Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby acousticglue » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Then I mistepped on my order and believed I need only order the the 5SE for new and update since I had most already. How do I cancel order and redo? Contact support?
acousticglue

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm

acousticglue wrote:Then I mistepped on my order and believed I need only order the the 5SE for new and update since I had most already. How do I cancel order and redo? Contact support?

If you need to change your order yes you'd want to contact support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Peter,

From the video:

Can you clarify the signal path from the Amp to the EQ PG and onwards? Where is the output from the EQ PG going? And what does the icon to the right of the EQ PG represent?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby idflyfish » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 pm

I'm gassing so hard for this to come out.
idflyfish

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:58 am

DarkStar wrote:Peter,

From the video:

Can you clarify the signal path from the Amp to the EQ PG and onwards? Where is the output from the EQ PG going? And what does the icon to the right of the EQ PG represent?

EQ PG is in the effects loop of the amp. That arrow is showing the routing, you'll see it clicked on elsewhere in the video to change to a different routing option (like splitting out to two - edit: or three - cabinets).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lcmafcls@gmail.com » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You would not get the new AmpliTube 5 gear (2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, 2 new rooms, 19 new rack FX, all of the remeasured cabs) with SE. For that you'd want to get AmpliTube 5.

Edit - I see this was answered above, sorry.

Hi Peter,

you maintain that A5SE will not include the remeasured cabs, but the comparison chart (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf) would state otherwise, indicating that A5SE includes VIR Cabinet Technology with 600 impulses per speaker.

In other words, what I get from the chart is:

- if I buy/upgrade A5SE (for $99 as we speak) I get all the 5 stops positions (including on DI), the VIR Cabinet Technology (which I assume are the remeasured cabs), all the 5 rack FX positions (including post mixer and on DI) as well as the mixer feature.
- if I buy A5 (for $149 as we speak) I get all the above plus the new gears (2 new stomps, 5 new amps, 2 new rooms, 19 new rack FX)

Could you please clarify?

Also, on the pricing side: It's my understanding that if I buy one of the packages or if I upgrade/crossgrade to it (owning A4 and other IK products), the price is the same.

In other words:

- if I do not own any IK products, buying A5Se will cost me, during preorder, $99
- if I own, for example, A4Max, and/or ModoBass, the price would be $99 as well.

Am I right or am I missing something?

Thanks.
lcmafcls@gmail.com

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:01 pm

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I would suggest that you change your username to something other than your email address. There is the potential for addresses to be harvested by lurking bots, ready to send you a blast of spam.

lcmafcls@gmail.com wrote:you maintain that A5SE will not include the remeasured cabs, but the comparison chart (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf) would state otherwise, indicating that A5SE includes VIR Cabinet Technology with 600 impulses per speaker.

Peter_IK may well correct me if I'm wrong but, as you have less cabs in SE (13 compared to 27) you will not have all the remeasured cabs. The 600 figure is the number of impulses PER SPEAKER, so however many speakers are included in SE you will have 600 impulses for each.

lcmafcls@gmail.com wrote:Also, on the pricing side: It's my understanding that if I buy one of the packages or if I upgrade/crossgrade to it (owning A4 and other IK products), the price is the same.

In other words:

- if I do not own any IK products, buying A5Se will cost me, during preorder, $99
- if I own, for example, A4Max, and/or ModoBass, the price would be $99 as well.

This does appear to be the case. The pricing shown on the website is the pre-order price, irrespective of anything previously owned.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Albion » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:26 pm

I have just pre ordered Amplitube 5 as I already own the Bass collections that I need and a multitude of pedals and racks etc, but it is the upgrade on amp voicing etc that interests me.I had 206 jam points in the bank so I ended up getting £45.00 knocked off which is great. My only concern is the horrible download procedure that you have to go through once you have received your serial numbers. I hope they have simplified this process for Amplitube 5.
Albion

Postby lcmafcls@gmail.com » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 pm

garfy wrote:Peter_IK may well correct me if I'm wrong but, as you have less cabs in SE (13 compared to 27) you will not have all the remeasured cabs. The 600 figure is the number of impulses PER SPEAKER, so however many speakers are included in SE you will have 600 impulses for each.

Thanks for your reply, garfy. That's clear.

My doubt, at this point, is: would A5SE deliver remeasured cabs for those cabs included with any A4 version I own (i.e. A4Max) and/or any extra package I purchased in the past?

Cheers.
lcmafcls@gmail.com

Postby Albion » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:05 pm

lcmafcls@gmail.com wrote:
garfy wrote:Peter_IK may well correct me if I'm wrong but, as you have less cabs in SE (13 compared to 27) you will not have all the remeasured cabs. The 600 figure is the number of impulses PER SPEAKER, so however many speakers are included in SE you will have 600 impulses for each.

Thanks for your reply, garfy. That's clear.

My doubt, at this point, is: would A5SE deliver remeasured cabs for those cabs included with any A4 version I own (i.e. A4Max) and/or any extra package I purchased in the past?

Cheers.
Yes everything that you currently have in A4 will be automatically transferred to A5.The SE version gets you all of the new cab toning options etc but the A5 gives you more pedals,amps,cabs etc, so it may be worth your while looking what extra you get if you upgrade further from SE to A5 as it will be cheaper for you in the long run.
Albion

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Albion wrote: My only concern is the horrible download procedure that you have to go through once you have received your serial numbers. I hope they have simplified this process for Amplitube 5.

Download and authorisation is now taken care of by the Product Manager.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby idflyfish » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Someone needs to crack the whip at the Amplitube 5 product team!!!!! I want my AT5!!!
idflyfish

Postby Damagical » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Exactly! We want our A5..!!
Damagical

Postby ejsheldon » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:32 pm

For me, the question is, which will drop first?
Helix 3.0 or AT5?
I thought about getting BOSS Waza Air headphones for my Birthday, but we'll probably have a Covid vaccine before BOSS gets around to fixing the drift problem.
Heck, I'll probably win the Lotto before that happens!
ejsheldon

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling