Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Image

IK’s leading amp and effects modeling software has been totally re-engineered, now offering even more gear, an all-new interface, expanded signal chain options, a cutting-edge new cabinet section and improved sound and accuracy throughout. Welcome to AmpliTube 5.

AmpliTube 5 takes a giant leap forward with 129 new gear models for a total of over 400 ultra-realistic models. Offering a massive increase in gear, features and flexibility for an even more seamless and satisfying user experience, AmpliTube 4 massively raises the bar of what can be expected from an amp simulator today.

Both existing and new users will enjoy an all-new GUI featuring an updated ergonomic layout and new level of realism. Also now fully scalable, it can conveniently adapt to any display size including the latest Retina displays.

Image

We also revisited all of the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding a fresh new look, optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp/speaker interaction to maximize realism and feel. Featuring 100 completely re-measured cabs, two new stomps, five new amps, a new cab, and two new room simulations, there is so much new sound to be explored.

Image

Beyond mono and stereo, the new, completely customizable gear chain now boasts wet-dry-wet configurations and other advanced series and parallel routing with support for up to 57 simultaneous models spread between stomps, racks, amps and cabs.

The completely re-engineered Cabinet section features IK’s new Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR™) technology. To deliver the highest standard of accuracy and realism, IK painstakingly measured 600 IRs per speaker of every existing and new cabinet model, for a total of 143,000 IRs. This process modeled a massive, 3D array of mic placement options - each capturing the interactions between speakers, cabinet and floor - for a completely true-to-life sound.

Image

All of this is available with a new 3D grid interface that allows users to snap the cabinet section's movable mics to a precise IR point or seamlessly blend between multiple measurements. Plus, users can now import and load their own impulse responses and tweak them to find the perfect match for their desired tone.

A new Mixer window in the studio section complements AmpliTube 5's expanded signal chain options and 8-track DAW. It allows users to blend their cabinet and microphone sounds, plus the DI signal, and make use of panning, levels, busses and 19 built-in effects with a selection derived from T-RackS 5 to bring a final studio polish to any track.

Image

AmpliTube 5 also features a totally redesigned Custom Shop with a more modern, easy to navigate interface, helping users demo and unlock gear faster, sort by gear they own or don’t own, unlock preset-specific gear, and more.

AmpliTube 5 can work both as a desktop app and plug-in for any DAW, and it’s available in four versions to suit every need – from the free AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop up through AmpliTube 5 MAX, which offers full access to all current official artist and brand collections.

Price & Availability

AmpliTube 5 (for Mac/PC) will be available in Q4 2020. Preorder your copy now with special introductory pricing listed below.

AmpliTube 5 CS - free
AmpliTube 5 SE - $/€99.99* intro price (regular price will be $/€149.99)
AmpliTube 5 - $/€149.99** $/€199.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€299.99)
AmpliTube 5 MAX - $/€299.99** $/€399.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€599.99)

For customers wanting the best of both hardware/software worlds, AmpliTube 5 will also be available bundled with IK's premium guitar interfaces.

AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX - $/€399.99
AXE I/O SOLO + AmpliTube 5 - $/€299.99

In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.

Click here to learn more about AmpliTube 5.

*all prices excluding tax

** Upgrade/Crossgrade prices for IK users who have registered any IK products worth $/€99.99 or more
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby anydmusic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Will our existing AmpliTube 4 Gear be supported in 5?
anydmusic
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:25 pm

anydmusic wrote:Will our existing AmpliTube 4 Gear be supported in 5?

Yes, this is stated on the AmpliTube 5 Specs page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby stevehunt18 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:34 pm

I have Amplitube 4 which I have upgraded to the non-Max version through various promotions and other such means over the years and have bought a number of other products (Ampeg, Fender Collections, Cab Packs, etc), but my account isnt showing any products which would trigger an upgrade/cross-grade price for Amplitube 5 - or is it just too early for that to be reflected in the online shop prices? Much as I'm keen to pre-order and intend to buy and continue using the product as it suits my needs perfectly - Is there are clearer upgrade/cross-grade path for owners of 4 to 5 or is there one coming?

Thanks
stevehunt18
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm

stevehunt18 wrote:I have Amplitube 4 which I have upgraded to the non-Max version through various promotions and other such means over the years and have bought a number of other products (Ampeg, Fender Collections, Cab Packs, etc), but my account isnt showing any products which would trigger an upgrade/cross-grade price for Amplitube 5 - or is it just too early for that to be reflected in the online shop prices? Much as I'm keen to pre-order and intend to buy and continue using the product as it suits my needs perfectly - Is there are clearer upgrade/cross-grade path for owners of 4 to 5 or is there one coming?

Thanks

The upgrade prices are posted at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5 - I've checked the site with different accounts and it appears to be working. If you are not seeing these prices please check with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support who can look directly at your account.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby stevehunt18 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
stevehunt18 wrote:I have Amplitube 4 which I have upgraded to the non-Max version through various promotions and other such means over the years and have bought a number of other products (Ampeg, Fender Collections, Cab Packs, etc), but my account isnt showing any products which would trigger an upgrade/cross-grade price for Amplitube 5 - or is it just too early for that to be reflected in the online shop prices? Much as I'm keen to pre-order and intend to buy and continue using the product as it suits my needs perfectly - Is there are clearer upgrade/cross-grade path for owners of 4 to 5 or is there one coming?

Thanks

The upgrade prices are posted at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5 - I've checked the site with different accounts and it appears to be working. If you are not seeing these prices please check with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support who can look directly at your account.


Many thanks for the quick reply Peter, much appreciated.
stevehunt18
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Pleudoniem » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Just wondering. I'd be interested in buying A5, but I already have A4 Max. If all the gear that can be used in A4 can also be used in A5, then I don't think I need to buy A5 Max in full as well, do I? After all, some (if not most) of the gear is already covered in A4. If I buy a smaller A5 version, I can use the licenses for all the gear I already have in A4 Max. The new A5 would then basically be a new shell with greater versatility, if I understand correctly.

Or are you going to offer a crossgrade price specifically to A4 Max users as well, so that they A4 Max can be upped to A5 Max? That would be absolutely great!
Pleudoniem
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Pleudoniem wrote:Just wondering. I'd be interested in buying A5, but I already have A4 Max. If all the gear that can be used in A4 can also be used in A5, then I don't think I need to buy A5 Max in full as well, do I? After all, some (if not most) of the gear is already covered in A4. If I buy a smaller A5 version, I can use the licenses for all the gear I already have in A4 Max. The new A5 would then basically be a new shell with greater versatility, if I understand correctly.

Or are you going to offer a crossgrade price specifically to A4 Max users as well, so that they A4 Max can be upped to A5 Max? That would be absolutely great!

You can use your gear in AmpliTube 5.

The only things you might consider are if you don't have the collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX. I did the math on that in another thread:

If you are missing those [subsequent collections released post-AmpliTube 4 MAX], you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).


The upgrade pricing is available if you are logged into the web site and listed on the news on our web site.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby neil.cummins1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Peter,does your reply mean definitively that anyone with existing A4 Max plus any added collections can simply purchase a basic version of A5 Max to enjoy the same and uninterrupted level of functionality as offered in A4 Max plus all the new functionality in A5 Max as was the intended aim of the question?

Or do we still need to purchase A5 Max?

Regards
Neil Cummins
UK
neil.cummins1
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby bosone » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:49 pm

does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp?

or will i need AGAIN to load and tweak TWO separate amp settings for the L and R tracks of my metal rythm guitar?

to be clearer:

i have two identical rythm tracks: one on the left channel and one on the right channel.
right now, with amplitube 4 i have to load two separate amps and tweak SEPARATELY each of their settings, eventually with copy/paste.
this is NOT convenient to sculpt the sound of a stereo track.

what it is needed is a STEREO amp: you feed it with L and R signal and it processes them in STEREO.

it is exaclty what guitar rig is doing since its birth, but for some reason at IK multimedia they do not understand this need. maybe it's me and my willing to work in a smart way, i don't know.
bosone
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby apesma1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Pleudoniem wrote:Just wondering. I'd be interested in buying A5, but I already have A4 Max. If all the gear that can be used in A4 can also be used in A5, then I don't think I need to buy A5 Max in full as well, do I? After all, some (if not most) of the gear is already covered in A4. If I buy a smaller A5 version, I can use the licenses for all the gear I already have in A4 Max. The new A5 would then basically be a new shell with greater versatility, if I understand correctly.

Or are you going to offer a crossgrade price specifically to A4 Max users as well, so that they A4 Max can be upped to A5 Max? That would be absolutely great!

You can use your gear in AmpliTube 5.

The only things you might consider are if you don't have the collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX. I did the math on that in another thread:

If you are missing those [subsequent collections released post-AmpliTube 4 MAX], you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).


The upgrade pricing is available if you are logged into the web site and listed on the news on our web site.


So, please let me get this straight. If I own A4 Max with Extra Collections already purchased, and I want to upgrade/crossgrade to A5 Max, I have to pay an additional $299 for that opportunity?

AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade (Download Only)
$299.99
Last edited by apesma1 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apesma1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:19 am

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby thesnoo02 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Awesome that there’s a VH4 emulation! I know we can use gear we have from AT4 but can we also have the same presets? Or will we need to make new ones?
thesnoo02
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:31 pm

apesma1 wrote:So, please let me get this straight. If I own A4 Max with Extra Collections already purchased, and I want to upgrade/crossgrade to A5 Max, I have to pay an additional $299 for that opportunity?

AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade (Download Only)
$299.99

No. If you already have those seven collections that weren't in AmpliTube 4 MAX you'd want to go with the AmpliTube 5 Upgrade at $/€149.99 as the gear you already have will run there and you don't need to "re-buy" it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:33 pm

neil.cummins1 wrote:Peter,does your reply mean definitively that anyone with existing A4 Max plus any added collections can simply purchase a basic version of A5 Max to enjoy the same and uninterrupted level of functionality as offered in A4 Max plus all the new functionality in A5 Max as was the intended aim of the question?

Or do we still need to purchase A5 Max?

Regards
Neil Cummins
UK

What you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with the new features etc. However, if you are missing any gear that is included with AmpliTube 5 MAX (the seven collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX was released), that will still be unavailable. But again, the gear you have will run in AmpliTube 5 with all the features it includes for the $/€149.99 upgrade.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm

The gear included in each version is linked on the AmpliTube 5 web page so you can see what is included with each. I believe that if you say "All of the gear I already have plus..." before reading each of those lists it may make more sense and be much more clear.

There's also a link to a full comparison chart there too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 16458
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling