on such greatness, it is just so great here, unlike your inability to take responsibility for not reading through all documentation concerning our products...la ta di, la ti da!"

I mean wow, I spend hundreds a year with a handful of audio production software and hardware companies and none of them claim to be so great that i, the customer, should feel grateful for their existence! I have fundamental issues from the start, especially with how much garbage installation managers, authorizers, shops and custom shops and ..... :? ...im exhausted and i've stuck around for my 15 yr love affair with T-Racks and SVX bass rigs, but sometimes when fundamental issues breakdown within any relationship, the only solution is to just move on.

Hmm, if you have a quick look through this thread you will see that we have tried to answer users' queries and clarify things.

You are right about one thing. We do ask for specifics - every user is different. Without any details of your specific issues regarding AT5, we would only be guessing and could take you down the wrong or irrelevant path.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling