Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Xoutremer wrote:Purchased Amplitube 4 Max on 15th September. Gutted at the October 15th or after deadline. If I add to my last discounted purchase the cost of an upgrade to SE I'll be spending more than just buying discounted max 5 version from the start.

If you feel you have a case for consideration where your price minus JamPoints would still be higher than a new user (note that the new user pricing is $/€399.99 for AmpliTube MAX, not the $/€299.99 upgrade/crossgrade price and AmpliTube 4 MAX was your first purchase so you'd have been a new user for AmpliTube 5 MAX in your scenario) please contact our support team so they can look further/deeper into your account etc and they will certainly listen to any case you feel you have to make. They are very helpful. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermybear2002 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:51 pm

@ Peter

Been a while since I was last on the IK Forums; last post was about the now defunct Stealth Board. I just received the notice of the upgrade and it looks friggin' awesome. Especially the reworked GUI, IR loading and new Effects Chain modes. I am hoping the upgraded sound engine is finally better than Positive Grid's as IK's platform offers a ton of more variables and versatility, but has lacked in sound quality versus this competitor (please don't try and explain otherwise; if you look at all the comparisons on the web, you'll know I speak the truth).

After looking on the site and then reading the many forum threads, I have come to the conclusion that I still don't quite get what is what here, and I apologize to you, Peter, specifically, if I am beating this horse past dead...

I own AMP 4 Deluxe and have purchased or added (promos) all the collections prior to BM & SAT releases and just about all the CS additional gear (i.e. stomps, cabs, amps, mics). I also got a bunch of TS Rack gear from the promos you have run. There are a few bits and pieces I don't have, but I can live with that.

So, I have all the "generic" amps, stomps, racks, cabs & mics from the AT4 Deluxe plus whatever I have added via CS or promos up to the last collection releases. I currently do not need the newest stuff.

I do use some of the generic stomps from the base program along with collections like T-Rex and Orange, to name a few.

I have a few specific questions:

1. I like to use several of the generic stomps; the envelop filter is a major part of my sound. Will this generic unit be included in the AT5 SE upgrade? Or do I have to purchase the AT5 version to get it? If I have to 'purchase' it via a higher upgrade, is it also available to purchase as a stand alone in CS to get the new specs?

2. Tap Tempo. This had been an ongoing issue for me. In past versions of AT, tap tempo is trigger only by SysEx messages and not assignable as a CC. There are couple of midi foot controller units that allow you to send user generated SysEx messages that can overcome this setback, but I don't own any of those, so, for me, having a means, OTHER THAN MY DAW or the iRig Stomp is paramount. Not knocking the iRig Stomp; this is a good unit but it doesn't hold a candle in sound quality compared to the Axe I/O, which I use exclusively in both live and recording platforms), Does the new version allow for tap tempo to be triggered by a CC or is it still the same old tired SysEx only.

You biggest competitor, Positive Grid, figured this out with there Bias FX 2 upgrade a year ago.

Truth be told, I wish IK would come out with a midi foot controller with 10-15 buttons using the AXE I/O as the interface and include multiple page/layers with tab/hold button assigns (ala Voes MX foot controller series) and expand the 8 track to a full DAW (Why don't you get together with REAPER?). IK has the best midi platform of any of the software programs out there. Literally blows away the competition, IMO, but this little 'oversite' with the tap tempo can be a deal breaker for some who really need to sync time signature, live, with several modulation effects such as delay, chorus, flange and pan effects.

UPDATE (sort of)...

*** I just looked at the website to see the number of available gear items in the AT5 SE and noticed a caveat under each of the paid versions:

Unlocks previously purchased gear.

So I can only 'assume' that anything I have purchased in the past will be included in the new platform?

Anyway, thank you for your time and all your efforts to explain this, Peter. You were a great mod when I was more actively posting a few years ago and it's good to see you are still here!
hermybear2002

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Your assumption is correct. :)
in another thread Peter_IK wrote:
Black-Viper75 wrote:I've got Amplitube 4 Deluxe and I've purchased a lot of the collections, can I upgraded to the SE version and still have all my A4 gear transferred over?

Yes. Your AmpliTube 4 gear will work in AmplITube 5 SE and AmpliTube 5 SE has the full functionality/features of AmpliTube 5 so you should be very happy there!
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:24 am

hermybear2002 wrote:Anyway, thank you for your time and all your efforts to explain this, Peter. You were a great mod when I was more actively posting a few years ago and it's good to see you are still here!

Here's my boss's email.... :P Or the alternate joke was: Tell that to my colleagues!! They've been putting up with me for about 11 years.

I see DarkStar already answered, so there are newer faster moderators than I now... Jokes aside, much appreciated that DarkStar, garfy, and our mods beat me to it many times. I, and lots of others here, truly appreciate them.

If you have more questions, though, let us know.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermybear2002 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:32 am

Thank you to both Dark Star (Dead Reference?) and Peter.

The other question was regarding the tap tempo. I also right in assuming that the tap tempo is still SysEx triggered versus using a standard CC?

If anyone out there in IK world has figured out a way to trigger the tap tempo with a foot controller via some software or midi note or quantum mechanics or pixie dust...you would make my day/year/life/existence :mrgreen:
hermybear2002

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:37 am

@hermybear2002 Certainly is - check my signature

@ Peter: Aw, shucks :oops:
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:11 am

hermybear2002 wrote:Thank you to both Dark Star (Dead Reference?) and Peter.

The other question was regarding the tap tempo. I also right in assuming that the tap tempo is still SysEx triggered versus using a standard CC?

If anyone out there in IK world has figured out a way to trigger the tap tempo with a foot controller via some software or midi note or quantum mechanics or pixie dust...you would make my day/year/life/existence :mrgreen:

I have posted the tap tempo question to the team. I will let people know when I get more information on that. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermybear2002 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:41 am

@ Peter - Dude, you're awesome. I can't ask for more than that. Thank you. I know that I am not the only one with ideas, here, but I will just lay this on you guys at IK... you currently have competition from three different platforms: Analogue (Amps) / Digital (Software) / Ana-Dig (Hardware/Software). Once we hit the 32bit threshold, standard, production line amps become a novelty. So really just two... Axe Fx & Kemper provide hardware platforms for their software...but so does Positive Grid, who, also provides an affordable, stand alone /DAW, software platform, and, IMHO, is your main competition.

If you could bring together your software's awesome tone and flexibility, add in the "Best in Universe", stellar audio interface technology (i.e. AXE I/O, can't say enough about this unit!) and use your direct connections with the likes of ENGL, Fender, Mesa Boogie!!!! to build a hardware/software platform and cram it into all into a pre/power unit setup or even a floorboard like some of your competition has done (i.e. Axe AX8 or Kemper's new foot control), I think you would change the game for good.

To get an Axe FX new today, you have to sell off two of your children; only one if you are buying used (did I just say that out loud? :shock: :oops: ) and a Kemper isn't much cheaper. The PG stuff is quite good except that it doesn't have the flexibility your software has already attained...I know you guys can be the best. Thank you for listening :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

@DarkStar - Excellent!
hermybear2002

Postby Frontinus » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:27 am

@Peter

Thanks for the many clarifications on the upgrade options on this thread. Can I ask:

I currently have Amplitube 4 Max and have been thinking of buying the Total Studio 2 Max offer that is about to finish. If I buy Total Studio 2 Max, will that include an option for Amplitube 5 SE as well?
Frontinus

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:43 pm

Peter may well reply later, but you might like to contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top to a Support form.

Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby darkogav » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:12 pm

yup. if you could please answer the Total Studio Max query. If we buy Total Studio 2 Max on Nov 2 before the deal expires, so we get Amplitube 5 SE automatically under some sort of grace period?
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Frontinus wrote:@Peter

Thanks for the many clarifications on the upgrade options on this thread. Can I ask:

I currently have Amplitube 4 Max and have been thinking of buying the Total Studio 2 Max offer that is about to finish. If I buy Total Studio 2 Max, will that include an option for Amplitube 5 SE as well?

That does not qualify for the free AmpliTube 5 SE, it is for AmpliTube 4 purchases or those bundled with hardware per the news:

In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:50 pm

... but you could use some JamPoints from the Total Studio 2 MAX purchase towards any AT5 purchase. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm

DarkStar wrote:... but you could use some JamPoints from the Total Studio 2 MAX purchase towards any AT5 purchase. :)

Ah yes and I forgot how many JamPoints someone will get when purchasing Total Studio 2 MAX at is deeply discounted price in the Total Studio Spectacular 2 (not available much longer though)... We still do the math based on the retail price, not what you paid (see the JamPoints page for more information). That's a great amount of JamPoints for a purchase that is up to 75% off!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermybear2002 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:40 pm

Hey all! I just need one more clarification before I pull the trigger on the AT5 upgrade:

VIR/Cabs: If I own most of the cabs/mics from AT4 and I go with SE, are all my AT4 cabs/mics available with the VIR upgrade or just the ones in the version?

The more I look at the AT5 upgrade, the more excited I get. I have been waffling between IK and PG software for the last few years and would love for this upgrade to finally put you guys on top sonically. Your editing platform is incredible but some of the gear models lacked "depth" or "thickness" versus your competitors. After listening to some of the SACH videos, I have to say the sound seems to be greatly improved.

P.S. When is someone going to talk JBL into partnering for a IR suite? I really want E120's and K110's. You guys would be the perfect fit :D

Just sayin'.
hermybear2002

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling