Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Damagical » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 am

It would be nice if with our pre-purchase we could use the beta
Damagical

Postby neil.cummins1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:45 am

Hi Peter,
I think we all accept that we're not going to get a nailed-down release date(even with the availability of the finest instruments of torture...),presumably to allow the developers time to get all the ducks lined up.Is it possible to at least offer up a statement that the Q4 2020 timeline will absolutely be honoured,and we won't see the type of unexpected delay experienced with the Satriani collection,albeit for reasons we all understood at the time,and see it pushed into Q1 2021?

For those who've laid out money up front,hopefully IK can at least do this?

The product looks amazing and the sleepless nights continue...

Regards
Neil
UK
neil.cummins1

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 am

jonny_franc wrote:To be clear; having bought Amplitube 3/4 when it was just plain Amplitube 3/4 and having added more gear/collections over time, that I'm OK with just getting Ampltube 5..... even though some of my gear may now only come in a higher up version, correct?

Any gear you have working currently in AT4 will be upgraded and available to you in AT5.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 pm

JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!! I am dying to try it!!!! :)
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 pm

jonny_franc wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also, if you have the gear that's in AmpliTube 5 MAX (or those collections and the gear you want) already then you don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX. You'd be fine with AmpliTube 5 which would get you the new gear in AmpliTube 5 plus your existing gear will be upgraded to be used inside AmpliTube 5 and take advantage of all the new features and functionality.

Was just about to ask this. To be clear; having bought Amplitube 3/4 when it was just plain Amplitube 3/4 and having added more gear/collections over time, that I'm OK with just getting Ampltube 5..... even though some of my gear may now only come in a higher up version, correct?
And of those that I already have will nonetheless also be upgraded as well, correct?

I swear, all these companies coming up with 50 different versions of the same software product these past years is enough to make one start drinking again, heh.

AmpliTube 5 will give you the new gear plus your current set of gear will be upgraded & unlocked so it will sound even better. So yes, what you have will be upgraded as well.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby idflyfish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:36 pm

tommartini604 wrote:JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!! I am dying to try it!!!! :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Me also!!!!
idflyfish

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Damagical wrote:It would be nice if with our pre-purchase we could use the beta

We do not have a public beta that is nor will there be one available.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm

neil.cummins1 wrote:Hi Peter,
I think we all accept that we're not going to get a nailed-down release date(even with the availability of the finest instruments of torture...),presumably to allow the developers time to get all the ducks lined up.Is it possible to at least offer up a statement that the Q4 2020 timeline will absolutely be honoured,and we won't see the type of unexpected delay experienced with the Satriani collection,albeit for reasons we all understood at the time,and see it pushed into Q1 2021?

For those who've laid out money up front,hopefully IK can at least do this?

The product looks amazing and the sleepless nights continue...

Regards
Neil
UK

We are on track to release before the end of the year. The example you use was an exception and had multiple events that caused a delay. Barring a tsunami, we're on track here.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:43 pm

knelt wrote:How many milliseconds are the new IRs?

I don't have a precise length for each of the 143,000 IRs. They are definitely the correct length to sound most realistic. You can hear them in action on the audio demos page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=audio and we have a full video about the VIR™ measurements with the robot on our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/ikmultimedia

I can ask the devs to see if they have a definitive answer but you can hear them and see the process in the examples mentioned above.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 pm

I'll say the same thing here as I say on the L6 forums, where we're anxiously awaiting v3.0.
It takes as long as it takes to squash the bugs. Release it when it's ready! It's not life or death, it's SOFTWARE! If the electricity goes out, I play my acoustic.
ejsheldon

Postby Richiez1970 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jonny_franc wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also, if you have the gear that's in AmpliTube 5 MAX (or those collections and the gear you want) already then you don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX. You'd be fine with AmpliTube 5 which would get you the new gear in AmpliTube 5 plus your existing gear will be upgraded to be used inside AmpliTube 5 and take advantage of all the new features and functionality.

Was just about to ask this. To be clear; having bought Amplitube 3/4 when it was just plain Amplitube 3/4 and having added more gear/collections over time, that I'm OK with just getting Ampltube 5..... even though some of my gear may now only come in a higher up version, correct?
And of those that I already have will nonetheless also be upgraded as well, correct?

I swear, all these companies coming up with 50 different versions of the same software product these past years is enough to make one start drinking again, heh.

AmpliTube 5 will give you the new gear plus your current set of gear will be upgraded & unlocked so it will sound even better. So yes, what you have will be upgraded as well.

Man quotes like this just get me more and more excited for this release if this is true I have no doubt it will be one of the best amp sims available... A4 is already really good. Cant wait !
Richiez1970

Postby Damagical » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 pm

[mod edit - review the forum rules, including the rule about moderation]
Damagical

Postby ejsheldon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Helix 3.0 just dropped! That should keep me busy until AT5 drops!
ejsheldon

Postby ik_steve167 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 am

I noticed that the legacy amp models that have "refreshed" UIs no longer provide the separate controls for selecting the type of power amp model and tubes. I'm not necessarily complaining as it seemed sort of clunky anyway given that only these older models used this approach and just added too much additional complexity. Can you confirm that those options/features are now a thing of the past?

Amazing work! I'll be going for the MAX upgrade!

Cheers!
ik_steve167

Postby garfy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello ik_steve and welcome to the forums.

ik_steve167 wrote:I noticed that the legacy amp models that have "refreshed" UIs no longer provide the separate controls for selecting the type of power amp model and tubes. I'm not necessarily complaining as it seemed sort of clunky anyway given that only these older models used this approach and just added too much additional complexity. Can you confirm that those options/features are now a thing of the past?

Where did you notice this and which models in particular?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling