Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby mangiedog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. They both said "starting from" so I assumed that would mean the same level product, but still the upgrade was more when logged in as opposed to not.

Cheers though.

Steve.
mangiedog

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Nope, the Upgrade price is not more when you are logged in. The two prices you posted are for different editions of AmpliTube.

The "starting from" price is the lowest available, but it depends on your previous IK Multimedia purchases. And there is no Upgrade price for AT5 SE.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mangiedog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Yep fully understand that now, thanks. Just saying that both screens only said "Amplitube 5" and then a higher starting price when logged in, easy to get confused by that, well for me anyway.

Ta. Steve.
mangiedog

Postby thejone » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:38 pm

I have to apologize to bring up this question the third time now but it has not been answered jet.
Will all the speakers which came with AT4 be available to me in AT5? The list of AT5 does only contain aproximately one third of those which are currently available to me in AT4.
Thank you very much!

Regards J
thejone

Postby huli50 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:44 pm

^^^^^^^

I think it was kinda answered indirectly. But for clarity it would be nice to get this answered explicitly. I'm under the impression that all speakers you currently have would be available to you in AT5 just like any other gear you currently own. For some reason, I also have Dimebag's custom speaker in AT4 and I don't even have the Dimebag artist package.
huli50

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
thejone wrote:Will all the speakers that we own now in A4 be available for us after the upgrade?
Thanks

If you upgrade to AmpliTube 5 (or SE or MAX). Not with 5 CS. Please see the charts and lists of gear for each version on the AmpliTube 5 page for full details.

Peter_IK answered directly on the 18th November.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby huli50 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm

I should just keep my mouth shut. :)
huli50

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:16 pm

No worries huli50, posts can get missed in amongst all the questions.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby idflyfish » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:58 pm

Done yet? ;)
idflyfish

Postby mdb_ikmm » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 am

thesnoo02 wrote:Awesome that there’s a VH4 emulation! I know we can use gear we have from AT4 but can we also have the same presets? Or will we need to make new ones?

This is a great question and something I have wondered about as well.

Will presets created under AT4M potentially possess different tone / feel characteristics when reloaded (using the same gear of course) under AT5M, all other settings being identical?

Thank you,
Michael
mdb_ikmm

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:18 pm

mdb_ikmm wrote:
thesnoo02 wrote:Awesome that there’s a VH4 emulation! I know we can use gear we have from AT4 but can we also have the same presets? Or will we need to make new ones?

This is a great question and something I have wondered about as well.

Will presets created under AT4M potentially possess different tone / feel characteristics when reloaded (using the same gear of course) under AT5M, all other settings being identical?

Thank you,
Michael

You will have the ability to import your presets for use in AmpliTube 5. Yes they will sound different because AmpliTube 5 is a completely new engine, new features and technology like VIR™, and more will affect the sound.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm

You will have the ability to import your presets for use in AmpliTube 5. Yes they will sound different because AmpliTube 5 is a completely new engine, new features and technology like VIR™, and more will affect the sound.

Will the MIDI assignments also import?
ejsheldon

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:29 pm

ejsheldon wrote:

Will the MIDI assignments also import?

No, AmpliTube 5 is a completely new version and you'll need to assign your MIDI etc in its interface.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 pm

After I have selected the gear that I want to use, can I hide the Gear Browser (the panel on the right-hand side) completely?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 pm

DarkStar wrote:After I have selected the gear that I want to use, can I hide the Gear Browser (the panel on the right-hand side) completely?

You cannot close that panel. But you can filter out gear you don't want to see (down to NONE apparently!).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling