Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby darkogav » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
darkogav wrote:Thanks Peter. So just to confirm, if we own AT 4.x and have collections, we just need to purchase AT 5.x and we will get the new VIR and whatever new cabs in those collections have been upgraded.

If we just upgrade to AT 5.x SE, what do we miss out on?

Yes you can upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and use what you have. With AmpliTube 5 SE you'd miss out on some of the gear. You can find "gear included" links under each version on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube5/

Thanks. So I am a little confused between the versions.

If I only get AT 5.x SE in *will* get the new versions of below and whatever associated cabinets are upgraded.

American Lead MKIII
American Tube Clean
American Tube Clean 2

But I will still only have AT 4.x versions of the below which will *not* include the VIR versions?
American Clean MKIII
American Tube Vintage

Is that correct?
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:17 pm

darkogav wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
darkogav wrote:Thanks Peter. So just to confirm, if we own AT 4.x and have collections, we just need to purchase AT 5.x and we will get the new VIR and whatever new cabs in those collections have been upgraded.

If we just upgrade to AT 5.x SE, what do we miss out on?

Yes you can upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and use what you have. With AmpliTube 5 SE you'd miss out on some of the gear. You can find "gear included" links under each version on this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube5/

Thanks. So I am a little confused between the versions.

If I only get AT 5.x SE in *will* get the new versions of below and whatever associated cabinets are upgraded.

American Lead MKIII
American Tube Clean
American Tube Clean 2

But I will still only have AT 4.x versions of the below which will *not* include the VIR versions?
American Clean MKIII
American Tube Vintage

Is that correct?

That is not correct. With AmpliTube 5 SE or AmpliTube 5, your current gear will take advantage of the new features too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Hey, So I own Amplitube 4 Max (don't have Dimbag Darrell, Joe Satriani or Brian May). Could I just get the free version of Amplitube 5 CS and restore my purchases and have all I had previously but with the new GUI and sonic updates?

I also have T-Racks Max, Mixbox and Sample Tank 4 MAX. Do I have to pay to get these Mixbox style effects as well even though I already own them?
jason.martin.nl

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
FrThib wrote:So, someone as me who own At4 max and a lot of collections need to buy what?
Just use the AT5 free and restore their gear? What will I be missing from the new AT5 if I do that?

See above. Thanks. You'd want AmpliTube 5 SE at least, though, for all the new features.

Doesn't AT5 CS also have the new features? As indicated on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-cs#whatsnew, including the T-Racks-derived FX and the re-captured cabinets.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:16 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
FrThib wrote:So, someone as me who own At4 max and a lot of collections need to buy what?
Just use the AT5 free and restore their gear? What will I be missing from the new AT5 if I do that?

See above. Thanks. You'd want AmpliTube 5 SE at least, though, for all the new features.

Doesn't AT5 CS also have the new features? As indicated on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-cs#whatsnew, including the T-Racks-derived FX and the re-captured cabinets.

AmpliTube CS is a free edition, no it will not have everything from AmpliTube 5 SE.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FrThib » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:29 pm

What will happen if you restore your already owned gear from AT4 in at5 CS, the free one? Will your owned gear be available with the at5 engine? all the purchased cabs / mics / fx?

thanks
FrThib

Postby greg.montano » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi quick question.

I have AT 4 with everything that can purchased aside from Satriani.

I see that that AT 5 has more gear than SE, but is that gear all new to AT5 or includes gear in AT4? If I upgrade to AT5 SE, will I miss any new gear?

Thanks,

Greg
greg.montano

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:16 pm

greg.montano wrote:Hi quick question.

I see that that AT 5 has more gear than SE, but is that gear all new to AT5 or includes gear in AT4? If I upgrade to AT5 SE, will I miss any new gear?

Thanks,

Greg

It includes gear from AT4. The completely new gear is
129 brand new gear models, including 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, and 19 racks FX derived from T-RackS and redesigned specifically for AmpliTube 5, 2 new rooms and over 100 completely re-captured cabinets.

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=info#whatsnew

This page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max has links to PDFs of the gear in each edition and a comparison PDF
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby darkogav » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm

greg.montano wrote:Hi quick question.

Thanks,

Greg

This is what I also want to know. My understanding is your "old gear" will work *as is* -- it will just be in a different "shell". The new parts of AT 5.x are 2 new stompboxes, 5 new amps, 1 new cab and 2 new rooms. There is also bits of Mixbox/Tracks in the FX section.

I may be wrong .. but that's how I understand the specs.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm

The gear included with each version is listed at AmpliTube 5 as well as a comparison chart. The new gear is also listed on that page specifically.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tibenmik » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 pm

FrThib wrote:What will happen if you restore your already owned gear from AT4 in at5 CS, the free one? Will your owned gear be available with the at5 engine? all the purchased cabs / mics / fx?

This is an excellent question. Can you provide an answer Peter? Will all of our existing purchased microphones, amps, cabs and stomp/rack FX from AT4 "restore" and work inside the free AT5 CS without additional purchase?

Thank you and take care.
tibenmik

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 pm

tibenmik wrote:
FrThib wrote:What will happen if you restore your already owned gear from AT4 in at5 CS, the free one? Will your owned gear be available with the at5 engine? all the purchased cabs / mics / fx?

This is an excellent question. Can you provide an answer Peter? Will all of our existing purchased microphones, amps, cabs and stomp/rack FX from AT4 "restore" and work inside the free AT5 CS without additional purchase?

Thank you and take care.

Yes, your older gear will load, but we do suggest upgrading to take advantage of the new gear and features
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby adridev » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Hey Peter, I bought Amplitube MAX on September 29th (1 month ago). Are you saying me that I have to buy the version 5 exactly at the same price as any other person who has no previous version? Sry if I'm taking it wrong.

Cheers.
adridev

Postby vac713 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Peter, I don't envy you right about now.

I asked early this morning if I own all the collections already, whether I needed to upgrade to AT 5 to retain those collections

disturbing how some on here immediately replied that I'd have to repurchase everything without any knowledge of the terms (not fair to IK or anyone that took that as factual and did repurchase everything before hearing from IKMM).

That's why, on the same thread, I said, "I'd like to hear from someone at IKMM". So thank you for clarifying that for me (and others)

As I had hoped, and expected from such a fine company, as IKMM, I need only upgrade to AT 5

Now that that's cleared up (LOL) I preordered and consider this a steal at that price

As Peter said: THIS HAS TO STOP! Everyone, stop speculating and give Peter and co. an opportunity to respond before you publicly post something that can result in false negative press
about IK or cost one of us (your peers) to spend more than we have to
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:27 pm

adridev wrote:Hey Peter, I bought Amplitube MAX on September 29th (1 month ago). Are you saying me that I have to buy the version 5 exactly at the same price as any other person who has no previous version? Sry if I'm taking it wrong.

Cheers.

That's not what I nor our published information is saying. Apologies if it isn't clear for you but as always I'm happy to help. I have posted about this previously as indicated by vac713 above, but hopefully this too will help:

Your gear from AmpliTube 4 MAX will run in AmpliTube 5. You do not need to "re-buy" any of that gear that you have. To get the features and new gear in AmpliTube 5, you would need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5. Not AmpliTube 5 MAX.

If you don't have the seven collections that are not in Amplitube 4 MAX (as they were released afterward) you can get them for a steal with the full AmpliTube 5 MAX upgrade. If you are missing those, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, Amplitube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, Amplitube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and Amplitube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in Amplitube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in Amplitube 5 (also amazing).

However, AmpliTube 5 MAX is not required for you, as what you have now will run in AmpliTube 5 which also has a low introductory upgrade price plus you'll have all of the great new features like the new VIR™ technology (143,000 impulse responses!) that just leaves me speechless, the redone legacy gear, new mixer, IR loader, and other great features plus the 129 new gear models.

Even the $/€149.99 AmpliTube 5 comes out to $/€1.16/new gear model or $0.001 (yes one tenth of a cent)/impulse response, and generally huge new features well worth the upgrade too. All while running your existing gear in the new amazing engine and taking advantage of all these features especially the incredible VIR™ based cabinet technology.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling