Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 pm

rburkow wrote:I purchased AmpliTube 4 this month; I understand that AmpliTube 5 is a free upgrade to anyone who purchased AmpliTube 4 on, or after, October 15, 2020. How do I get my free upgrade?

The upgrade is to AT5 SE, not AT5:
In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.

I would think that AT5 SE would be listed in your User Area /My Products section shortly after it is released.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:29 pm

nikolay.i wrote:I bought today Amplitube 4 MAX as part of the Total Studio 2 MAX bundle. Am I eligible for the Amplitube 5 SE free upgrade or not?

I cannot remember whether purchasing AT4 as part of a bundle such as Total Studio 2 Max would qualify you for the upgrade. Somehow I doubt it, as:
(a) currently TS2MAX is €139.99 excl. VAT (is that 75% off?),
(b) strictly it is not a purchase of AmpliTube itself.

But, I could be wrong; for a definitive answer, please contact Sales Support.

-------
Ah, I found this earlier in this thread:
Peter_IK wrote:
Spemph wrote:My apologies if this already been answered. I skimmed the previous 130 posts, but it didn't jump out at me.

If someone purchased AT Max 4 AFTER Oct 15, they would be entitled to a free upgrade to AT5 MAX? Is this correct?

What if someone purchased Total Studio 2 MAX after Oct 15... which contains AT 4 max... Would they be entitled to a free upgrade to AT 5 Max?

Thanks!

No and no. It is [an upgrade to] AmpliTube 5 SE and only for those who purchase AmpliTube 4 or get it bundled with IK hardware per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5

I added the text in red for clarification
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:51 pm

rburkow wrote:I purchased AmpliTube 4 this month; I understand that AmpliTube 5 is a free upgrade to anyone who purchased AmpliTube 4 on, or after, October 15, 2020. How do I get my free upgrade?

hi, where did you see that?
darkogav

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:05 pm

That upgrade offer is to AT5 SE, not AT5.

Follow the link from Peter, in my post, 2 posts up. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby nikolay.i » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:41 pm

DarkStar wrote:I cannot remember whether purchasing AT4 as part of a bundle such as Total Studio 2 Max would qualify you for the upgrade. Somehow I doubt it, as:
(a) currently TS2MAX is €139.99 excl. VAT (is that 75% off?),
(b) strictly it is not a purchase of AmpliTube itself.

But, I could be wrong; for a definitive answer, please contact Sales Support.

I paid as much as it costs at the moment with my real money or you mean I've got TS2 MAX for free?

When I bought TS2MAX it stated that it includes Amplitube 4 MAX, so maybe this is another case of wrong/misleading information.

How do I contact the Sales Support?

DarkStar wrote:-------
Ah, I found this earlier in this thread:
Peter_IK wrote:
Spemph wrote:My apologies if this already been answered. I skimmed the previous 130 posts, but it didn't jump out at me.

If someone purchased AT Max 4 AFTER Oct 15, they would be entitled to a free upgrade to AT5 MAX? Is this correct?

What if someone purchased Total Studio 2 MAX after Oct 15... which contains AT 4 max... Would they be entitled to a free upgrade to AT 5 Max?

Thanks!

No and no. It is [an upgrade to] AmpliTube 5 SE and only for those who purchase AmpliTube 4 or get it bundled with IK hardware per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5

I added the text in red for clarification

Thanks for the clarification (the red text). This was the post before my post and I read it before asking. The question by "Spemph" was whether AT MAX 4 as part of TS2MAX qualifies for upgrade to AT 5 MAX. The answer "no" applies to the upgrade to AT 5 MAX, so I am asking a different question - is AT 4 MAX as part of TS2 MAX eligible for free ugprade to AT5 SE. I hope Peter_IK could shed some light here.
nikolay.i

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:02 pm

DarkStar wrote:That upgrade offer is to AT5 SE, not AT5.

Follow the link from Peter, in my post, 2 posts up. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

I think if the advertisement for the hardware product clearly states in includes Amplitube 4 , this it should automatically include Amplitube 5 as that is the version of the software that replaces Amplitube 4 as of Q4 2020. It makes no sense to bundle legacy products that you stop selling.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:12 pm

darkogav wrote:

I think if the advertisement for the hardware product clearly states in includes Amplitube 4 , this it should automatically include Amplitube 5 as that is the version of the software that replaces Amplitube 4 as of Q4 2020. It makes no sense to bundle legacy products that you stop selling.

AmpliTube 4 is still available. If you purchase hardware that includes AmpliTube 4 after the date stated in the AmpliTube 5 news, you will get AmplITube 5 SE upon release.

To answer the other question above, the free AmplITube 5 SE is for purchase of AmpliTube 4 or bundled with hardware, which does not include Total Studio 2 MAX.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nikolay.i » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:To answer the other question above, the free AmplITube 5 SE is for purchase of AmpliTube 4 or bundled with hardware, which does not include Total Studio 2 MAX.

This is really frustrating as there is no such information on the Amplitube 5 page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5. It says:

In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.

There is no mention that buying Amplitube 4 as part of a bundle does not qualify. Reading this obviously misleading information I bought Amplitube 4 MAX as part of a software bundle and if Peter_IK is correct I am not going to receive the upgrade to Amplitube 5 SE.
nikolay.i

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
darkogav wrote:

AmpliTube 4 is still available. If you purchase hardware that includes AmpliTube 4 after the date stated in the AmpliTube 5 news, you will get AmplITube 5 SE upon release.

To answer the other question above, the free AmplITube 5 SE is for purchase of AmpliTube 4 or bundled with hardware, which does not include Total Studio 2 MAX.

I think if the product lists the full version of Amplitube software in the product description , then the company should be including the most current version that is being sold. Otherwise they should state, you get the old legacy full version and the lite version of the new version.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 pm

It says
AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4

It says nothing about in any software bundle, it specifies hardware bundle.

I can state for a fact/officially that Total Studio 2 MAX does not qualify for the free AmpliTube 5 upgrade. During the time frame to qualify for the AmpliTube 5 SE for free, Total Studio 2 MAX has been on deep promotion for an extremely low price. An upgrade to the AmpliTube 5 version of your choice at the upgrade/crossgrade pricing is provided at a reasonable cost.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:26 pm

darkogav wrote:I think if the advertisement for the hardware product clearly states in includes Amplitube 4 , this it should automatically include Amplitube 5 as that is the version of the software that replaces Amplitube 4 as of Q4 2020. It makes no sense to bundle legacy products that you stop selling.

I think if the product lists the full version of Amplitube software in the product description , then the company should be including the most current version that is being sold. Otherwise they should state, you get the old legacy full version and the lite version of the new version.

Our products list which specific version of AmpliTube is included. And those who qualify get the AmpliTube 5 SE version for free upon release.

AmpliTube 5 has not been released. We would not include unreleased software with hardware, that would not make sense. And Total Studio 2 includes the products that were available when it was released, and are clearly listed as well.

Your concerns have all been noted.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nikolay.i » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It says
AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4

It says nothing about in any software bundle, it specifies hardware bundle.

I can state for a fact/officially that Total Studio 2 MAX does not qualify for the free AmpliTube 5 upgrade. During the time frame to qualify for the AmpliTube 5 SE for free, Total Studio 2 MAX has been on deep promotion for an extremely low price. An upgrade to the AmpliTube 5 version of your choice at the upgrade/crossgrade pricing is provided at a reasonable cost.

There is no single mention of limitations on how Amplitube 4 was bought. When I buy a bundle, do I buy the products included or not? The bundle page clearly states that AmpliTube 4 MAX is included in my purchase.

[mod redacted: Review the rules before posting again]

By not providing the information that Amplitube 4 bought as part of a bundle does not qualify for upgrade you are misleading your customers (us).

The same applies to the Total Studio 2 MAX bundle - if when we buy the bundle we do not buy the products included this is also a misleading information as the page for TS2 MAX states that Amplitube 4 MAX is included.

We would have the same story with the Amplitube Joe Satriani which would not work with the latest technology unless we additionally buy AT 5 SE or higher unless you specify this explicitly on the page of Amplitube Joe Satriani. Of course this is not an issue at the moment as AT 5 is not released yet so the info on the page is still correct as it applies to AT 4.

IK Multimedia has all the rights to decide what the pricing of their products is, but it should also be fair with us and provide all details about the pricing (upgrades, eligibility etc.) in the official materials in order to not mislead us.

All this makes me feel bad about my decision to give more money to IK Multimedia even though the software and hardware I bought so far is good.
nikolay.i

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:00 pm

There is no omission. It states if you purchased AmpliTube 4 or get it with hardware. Plain and simple. Stated succinctly and factually.

This thread has run its course. The proper information has been stated (or pointed out how it is clearly stated on our web site) and you are trying to argue every which way around it but unfortunately the policy is clear. There is no "omission" or anything going on.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Total Studio 2 MAX clearly states this is included. Nothing about future versions, it is just like other complete audio software bundles - you receive what is available at the time of release. This is listed on the IK web site's Total Studio 2 MAX page:

AmpliTube 4 MAX, Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, Fulltone Collection

Again, the free AmpliTube 5 SE information on the AmpliTube 5 news states only purchases of AmplITube 4 or if included with hardware.

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling