Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby cmonnier » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi There,

Last year I did buy ALL Amplitube 4 stuffs, all packages, stomps, amps etc and MAX.
I'm happy to upgrade to version 5 but it is impossible to understand how and how much...
Web site says 149€ for the product, and upgrade at same price (really???)
This is totally confusing.
Should I buy SE ou regular version 5 since I've already all gears?
I'm sure I'm not the only one to be totally lost with the pricing strategy and I hope, anyway, that the release will be really in Q4: we've been waiting hell long for the Satriani pack.

Thanks for your help IK if you want to make one more sell!
cmonnier

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:31 pm

If you look at the web pages and click on [Preorder] when you are logged in you will see the introductory prices relevant to you, based on what products you have already Registered to your Account.
Code: Select all
AT5 SE   99.99 (all plus VAT)
AT5     149.99
AT5 MAX 299.99

If you log out then look at those prices you will see different prices:
AT5 SE   99.99
AT5     199.99
AT5 MAX 399.99

I agree that it is a bit confusing, but when you are logged in you will see the prices appropriate to you. As you can see from the above, the Upgrade prices, for AT5 and AT5 MAX, are discounted. And, of course you can use JamPoints to reduce the price too.

Now, as for which edition to get? That depends on exactly which products you currently have and which ones you want. You mentioned that you have all the packages but are waiting for the Satriani pack, so I am not clear.

The best thing for you to do is check out the PDF Comparison guide, halfway down this page. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby cmonnier » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:38 pm

DarkStar wrote:If you look at the web pages and click on [Preorder] when you are logged in you will see the introductory prices relevant to you, based on what products you have already Registered to your Account.
AT5 SE   99.99 (all plus VAT)
AT5     149.99
AT5 MAX 299.99

If you log out then look at those prices you will see different prices:
AT5 SE   99.99
AT5     199.99
AT5 MAX 399.99

I agree that it is a bit confusing, but when you are logged in you will see the prices appropriate to you. As you can see from the above, the Upgrade prices, for AT5 and AT5 MAX, are discounted. And, of course you can use JamPoints to reduce the price too.

Now, as for which edition to get? That depends on exactly which products you currently have and which ones you want. You mentioned that you have all the packages but are waiting for the Satriani pack, so I am not clear.

The best thing for you to do is check out the PDF Comparison guide, halfway down this page. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php

Thanks for your reply,
So an upgrade is 149 if I have already all products and 199 whoever I am.... well not very generous..

I was mentioning that we waited for more than 5 months before having Satriani package, so I hope v5 will arrive faster!

And for the record if I go to the web site, not regsitered it says 149€
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... p=versions
and the same price when logged it
maybe there is a mistake somewhere?
thanks!
cmonnier

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Well, the Upgrade for AT5 is 149 less any JamPoints you wish to use.

The web page actually says "Starting from €199.99 €149.99 excl. VAT" which is correct. If you click on {Pre-Order] when logged out you can see the 2 prices:

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 pm

The upgrade is 33% less than new customers, and as DarkStar points out you can get an additional up to 30% off using JamPoints.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cmonnier » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The upgrade is 33% less than new customers, and as DarkStar points out you can get an additional up to 30% off using JamPoints.

yeah.... well I bought it, now I cross finger it will arrive in 2020, would then be the first good news of this year!
cmonnier

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 pm

cmonnier wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The upgrade is 33% less than new customers, and as DarkStar points out you can get an additional up to 30% off using JamPoints.

yeah.... well I bought it, now I cross finger it will arrive in 2020, would then be the first good news of this year!

That's the plan! We're working hard to make sure it is amazing and get it to you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm

And I'll add my trademark "Good oh" :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm

Could someone elaborate as to what exactly is new as opposed to reworked/rewritten ?

Of the 'AmpliTube 5 SE' 77 gear models and 'AmpliTube 5' 170 gear models how many of those are new, and how many are rewritten or remain the same ?

I found this, buy what apples to SE and what applies to 5 ?
New Gear - 129 brand new gear models, including 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, and 19 racks FX derived from T-RackS and redesigned specifically for AmpliTube 5, 2 new rooms and over 100 completely re-captured cabinets.

Since I use mostly my Mesa Boogie and Fender collections I'm wondering what I will be adding by going with one or the other.

Thanks...
Musical.Alchemy

Postby tokenboomer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm

I too do lot see a lot of new gear, especially since I Amplitube 4 Max, but I like what I see of the new implementation. I know Amplitube is designed primarily for guitar and bass but this new implementation will make it easier to use Amplitube components with other instruments. And, apparently, it also gives you the option of only showing components that you own. The built in sales pitches in previous Amplitube versions were really annoying.
tokenboomer

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Could someone elaborate as to what exactly is new as opposed to reworked/rewritten ?

Of the 'AmpliTube 5 SE' 77 gear models and 'AmpliTube 5' 170 gear models how many of those are new, and how many are rewritten or remain the same ?

I found this, buy what apples to SE and what applies to 5 ?
New Gear - 129 brand new gear models, including 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, and 19 racks FX derived from T-RackS and redesigned specifically for AmpliTube 5, 2 new rooms and over 100 completely re-captured cabinets.

Since I use mostly my Mesa Boogie and Fender collections I'm wondering what I will be adding by going with one or the other.

Thanks...

The 9 brand new gear models are:
STOMP   Ampless
STOMP   SSTE - Solid State Tape Echo
STOMP   VariDiode+
AMP   German 34
AMP   MiniPlex 20
AMP   New York B750
AMP   SilverPlate 50
AMP   VHandcraft 4
CAB   4x10 NY410

They are all in AT5. But none are in AT5 SE. And other models in each product will use the new technology too. Please have a close look at the Comparison Chart (and the PDF) halfway down this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Thank you Dark Star. One last thing, AmpliTube 5 SE comes with 77 models, whereas AmpliTube 5 comes with 170 gear models. If one owns AmpliTube 4 (sorry I don't know what that came with, though I'll assume it has more than 77 models) and they purchase SE do they in effect lose the difference between what A4 came with and the 77 SE now comes with ? Or do you keep everything you had with A4 and just do not get the new equipment you listed above ?

For example I have the Brit Silver, Red Pig, Brit Valve Pre, ect, ect from the 'British Collection' which are not listed in the A5 SE. (I believe the 'British Collection' was a free download) Will I lose these if I were to purchase SE ?

[mod redacted - unnecessary] You, Peter and others are always there to help. Thank you !
Last edited by Musical.Alchemy on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:22 pm

You do not lose anything - any existing gear models will be unlocked in AT5 and use the new technology.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby matias.joao@gmail.com » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:00 am

Hi There,

Thanks' all u guys and girls at IK Multimedia for being develop Amplitube 5, I can wait to try it.
Q1 - Will Amplitube 5 Max continues to expand with more vintage gear like , klon centaur Gold pedal, Marshall Blues Breaker, mu-Tron phasor iii, Moog Moogerfooger pedals, and so on.

Q2 - WET - DRY - WET Setups, in the presenting Videos, I don't understood if there is (delays, Reverb and Chorus) in stereo fx, that u can put before a split signal and feed the two WET paths making possible to sweep an FX from Wet L signal path to Wet R signal path and leave the center path dry (signal intact). Meaning a rack FX are always in stereo, or is just after the Master Bus?

Thank you!
matias.joao@gmail.com

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:33 pm

A1 No. The AT5 MAX product includes those gear models listed; that is available on its initial release. as was the case for AT4 MAX.

Of course, more new gear models will be developed and could be purchased individually or in Collections. And, they may well be included in AmpliTube 6 MAX. :)

A2 I do not know, but somehow I doubt it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling