Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby dakfat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Keep in mind that you also get the entire list of legacy amps upgraded with new cab IRs and reworked amp modelling. Also, I'm pretty sure IK has been applying the new modelling architecture in Amplitube 5 to several of the newer collections like Brian May, Fender 2, Satriani. Speculating but there is a clear difference between those and the legacy amps. Anyone look into what the deal is with the rack units. Are those included in only certain versions?

True, but Max is not necessary for the upgrade of existing gear. If you own it already, you will be using the upgraded version within the AMP 5 shell
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:54 pm

vac713 wrote:Would like to hear from someone at IK that all previously purchased packs will work on AT 5

"Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=specs
dakfat

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:20 pm

triggerthehorizon wrote:
kgmessier wrote:
triggerthehorizon wrote:I would also like some clarity. If I own Amplitube 4 max and all collections up to Satriani, what package do I need to get to purchase Amp 5 with all the gear I am missing?

I think you’ll need to purchase AmpliTube 5 MAX.

So after looking at the lists of gear included in each package, I would have to get the 150$ Amplitube 5 to get the 5 new amps and the 2 new stomps. The new amps and stomps are not in the SE version. I wouldn't have to get MAX because I already own all the new collections (Brian MAy, Dimebag, Satriani, etc..)

Or buy them in the Custom Shop? (When available.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pjcass1981 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Was just doing a thorough comparison of the different version. Without getting the new Max system, I will be missing out on so many of the new modules or whatever you want to call them. Shame. I'm pushing the price of one of the top tier floor modellers out there when I tally up the money I've put into software and hardware with IK.

Was really sold on this upgrade since I've put Amplitube 4 to such good use and enjoy it, but another 300$ on top of the money I've put into IK. This is why the world of software is a rabbit hole.

[mod redacted - unnecessary]
pjcass1981

Postby FrThib » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 pm

So just to be clear, I own At4 MAX, darell, mesa, orange, fender expension.

If I buy AT5 at 149$, not the SE, and restore my gear, i'll have access to the updated sims and cab I already own from AT4?

Or, do I just install the Free AT5 and restore my gear? It would be even better! :D :D
FrThib

Postby dakfat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:02 pm

FrThib wrote:So just to be clear, I own At4 MAX, darell, mesa, orange, fender expension.

If I buy AT5 at 149$, not the SE, and restore my gear, i'll have access to the updated sims and cab I already own from AT4?

That is the way I understand it. The 150$ package is the way to go to get all the new features and models for someone who is already "maxed out"
dakfat

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

kgmessier wrote:
triggerthehorizon wrote:I would also like some clarity. If I own Amplitube 4 max and all collections up to Satriani, what package do I need to get to purchase Amp 5 with all the gear I am missing?

No, they do not need to purchase MAX. Current gear you have works in AmpliTube 5. You don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX if you have all the additional collections that it includes. They should upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and use the collections they have (all of them from the sound of it) there and enjoy all of the great new features including the amazing VIR™ and much much more.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:16 pm

vac713 wrote:Would like to hear from someone at IK that all previously purchased packs will work on AT 5

See above but as TriggerTheHorizon points out, we do already state it - on our web site.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FrThib » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:25 pm

So, someone as me who own At4 max and a lot of collections need to buy what?
Just use the AT5 free and restore their gear? What will I be missing from the new AT5 if I do that?
FrThib

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:27 pm

pjcass1981 wrote:Was just doing a thorough comparison of the different version. Without getting the new Max system, I will be missing out on so many of the new modules or whatever you want to call them. Shame. I'm pushing the price of one of the top tier floor modellers out there when I tally up the money I've put into software and hardware with IK.

Was really sold on this upgrade since I've put Amplitube 4 to such good use and enjoy it, but another 300$ on top of the money I've put into IK. This is why the world of software is a rabbit hole.

MAX is only necessary if you don't have the newer collections included which are not in AmpliTube 4 MAX. If you are missing those, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).

If you have the collections mentioned above, all you have to do is upgrade to AmpliTube 5 for the great new AmpliTube 5 gear and awesome features. Don't want all of the new gear? Then choose AmpliTube 5 SE. With ANY of these choices, your existing gear will work and will sound even better with all of the new updates and features.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:28 pm

FrThib wrote:So, someone as me who own At4 max and a lot of collections need to buy what?
Just use the AT5 free and restore their gear? What will I be missing from the new AT5 if I do that?

See above. Thanks. You'd want AmpliTube 5 SE at least, though, for all the new features.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cereboso » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:41 pm

I current have Amp 4 MAX (and Total Studio 2 MAX) so if I upgrade to Amp 5 SE or standard will I also still have all of the mic models included? I notice in the gear list it says SE only has 5 mics, standard has 11 and MAX has 18.
Same with the pedals, SE has 19, std has 47 and MAX has 107.
Will I be able to restore all mics and all pedals from the CS from my Amp 4 MAX purchase into 5?
Thanks!
cereboso

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:46 pm

cereboso wrote:I current have Amp 4 MAX (and Total Studio 2 MAX) so if I upgrade to Amp 5 SE or standard will I also still have all of the mic models included? I notice in the gear list it says SE only has 5 mics, standard has 11 and MAX has 18.
Same with the pedals, SE has 19, std has 47 and MAX has 107.
Will I be able to restore all mics and all pedals from the CS from my Amp 4 MAX purchase into 5?
Thanks!

Your existing gear will work in AmpliTube 5 or AmpliTube 5 SE, so yes what you have will work in those without repurchase per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube5
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby darkogav » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
kgmessier wrote:

No, they do not need to purchase MAX. Current gear you have works in AmpliTube 5. You don't need AmpliTube 5 MAX if you have all the additional collections that it includes. They should upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and use the collections they have (all of them from the sound of it) there and enjoy all of the great new features including the amazing VIR™ and much much more.

Thanks Peter. So just to confirm, if we own AT 4.x and have collections, we just need to purchase AT 5.x and we will get the new VIR and whatever new cabs in those collections have been upgraded.

If we just upgrade to AT 5.x SE, what do we miss out on?
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:49 pm

darkogav wrote:Thanks Peter. So just to confirm, if we own AT 4.x and have collections, we just need to purchase AT 5.x and we will get the new VIR and whatever new cabs in those collections have been upgraded.

If we just upgrade to AT 5.x SE, what do we miss out on?

Yes you can upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and use what you have. With AmpliTube 5 SE you'd miss out on some of the gear. You can find "gear included" links under each version on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube5/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling