Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby supanorton » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We are now whispering (in a non-scary way) December 15... December 15... as that is what the team has told me is the release date they are shooting for now!

I used to work with a guy who said, "There's nothing good about a Tuesday." I'm really hoping that IK can prove him wrong!
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:02 pm

I have to ask, to avoid any disappointment (and so I do not have to deal with rants :)):

Is that December 15th, US, UK or Italian time? And is it expected to be released at the start or the end of the working day? Or just sometime that day?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:48 pm

DarkStar wrote:I have to ask, to avoid any disappointment (and so I do not have to deal with rants :)):

Is that December 15th, US, UK or Italian time? And is it expected to be released at the start or the end of the working day? Or just sometime that day?

Some time that day. But typically we'll announce at a time where both US and Italian offices are overlapping. Typically nearer to start of business day in the US and end of day Italian time. But this is a huge release so please be patient.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zapata71 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi, Amplitube 5 looks really cool to me, and I can't wait to have it on my Mac.
I have a question to ask, which perhaps has already been answered, but I haven't seen it in the comments: Will Amplitube 5 also load Amplitube 4 presets? Will there be an automatic loading, with the conversion of the preset, even those of the "Legacy" models? Or not?
zapata71

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:51 pm

zapata71 wrote:Hi, Amplitube 5 looks really cool to me, and I can't wait to have it on my Mac.
I have a question to ask, which perhaps has already been answered, but I haven't seen it in the comments: Will Amplitube 5 also load Amplitube 4 presets? Will there be an automatic loading, with the conversion of the preset, even those of the "Legacy" models? Or not?

The AmpliTube 4 presets will work, you'll need to import/convert them due to the major changes in AmpliTube 5.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby william11375 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:59 pm

In At 4 I made presets for my gretsch, fender, guild, epiphone, 12 string electric, acoustic, lap steel guitars. I was wondering if I would be able to switch them over to AT5. I would think they would sound different if they 'upgraded' all the amps. If I could switch them over to AT5 I could tweak them instead of starting from scratch. I have over 150 presets I made and that would take awhile, even though it may be fun. I have a lot of time on my hand since I am retired so I am really just curious on how IK will handle save presets. So someone tell me 'Watts the Story'!
william11375

Postby obispojoe » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:10 pm

In AT4 there was an option to Import Legacy Presets. I am sure the same functionality will exist in AT5. The question really is whether this can be done as a batch (instead of one at a time) for those of us with a lot of presets.
obispojoe

Postby zapata71 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:17 pm

william11375 wrote:In At 4 I made presets for my gretsch, fender, guild, epiphone, 12 string electric, acoustic, lap steel guitars. I was wondering if I would be able to switch them over to AT5. I would think they would sound different if they 'upgraded' all the amps. If I could switch them over to AT5 I could tweak them instead of starting from scratch. I have over 150 presets I made and that would take awhile, even though it may be fun. I have a lot of time on my hand since I am retired so I am really just curious on how IK will handle save presets. So someone tell me 'Watts the Story'!

Personally I don't think it's a problem that the presets sound slightly different on AT5. It is clear that if you have the possibility of a new cabinet system, with the interaction between the speakers, you want them to sound different.
And surely some minor adjustments will have to be made.
If I want the presets to sound the same I can use them with AT4.
AT5 is another program, in a Live session, or another DAW, you can use both (AT4 and AT5) on different channels.
I'm only interested in if can load the presets from AT4, because getting back to make them one by one is more problematic for me...
zapata71

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:20 am

Damagical wrote:I can hear AmpliTube 5 whispering "release me..release me"

(Wispering) Jingle Bells... Jingle bells... It's coming this 15th...
Oh what fun with Amplitube 5,,, And jamming all the day !!! Hey !!!...

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

Oh, there really is a Santa!!!
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby knelt » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 am

Still didn't get an answer to my question. Will there be any way of bypassing the preamp and patching directly to the power amp?
knelt

Postby carlaz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:14 am

I'm not privy to any special knowledge about AT5, but I would doubt there would be a way to bypass the preamp portion of a model and patch directly into the power amp portion of a model. This was a functionality that IKM introduced waaay back in the AT2/Metal era, but it went away thereafter in new models (though it remains in legacy models from the AT2/Metal era included in AT3/4). However, my understanding is that even that legacy behavior is going away from AT2/Metal-era models updated (somehow) for AT5. So: that's my guess, anyway.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:25 am

knelt wrote:Still didn't get an answer to my question. Will there be any way of bypassing the preamp and patching directly to the power amp?

The "flexi" amps are legacy from long ago so no, you will not be able to bypass a part of a single amp.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Paul_R » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We are now whispering (in a non-scary way) December 15... December 15... as that is what the team has told me is the release date they are shooting for now!

Will the special AT5 upgrade pricing contimue after the release date?
Paul_R

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Spemph wrote:Was there any mention of how long the pre-sale pricing would continue?

The introductory pricing will be valid through December 31, 2020.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25753&p=109305#p109305
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby idflyfish » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Do we need to order pizza for the product development teams to ensure they have what they need to make a Dec 15th release happen?
idflyfish

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling