Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Thanks for that Peter! Based on the information I'm trying to decide on my best upgrade path. I have Amplitube 4 MAX and the only extras I don't have are the Satriani, Dimebag and Brian May packs. I was going to get Amplitube 5 ($149.99) but it is probably worth it to get the extra 3 artists packs for the extra $150. I calculated that I'm missing 15 stomps, 7 amps, 8 cabs, 8 rack FX and 7 mics. Basically works out to $3.33 for each piece. One hardware pedal costs more than that!! Thanks again for all the hard work behind the scenes and hearing your customers concerns!
jason.martin.nl

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:25 pm

jason.martin.nl wrote:Thanks for that Peter! Based on the information I'm trying to decide on my best upgrade path. I have Amplitube 4 MAX and the only extras I don't have are the Satriani, Dimebag and Brian May packs. I was going to get Amplitube 5 ($149.99) but it is probably worth it to get the extra 3 artists packs for the extra $150. I calculated that I'm missing 15 stomps, 7 amps, 8 cabs, 8 rack FX and 7 mics. Basically works out to $3.33 for each piece. One hardware pedal costs more than that!! Thanks again for all the hard work behind the scenes and hearing your customers concerns!

You're welcome, glad to help.

Of course, value can be expressed mathematically as you and I both have done but it is also something to consider subjectively. I see the value you post per gear model, which is good. I'd also add that if you were to purchase just the collections you do not currently have + AmpliTube 5 (to get the new gear too) those would be:

AmpliTube Joe Satriani $99.99
AmpliTube Brian May $99.99
Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection $99.99

Total for just the collections: $299.97

AmpliTube 5 is 149.99 crossgrade intro pricing so that would be $449.96 total so far.

Going to the AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade/Crossgrade would basically be 2 cents more than buying the remaining collections in your case.

And you'd get all the new gear and great features which really are stellar, on top of that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Spemph » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 pm

Peter, thank you for being so patient with all of us.

I am still confused and could use some clarification.

I currently have AT4 MAX + every collection except Satch (which I will buy at some point... been waiting for a sale.) Do I need to purchase the 149 standard version or the 99 SE? What would be the difference in my case? Also, if I purchased MAX vs standard, the only thing I would gain is the Satch collection, right?

Also, is there a list of the new gear "129 brand new models"? I saw it suggested to review the comparison chart, but for that I'd need to cross-reference the gear names with everything in each collection I think?

Thanks!
Spemph

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Spemph wrote:Peter, thank you for being so patient with all of us.

I am still confused and could use some clarification.

I currently have AT4 MAX + every collection except Satch (which I will buy at some point... been waiting for a sale.) Do I need to purchase the 149 standard version or the 99 SE? What would be the difference in my case? Also, if I purchased MAX vs standard, the only thing I would gain is the Satch collection, right?

Also, is there a list of the new gear "129 brand new models"? I saw it suggested to review the comparison chart, but for that I'd need to cross-reference the gear names with everything in each collection I think?

Thanks!

You would want the AmpliTube 5 standard version to get the new features and the new AmpliTube 5 gear, and it will unlock and upgrade the gear you already have. You wouldn't need to upgrade to the 5 MAX version as that would be a bit pricey to get the Satch collection and the new gear, etc that you'd get with the standard 5 :)

The new models are the 100+ new cabinets (with the thousands of iRs and VIR™ tech), plus two new stomps, five new amps, a new cab, and two new room simulations. Those should be shown as new gear on the AmpliTube 5 web page under the "What's New" tab.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Spemph » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:18 am

Thanks for the prompt response!!

So, if I opted for the $99 SE version... the only thing I would miss is the new models to AT5 (5 new amps, etc)? And everything i currently own in AT4 max PLUS the additional collections would be upgraded?
Spemph

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:14 pm

The differences between AT5 SE and AT5 are described in the Comparison Chart and the PDF available halfway down this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5

And your AT4 MAX gear will be unlocked and upgraded in AT5 SE
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:43 pm

If this was posted I didn't see it.

If I purchase Amplitube 5 Max, do I get access to future gear that is not available now or will that be a separate purchase later?
jem7sk

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 pm

Spemph wrote:Thanks for the prompt response!!

So, if I opted for the $99 SE version... the only thing I would miss is the new models to AT5 (5 new amps, etc)? And everything i currently own in AT4 max PLUS the additional collections would be upgraded?

See DarkStar's post and link as it may not be clear that you don't get the collections released since AT4 MAX unless you upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:08 pm

jem7sk wrote:If this was posted I didn't see it.

If I purchase Amplitube 5 Max, do I get access to future gear that is not available now or will that be a separate purchase later?

MAX packages contain what is available when they are released. It is not a subscription nor a package that gets anything added on automatically/free afterward (nothing added in a similar to complete bundles from other audio plugin companies).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jem7sk » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jem7sk wrote:If this was posted I didn't see it.

MAX packages contain what is available when they are released. It is not a subscription nor a package that gets anything added on automatically/free afterward (nothing added in a similar to complete bundles from other audio plugin companies).

Thanks Pete! I have all the collections I want with Amplitube Max 4 so I won't be need to get the 5 Max version. The regular 5 version will work perfectly for me 8-)
jem7sk

Postby darkogav » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello, not sure if this has been answered. Any update on whether Z-TONE will also include Amplitube 5?
darkogav

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
darkogav wrote:Hello, can we confirm when will Z-TONE DI come with Amplitube 5?

There is no news of such a bundle but the suggestion has been relayed to the team.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jem7sk » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:15 pm

Can I install the free version and use my A4 Max gear inside A5? My A4 gear just won't be updated?
jem7sk

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:41 pm

jem7sk wrote:Can I install the free version and use my A4 Max gear inside A5? My A4 gear just won't be updated?

It will work but will be limited. The "Compare Versions" chart on the AmplITube 5 web page details the limitations. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermybear2002 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:59 pm

I thought I had this all figured out, then I started to see more conflicting or unclear information regarding the upgrade...so I am going to ask for some specific clarifications based on my personal account. Peter & Darkstar, this is not a reflection on either of you or your explanations of the upgrade; I think you have both done stellar jobs. It's in how IK ALWAYS does these upgrades that adds confusion...

I own AT4 Deluxe. I have purchased just about every addition to AT4 via the CS, with the exception of the 2 newest collections and a smattering of amp/stomp/cabs (maybe a dozen).

I purchase the AT5 SE upgrade based on what I had read previously in these posts, but now I am unsure if I am getting what I really need. I contacted Support to get my options on changing my order to AT5 and was told I have to cancel my AT5 SE first and then repurchase the AT5.

What is really confusing to me...is the chart(s) of available gear. These charts seem to be geared towards a NEW purchase of the software, not an upgrade. Based on the CHARTS, only a few of the gear models I own are updated; this seems to be in direct conflict with the other statement "Upgrades previously purchased gear".

I own almost everything you can get in AT4 and CS for AT4. I don't own the BM or SACH collections. I don't own a few amps/stomps. I do own all the mics and almost all the cabs.

I am not interested in the number of 'gear models' from one upgrade versus the others, as I own all this gear already except for what is mentioned above.

So, I am going to list some gear that I own, below, that is shown as NOT being included in the AT5 SE upgrade based on the charts. This is gear I am already using and have used in recordings that are not finalized:

Stomps:

10 Band EQ / Analogue Delay & Reverb / Nu-Tron III & Envelop Filters / '63 Fender Reverb

Amps:

VM3 / British Tube(s) / American Vintage(s) / Jazz Amp 120 / Modern Tube / Metal

Cabs:

2x12 Twin / 2x12 Open(s) / 4x12 Closed 25C, 75C & J120 / 1x12 Mark III & IV

Mics:

I own all mics but only the D57, C87 & C414 are shown as available.

Speakers:

British V1-V3 / California Red / American Bulldog

Rack:

Professional Wah (this is a MUST for me) / '63 Fender Reverb

I have listed SOME of the gear that is must have for me. I need to know which gear models are getting included in the upgrade and can be accessed under AT5 DIM & VIR or if ALL of my previously purchased gear models are upgraded and included in the AT5 release?

One last question...sorry...I own a bunch of plug-ins from the T-Racks collection (i.e. EQ 81, PA & PG; Saturation X, etc.). Can any of these be used in the AT5 platform? or only in a DAW or T-Racks platform?

I need this rather quickly as Support is waiting on me to cancel and repurchase, if necessary.
hermybear2002

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling