Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:49 pm

AT5 CS is the same software as the other editions (AT5 and AT5 MAX). The Serial Number determines which gear is available. Other gear can, of course, be Tried.

As Peter has posted, AT5 CS will not be released before the others. However there may well be a period of time after the Release Date while the introductory prices are still applicable. IF so, and you're quick, you can Try out the new gear that you want.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby huli50 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:10 pm

^^^^^^

Thanks, DarkStar and Peter. That helps a lot. The logical follow up question would be, if I opt to preorder AT5 SE today, and shortly after launch and trying out the new amps only available in AT5, I determine that I just gotta have those amps, will there be upgrade pricing offered to go from AT5 SE to AT5 in the $50 range, similar to the current promotional price difference? Looks like that $50 would be equal to the undiscounted sticker price difference too.

I've reviewed the gear differences based on what I currently own, and for me the value in AT5 over AT5 SE would be in the 5 new amp models. I don't mind spending the extra $50 if even one or two of these amps suit the stuff I like to play.
huli50

The upgrade price for A5 Max is the same as the regular pric

Postby griffin6002 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 pm

The current sale price for Amplitube 5 Max, if you've never been an IK customer before, is $299.
But the upgrade/crossgrade price for Amplitube 5 Max for long-time IK customers is ALSO $299!
What the hell? This happens EVERY time IK rolls out a new product.
The software is great, but the pricing is confusing at best, and insane at worst. I've bought Amplitube Max, T Racks Max, the Brian May and Joe Satriani add-on's, Sunset Sound... I've been a loyal customer for years, and my upgrade price is the same price as a guy who walks in off the street is going to pay?!
griffin6002

Re: The upgrade price for A5 Max is the same as the regular

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:15 pm

griffin6002 wrote:The current sale price for Amplitube 5 Max, if you've never been an IK customer before, is $299.
But the upgrade/crossgrade price for Amplitube 5 Max for long-time IK customers is ALSO $299!
What the hell? This happens EVERY time IK rolls out a new product.
The software is great, but the pricing is confusing at best, and insane at worst. I've bought Amplitube Max, T Racks Max, the Brian May and Joe Satriani add-on's, Sunset Sound... I've been a loyal customer for years, and my upgrade price is the same price as a guy who walks in off the street is going to pay?!

Not true. 399.99 is the price for brand new customers. You are seeing your upgrade/crossgrade pricing when logged in. If you are not logged in you'll see Starting from 299.99 but your final price would be 399.99 if you are new.

Let's keep it civil and not fly off the handle over a misunderstanding/misreading. Also removed your insulting and also misinformed statements about IK employees. Consider this a warning, further hostile posting (which is against the forum rules) will be met with consequences.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Also, if you have the gear that's in AmpliTube 5 MAX (or those collections and the gear you want) already then you don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX. You'd be fine with AmpliTube 5 which would get you the new gear in AmpliTube 5 plus your existing gear will be upgraded to be used inside AmpliTube 5 and take advantage of all the new features and functionality.

There are links showing what is in each version as well as comparison charts for gear and for functions/features on the AmpliTube 5 web page which should help cut down some of the confusion.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 am

huli50 wrote:^^^^^^

Thanks, DarkStar and Peter. That helps a lot. The logical follow up question would be, if I opt to preorder AT5 SE today, and shortly after launch and trying out the new amps only available in AT5, I determine that I just gotta have those amps, will there be upgrade pricing offered to go from AT5 SE to AT5 in the $50 range, similar to the current promotional price difference? Looks like that $50 would be equal to the undiscounted sticker price difference too.

I've reviewed the gear differences based on what I currently own, and for me the value in AT5 over AT5 SE would be in the 5 new amp models. I don't mind spending the extra $50 if even one or two of these amps suit the stuff I like to play.

This is my understanding (all prices exclude VAT):
  • Right now: AT5 SE is 99.99, AT5 is 199.99 and the upgrade to AT5 is 149.99
  • After the introductory prices end, the upgrade to AT5 will be 199.99.

So it will be better to go for AT5 now. Have a look at the Comparison chart - for the extra cost you get 99 more gear models too. Or, you could just get those new amp gear models in the Custom Shop (if they total less than 50).

Do you have any IK Multimedia products currently that are listed at 99.99 or more?

You should check your User Area: Crossgrades/Upgrades section to see the prices for which you are currently eligible. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access you Account at all.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby huli50 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 am

^^^^^^

Again, thanks, DarkStar for the feedback and clarification. Yes, I currently own AT4 Max (no other separate packages) that I picked up a couple of months ago. So, yes, I'd be considering AT5 SE (at $99 preorder) vs AT5 (at $149 preorder). I've extensively looked at the gear available going from my current gear to that of the standard AT5 version, because, you know, I overanalyze everything. If I opt for AT5 SE, I gain no new gear and am just gaining the wonderful features of the new AT5 engine. If I opt for the standard AT5, I'd gain the 5 new amps, 1 new cab, Varidiode, Ampless, the 19 racks, bathroom, and subway (29 models). All other gear that AT5 has over AT5 SE (the 99 add'l models) is gear I already have. I am also content with not splurging for the 7 or so packages that AT5 Max would provide me, because my wife would kill me.

So of those 29 new models, the most attractive gear that even makes me consider the standard AT5 version over AT5 SE are the amps. Again, more than willing to shell out another $50 for a good amp or two. I could spend more buying a single real-world stomp box, so why should that stop me from getting some awesome software, right?

I'm pretty confident that after all this conversation, I'm going to preorder the standard AT5 so I don't have buyer's remorse in January while demo's on the new amps flood the internet just mocking me. I just need someone to tell me that these new amps are going to be amazing and that would push me over the edge.
huli50

Postby Richiez1970 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:46 am

Dont forget that one of the main reasons to upgrade would be not only to get all the cool new gear but that ir loader and impulse technology looks amazing... I cant wait !
Richiez1970

Postby 650thunderbird » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:19 am

Ordered Amplitube 5, and the waiting game begins! :D
650thunderbird

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:26 pm

@ huli50

OK, as you have AT4 MAX right now, then you qualify for the AT5 Upgrade, if you go that way. And as you have said, the $50 over AT5 SE would get you quite a lot more (the 29 models, including loads of FX derived from T-RackS 5)). And buying those new amps in the Custom Shop could be over $50.

Also, you may well have some JamPoints that you can use for purchasing AT5 SE or AT5.

-----------------------
Oh, and we over-analyzers must stick together (just ask Peter_IK ;))
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby thejone » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Will all the speakers that we own now in A4 be available for us after the upgrade?
Thanks
thejone

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 pm

thejone wrote:Will all the speakers that we own now in A4 be available for us after the upgrade?
Thanks

If you upgrade to AmpliTube 5 (or SE or MAX). Not with 5 CS. Please see the charts and lists of gear for each version on the AmpliTube 5 page for full details.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonny_franc » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 am

Peter_IK wrote:Also, if you have the gear that's in AmpliTube 5 MAX (or those collections and the gear you want) already then you don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX. You'd be fine with AmpliTube 5 which would get you the new gear in AmpliTube 5 plus your existing gear will be upgraded to be used inside AmpliTube 5 and take advantage of all the new features and functionality.

Was just about to ask this. To be clear; having bought Amplitube 3/4 when it was just plain Amplitube 3/4 and having added more gear/collections over time, that I'm OK with just getting Ampltube 5..... even though some of my gear may now only come in a higher up version, correct?
And of those that I already have will nonetheless also be upgraded as well, correct?

I swear, all these companies coming up with 50 different versions of the same software product these past years is enough to make one start drinking again, heh.

jonny_franc

Postby thejone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 am

Peter_IK wrote:
thejone wrote:If you upgrade to AmpliTube 5 (or SE or MAX). Not with 5 CS. Please see the charts and lists of gear for each version on the AmpliTube 5 page for full details.

Thanks for the response and the link to the lists. That is exactly why I asked. The speaker list of A5 is much shorter than the arsenal in my A4 now. My list in A4 looks similar to the list in A5max. Will I loose speakers through the upgrade or will I keep them? Regards, J
thejone

Postby knelt » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 am

How many milliseconds are the new IRs?
knelt

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling