Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby erwinew » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:43 pm

I've purchased Amplitube 4 MAX + SVX2 earlier this year and see a great value in the new version. However, I would like to test it before making a decision which of the three upgrade versions would be suitable for me. I can't make a decision even when looking at the comparison table in the PDF.

Would it be possible to test/demo Amplitube 5 MAX when it has been released? (Assuming before the end of this year)

Currently, there is a "pre-order" with special upgrade prices available. I appreciate if there will be still an upgrade offer available when Amplitube 5 has been released.
erwinew

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 pm

I do not know about a demo of AT5 MAX itself.

You may be able to Try individual gear models in AT5 CS in the timescale, but as you may have seen in the Comparison Chart, AT5 CS does not have all the features / gear of the other AT5 editions.

As you have AT4 MAX, if you do not want the 7 newer Gear Collections, then AT5 SE might be enough for you, I think. on the other hand, upgrading from AT4 MAX to AT5 MAX also provides the new FX based on T-RackS and 7 additional Gear Collections:
  • Fender® Collection 2
  • AmpliTube SVX 2
  • AmpliTube Brian May
  • Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection
  • AmpliTube Joe Satriani
  • Fulltone® Collection
  • AmpliTube Leslie®

What, exactly, are you uncertain about and wish to demo?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby erwinew » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks for your fast reply, DarkStar.

> What, exactly, are you uncertain about and wish to demo?

I'd like to demo the AT5 application first and check if this release is stable and works with my hardware. I think AT5 CS is probably the anwser. My last software purchase resulted in a blue screen of death and spent hours to fix it, then you need support... I've no experiences with IK Multimedia support. Now I'm more careful with major release updates and would like to test before buy. For this reason, I'll skip the "pre-order" offer, but risk an increased price. Hopefully that will not be the case.

> As you have AT4 MAX, if you do not want the 7 newer Gear Collections, then AT5 SE would be enough for you, I think.

AT4 MAX -> AT5 SE (Pre-order €121.99 incl. VAT)
I had this in mind as well. With the SE version all of my gear will be unlocked, including my SVX 2.

AT4 MAX -> AT5 (standard) (Pre-order €181.49 incl. VAT)
I can't find a difference AT4 MAX - AT5 in the table. What is a good reason to buy this version compared with SE?

AT4 MAX -> AT5 MAX (Pre-order €362.99 incl. VAT)
I've purchased AmpliTube SVX 2 recently for normal price. It feels like I'm paying twice for this upgrade with 6 additional Gear Collections.

My feedback for IK Multimedia (including @Peter_IK):
    - I miss AT4 MAX in the comparison table. This makes it more difficult to find the right upgrade version. DarkStar's explanation looks like correct and is not clear from that table.
    - No idea where the marketing term SE stands for. Super Excited? :D
    - Release date is still vague

Thanks!
erwinew

Postby Damagical » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Hurry up and release!
Damagical

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 pm

erwinew wrote:Thanks for your fast reply, DarkStar.

> What, exactly, are you uncertain about and wish to demo?

I'd like to demo the AT5 application first and check if this release is stable and works with my hardware. I think AT5 CS is probably the anwser. My last software purchase resulted in a blue screen of death and spent hours to fix it, then you need support... I've no experiences with IK Multimedia support. Now I'm more careful with major release updates and would like to test before buy. For this reason, I'll skip the "pre-order" offer, but risk an increased price. Hopefully that will not be the case.

> As you have AT4 MAX, if you do not want the 7 newer Gear Collections, then AT5 SE would be enough for you, I think.

AT4 MAX -> AT5 SE (Pre-order €121.99 incl. VAT)
I had this in mind as well. With the SE version all of my gear will be unlocked, including my SVX 2.

AT4 MAX -> AT5 (standard) (Pre-order €181.49 incl. VAT)
I can't find a difference AT4 MAX - AT5 in the table. What is a good reason to buy this version compared with SE?

You'll get the new gear in AmpliTube 5 which sounds amazing. Check out this video for many examples of the new gear:
https://youtu.be/MIyxYEavCSg

AT4 MAX -> AT5 MAX (Pre-order €362.99 incl. VAT)
I've purchased AmpliTube SVX 2 recently for normal price. It feels like I'm paying twice for this upgrade with 6 additional Gear Collections.

If you don't have those collections you're getting over $600 worth of collections for a fraction of that cost. Plus all of the great features, new gear, and updates that come with AmpliTube 5. That is objectively nowhere near "paying twice" for anything.

My feedback for IK Multimedia (including @Peter_IK):
    - I miss AT4 MAX in the comparison table. This makes it more difficult to find the right upgrade version. DarkStar's explanation looks like correct and is not clear from that table.

Thanks!

Sure, I will relay your concern about AmpliTube 4 MAX but note that the product page for that is still up on the IK site and is very specific about what it contains.

SE = Special Edition

We aren't chasing a date, but stand by the official word that it will arrive before the end of the year. This is to release the best product to you without chasing a date artificially.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:02 am

(too slow, but already typed :) )

erwinew wrote:I'd like to demo the AT5 application first and check if this release is stable and works with my hardware. I think AT5 CS is probably the answer. ... I'll skip the "pre-order" offer, but risk an increased price. Hopefully that will not be the case.

AT5 CS will be the only free edition. I would think that you could also Try any other gear models in AT5 CS too. There may well be a few days between the software release and the expiry of the introductory prices (the latter being on 31 December).

erwinew wrote:AT4 MAX -> AT5 SE (Pre-order €121.99 incl. VAT)

Correct.

erwinew wrote:AT4 MAX -> AT5 (standard) (Pre-order €181.49 incl. VAT)

AT5 has more than AT5 SE as described in the comparison charts. Having AT5 rather than AT5 SE with AT4 MAX gives the 7(?) new gear models, 19 new FX (derived from T-RackS) and 2 more Rooms

erwinew wrote:AT4 MAX -> AT5 MAX (Pre-order €362.99 incl. VAT)

Well, no, there is no additional discount for prior ownership of gear Collections. But, you will have received JamPoints from that purchase and you could transfer it to someone-else. And you do get the other 6 Collections, effectively at £25 each (plus VAT)

erwinew wrote:My feedback for IK Multimedia (including @Peter_IK):

SE = Special Edition or Select Edition.
Release date is before the end of the year. When Peter knows more he will say.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby knelt » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 am

Will there be any way of bypassing the preamps? Like patching the DI straight into the FX loop?
knelt

Postby micdim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:06 am

Shouldn't IK be including AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 Max at the top of our Crossgrade/Upgrade page. Right now it's at the bottom of the page, and AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube 4 Max is at the top.

Cheers!
micdim

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi,, as is it, Amp 5 not being released yet, will not take over as the usable version Amp 4 for sale, under Crossgrade/Upgrade since it is in Pre-Release, since not able to use the product until it's release. Hope that makes sense. Could one imagine the people thinking they could use it after purchase? I can lol.

Once released, then we can find Amp5 Crossgrade/Upgrade at the top, I'm sure.

----> COMING SOON...!!! <----
.... You can almost smell the newness,,, Amplitube 5 !!!
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby micdim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Good explanation! Thanks!
micdim

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Thank you... Glad to help :D
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby Albion » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 pm

If IK have a good marketing department they should obviously bring it out well before Christmas!
Albion

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:07 pm

Albion wrote:If IK have a good marketing department they should obviously bring it out well before Christmas!

They do,,, I've seen the advertisements!!!
How would you know, are you you Santa Claus ?!?!?!
I've been such a good boy too lol,,, Merry Christmas !!!
The_Rocker

Postby Albion » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:22 pm

The_Rocker wrote:
Albion wrote:If IK have a good marketing department they should obviously bring it out well before Christmas!

They do,,, I've seen the advertisements!!!
How would you know, are you you Santa Claus ?!?!?!
I've been such a good boy too lol,,, Merry Christmas !!!

So would I be right in saying it will be released within the next fortnight?......Oh and Merry Christmas to you, which sounds a lot more convincing than Happy Holidays!
Albion

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:31 pm

All we know is that the release date is set to be before the end of the year. When Peter knows more he will say.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling