Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby mingury » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:38 am

Peter_IK wrote:
pjcass1981 wrote:I was a little harsh before in my criticism of having to pay more on top of whatever I’ve already invested in Amplitube 4, but after some clarification from Peter, it’s much clearer now that at the introductory/pre-sale price this is a huge amount of bang for the buck.
One thing we should keep in mind as well is that Amplitube 5 is basically EVERYTHING that is users of 4 have been asking for over the last few years and MORE!
I’m in IK! Excellent work handling the confusion around here Peter. You are a patient and kind man.

Understood! Behind the scenes I'm also working with some colleagues to clarify some more information and add some where necessary, etc. It has been a wild first day and the one thing I keep saying is "there is massive interest in AmpliTube 5 and we are learning from it!".

I want to make sure it is more clear that AmpliTube 5 is a lot of what people wanted and hopefully some surprises (143,000 IRs was one surprise to me as well as the unpronounceable number of combinations of gear you can achieve but I'll post that number in the future) and that will happen. I've been using AmpliTube for years, and way before I've been with IK - and I've been here 11 years. So I, too, am well-invested in the AmpliTube line including emotionally invested so it will all be good. Come day of release I think there's going to be even more "wow factor".

A lot of the things the team has been doing to make this happen are pretty amazing. I can't wait for the release! But yes, I know there has already been some "journey" trekked even in the first day of the announcement/pre-order so we've got a little bit of road ahead of us.

OH before I forget, check out the audio demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=audio if you all haven't. You can hear that we're definitely making something special.

And do watch the "robot" video. It's just too cool.

https://youtu.be/-vac5fHcaY4

Ok.. so I have checked the comparison PDF for the different versions.

I have Amplitube 4 Max, and am only interested in the new cabinet but I see that the regular Amplitube 5 only has 27 cabs which is severely chopped down from 101 cabs (Amplitube 5 Max). So what you are saying that getting a regular Amplitube 5 will unlock everything we need (or want) is not quite correct. Is this right?

I am still not 100% convinced the regular Amplitube 5 is the way to go and am quite unhappy with the fact that I will need to purchase Amplitube 5 MAX which is more or less buying the same thing all over again.
mingury

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 am

You still get the VIR™ technology for every included cabinet and all of your existing gear runs in AmpliTube 5 SE. You just get less gear. That should be clear from the listing on the AmpliTube 5 page, the Gear Included links there, and the comparison chart.

If you want all the cabinets and new gear, yes you have to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX for only $/€299.99 which is a tremendous value. Need less gear? Get AmpliTube 5. Just need the features? Get SE.

But again. Any cabs you have in your current product will open in AmpliTube 5 and will take advantage of the new technology.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mingury » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:55 am

Ok.. thanks Peter.. do you have a rough pricing structure for purchasing an individual cab? Or will this be presented in the CS once released.
mingury

Postby rugrande » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:13 am

I still don't get it, maybe because English is not my language. I have Amplitube 4 MAX plus a few extra collections and I'm only interested on the new VIR cabs.

If I buy AT5 SE will I get the 13 cabs included in SE with VIR technology and the rest will remain the same cabs on AT4, with the old technology, or will I get the VIR technology for ALL of the cabs that I already have?

What about AT5 CS? If I get the CS version will I receive the 6 cabs included in CS versión with VIR technology and the rest of my cabs will remain the same AT4 cabs, with the old technology, or will I get the VIR technology on ALL the cabs that I already have, using the option "restore my gear"?
rugrande

Postby acousticglue » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:24 am

I have almost everything in 4 but bought the $99 update. That should do the trick.
acousticglue

Postby zenaxe » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:26 am

I wish there was a 'Just the new stuff' version of 5 for us AT4MAX old timers. I have virtually all of the custom shop stuff except the Brian May and Satriani packs. Literally everything else (Mesa, Orange, Slash, Fender 1&2, etc). I'm interested in the new amps and cabs, primarily.
zenaxe

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:59 am

mingury wrote:I am still not 100% convinced the regular Amplitube 5 is the way to go and am quite unhappy with the fact that I will need to purchase Amplitube 5 MAX which is more or less buying the same thing all over again.

That's the business. NI did the same with GR6. A lot of people bought in pre-order and when it was released everybody realised that it was 90% from 5 version, so, nothing really new. It's like the old with a new clothes.

Never pre-order something BEFORE listen the sound. Never buy anything BEFORE test it. A lot of users want a refund or are unhappy with GR6 becasue they realised that they have paid for a product that they have already owned. In addition, GR6 has no support to MIDI Controller and has no Live Performance anymore... so, they have paid for the same product and got the things worse.

But, with AT5 is a little different, we'll have a custom IR loader, a resizeable GUI and the VIR. I think it worth the upgrade. I confess that AT5 custom IR loader worth the upgrade, it'll be by far the best and more efficient guitar suite, far better than Guitar Rig 6 that even after 10 years don't have at least a decent guitar IR loader, which we'll have in AT5.

But the price... this is not a fair price for those users who bought AT4 MAX, for example. I used to think that only Native Instruments had been taking bad decisions, regarding price policy, but I was wrong, definitely. In fact, it's the same AT4 but with this new VIR technology.

But the price, it's definitely a worst decision they've made. Just my opinion, though.
ikalamazoo

Postby vac713 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Peter, perhaps I'm stating the obvious here but, having reviewed the website and some press releases, it's not plainly clear that any previously purchased packs: Satriani, Brian May..... would work in AT5 without having to go the MAX route.There is a little one line explanation somewhere in there that isn't terribly clear. I SUGGEST someone put on the website that says, "Any gear previously purchased on the AT 4 platform will work in AT 5" In BIG BOLD letters. Right there in the features section of AT5.

I'm sure that would alleviate at least some of your pain. Not all because in spike of how many times you spell it out on this thread and others, some are not getting it. No disrespect for my peers who's first language is not english

I repeat to all my peers

If you already have all the gear available, this is a steal at $149
If you have AT 4 Max without the 7 packs released since AT 4 Max (at $99 each individually) $399 is a steal
In fact, if you have 3 out of the seven packs released since AT 4, you get the additional 4 (at $99 each) plus AT 4 essentially for free
If you don't have an AXE IO or solo, this deal it way to amazing to pass up since no other existing interface even compares

Stop the contempt prior to investigation
vac713

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm

vac713 wrote:Peter, perhaps I'm stating the obvious here but, having reviewed the website and some press releases, it's not plainly clear that any previously purchased packs: Satriani, Brian May..... would work in AT5 without having to go the MAX route.There is a little one line explanation somewhere in there that isn't terribly clear. I SUGGEST someone put on the website that says, "Any gear previously purchased on the AT 4 platform will work in AT 5" In BIG BOLD letters. Right there in the features section of AT5.

I'm sure that would alleviate at least some of your pain. Not all because in spike of how many times you spell it out on this thread and others, some are not getting it. No disrespect for my peers who's first language is not english

I repeat to all my peers

If you already have all the gear available, this is a steal at $149
If you have AT 4 Max without the 7 packs released since AT 4 Max (at $99 each individually) $399 is a steal
In fact, if you have 3 out of the seven packs released since AT 4, you get the additional 4 (at $99 each) plus AT 4 essentially for free
If you don't have an AXE IO or solo, this deal it way to amazing to pass up since no other existing interface even compares

Stop the contempt prior to investigation

About the price, I do agree! If you own AT4 MAX you can't use it in AT5 CS (Free) because the new features like VIR and custom IR loader are available only from AT5 Basic and higher versions. And the things can get worse because if you think about, two months ago IK was offering AT4 MAX and all guys from company knew about AT5, sure they knew. So, they could offer a better price for these users, a fair price. They did that proposerfully, this is a bad decision, just my opinion. So, put a PROMO for AT4 and two months after bring AT5 with a bunch of features and "seduce" the users to pay more $149 for a basic version just to use ALL GEAR THEY ALREADY OWN in AT4 MAX...

According a moderator called garfy: "AT5 is the full/standard version. AT5CS is the free custom shop version. AT5CS will not have the new features such as VIR etc or any of the new gear."

So, you can't use you AT4 MAX gear in AT5 CS free, you'll have to pay additional $149, at least.
ikalamazoo

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

ikalamazoo wrote:According a moderator called garfy: "AT5 is the full/standard version. AT5CS is the free custom shop version. AT5CS will not have the new features such as VIR etc or any of the new gear."

So, you can't use you AT4 MAX gear in AT5 CS free, you'll have to pay additional $149, at least.

Ikalamazoo, please stop misquoting. I have not said that you can't use AT4MAX gear in AT5CS. I said that AT5CS does not have the new features or the new gear that you get in AT5.

If you need to quote other people's words, please use the forum Quote function.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

garfy wrote:
ikalamazoo wrote:According a moderator called garfy: "AT5 is the full/standard version. AT5CS is the free custom shop version. AT5CS will not have the new features such as VIR etc or any of the new gear."

Ikalamazoo, please stop misquoting. I have not said that you can't use AT4MAX gear in AT5CS. I said that AT5CS does not have the new features or the new gear that you get in AT5.

Sorry, understood. I'm learning. My fault.
ikalamazoo

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 pm

garfy wrote:

So, we can use AT4MAX gear in AT5CS but without the VIR and custom IR loader and other features, right?

Then, there's no need to buy if you are an user that just want to get the new GUI and the new version, unless you want VIR and all new features. You can use your AT4MAX gear with the new interface in AT5CS at least.

Please, am I right or do I understand wrong again?

Thank you.
ikalamazoo

Postby tommartini604 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
adridev wrote:ok, thank you.

Resume I paid for Amplitube MAX 30 days ago and if I want the new Amplitube MAX I have to pay again without any discount over the regular price. Yes I can get the basic Version for 150€ to be able of run the gear I already had. So I would lack the seven newest collections for more money than people buying MAX today by first time. COOL

Don't worry, if you feel the deal isn't working out for you please know that I'm looking into it because I might see where things don't add up and where they can hopefully add up in your favor based on your situation. I do need some other eyes on this (not just because mine are old, but hey). Stay tuned, if I don't reach out to you via PM within the rest of the week please PM me with a little "kick". Thank you.

First, THANK YOU PETER FROM IK!!!!! WE appreciate you!!!! **This is awesome news! I'm all for paying to upgrade my stuff but it just seemed that $300 to upgrade software I just paid $300 for a month ago is not too fair. I would have just waited had I known it was coming and got the entire Max package for the same price but had more stuff. Looking forward to whatever IK Multimedia decides to do. You all know that you are all gonna go get it anyway but hey every little bit helps!
tommartini604

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Purchased Amplitube 4 Max on 15th September. Gutted at the October 15th or after deadline. If I add to my last discounted purchase the cost of an upgrade to SE I'll be spending more than just buying discounted max 5 version from the start.
Last edited by Xoutremer on Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xoutremer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:15 pm

zenaxe wrote:I wish there was a 'Just the new stuff' version of 5 for us AT4MAX old timers. I have virtually all of the custom shop stuff except the Brian May and Satriani packs. Literally everything else (Mesa, Orange, Slash, Fender 1&2, etc). I'm interested in the new amps and cabs, primarily.

There is. If you have AmpliTube 4 MAX and don't have the seven subsequent collections, you'd want AmpliTube 5 MAX. If you have most of them you can get AmpliTube 5 SE for the full features and all you already have will run perfectly in it taking advantage of the new features.

If you want the new gear you can review the "gear included" links under each version of AmpliTube 5 on the web page or the comparison chart just below that and weigh your options there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling