Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 upgrade pricing?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:30 pm

vac713 wrote:Peter, I don't envy you right about now.

I asked early this morning if I own all the collections already, whether I needed to upgrade to AT 5 to retain those collections

disturbing how some on here immediately replied that I'd have to repurchase everything without any knowledge of the terms (not fair to IK or anyone that took that as factual and did repurchase everything before hearing from IKMM).

That's why, on the same thread, I said, "I'd like to hear from someone at IKMM". So thank you for clarifying that for me (and others)

As I had hoped, and expected from such a fine company, as IKMM, I need only upgrade to AT 5

Now that that's cleared up (LOL) I preordered and consider this a steal at that price

As Peter said: THIS HAS TO STOP! Everyone, stop speculating and give Peter and co. an opportunity to respond before you publicly post something that can result in false negative press
about IK or cost one of us (your peers) to spend more than we have to

Thank you for this. I wanted to do that (meaning to thank you), of course, but really I want to also say that if anybody is not clear and somehow ends up making the wrong purchase let me and/or the support team aware and we'll take a look and help you. We do not want people buying something more than they should, nor do we want that or anything else to make something joyous (that first time you let a note or chord ring out with AmpliTube 5) negative in any way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby adridev » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
adridev wrote:Hey Peter, I bought Amplitube MAX on September 29th (1 month ago). Are you saying me that I have to buy the version 5 exactly at the same price as any other person who has no previous version? Sry if I'm taking it wrong.

Cheers.

That's not what I nor our published information is saying. Apologies if it isn't clear for you but as always I'm happy to help. I have posted about this previously as indicated by vac713 above, but hopefully this too will help:

Your gear from AmpliTube 4 MAX will run in AmpliTube 5. You do not need to "re-buy" any of that gear that you have. To get the features and new gear in AmpliTube 5, you would need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5. Not AmpliTube 5 MAX.

If you don't have the seven collections that are not in Amplitube 4 MAX (as they were released afterward) you can get them for a steal with the full AmpliTube 5 MAX upgrade. If you are missing those, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, Amplitube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, Amplitube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and Amplitube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in Amplitube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in Amplitube 5 (also amazing).

However, AmpliTube 5 MAX is not required for you, as what you have now will run in AmpliTube 5 which also has a low introductory upgrade price plus you'll have all of the great new features like the new VIR™ technology (143,000 impulse responses!) that just leaves me speechless, the redone legacy gear, new mixer, IR loader, and other great features plus the 129 new gear models.

Even the $/€149.99 AmpliTube 5 comes out to $/€1.16/new gear model or $0.001 (yes one tenth of a cent)/impulse response, and generally huge new features well worth the upgrade too. All while running your existing gear in the new amazing engine and taking advantage of all these features especially the incredible VIR™ based cabinet technology.

ok, thank you.

Resume I paid for Amplitube MAX 30 days ago and if I want the new Amplitube MAX I have to pay again without any discount over the regular price. Yes I can get the basic Version for 150€ to be able of run the gear I already had. So I would lack the seven newest collections for more money than people buying MAX today by first time. COOL
adridev

Postby funinstars » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:59 pm

The free version is not something that you want. They all have these and they are basically demos.

You ‘need’ SE. But you probably want the regular $150 version as the price difference is not great at $50, otherwise you will end up at the Custom Shop spending $50+

Seems clear at this point. I can deal with $150.

If I’m missing something chime in.
funinstars

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 pm

Quick note, I don't want to have to clean this thread further. I am a moderator (admin, actually, but let's not split hairs). Please keep it civil. If anybody needs assistance, that's what me and the other admins and/or moderators will do to the best of their abilities. That said... I will post something actually useful now to hopefully start helping some more :D

This concludes the commercial break.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:11 pm

adridev wrote:ok, thank you.

Resume I paid for Amplitube MAX 30 days ago and if I want the new Amplitube MAX I have to pay again without any discount over the regular price. Yes I can get the basic Version for 150€ to be able of run the gear I already had. So I would lack the seven newest collections for more money than people buying MAX today by first time. COOL

Don't worry, if you feel the deal isn't working out for you please know that I'm looking into it because I might see where things don't add up and where they can hopefully add up in your favor based on your situation. I do need some other eyes on this (not just because mine are old, but hey). Stay tuned, if I don't reach out to you via PM within the rest of the week please PM me with a little "kick". Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby adridev » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Nice to hear that Peter.

Thank you so much and excuse if I didn't sound kind but English is not my main language, I tried to be civil all the time but understand the frustration at some point.

Cheers.
adridev

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 pm

adridev wrote:Nice to hear that Peter.

Thank you so much and excuse if I didn't sound kind but English is not my main language, I tried to be civil all the time but understand the frustration at some point.

Cheers.

I understand. Thank you for explaining, too. I will be sending a private message about your particular case shortly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pjcass1981 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 pm

I was a little harsh before in my criticism of having to pay more on top of whatever I’ve already invested in Amplitube 4, but after some clarification from Peter, it’s much clearer now that at the introductory/pre-sale price this is a huge amount of bang for the buck.
One thing we should keep in mind as well is that Amplitube 5 is basically EVERYTHING that is users of 4 have been asking for over the last few years and MORE!
I’m in IK! Excellent work handling the confusion around here Peter. You are a patient and kind man.
pjcass1981

Postby ikalamazoo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 pm

adridev wrote:
ok, thank you.

Looks like that all users who bought AT4 MAX can use everything in AT5 basic. So, basically, if you own AT4 MAX you only need the basic version of AT5, not the MAX, neither the SE.

But, I do agree, this is not a fair price for those users who bought AT4 MAX. I used to think that only Native Instruments had been taking bad decisions, regarding price policy, but I was wrong, definitely.

You know what, I confess that AT5 custom IR loader worth the upgrade, it'll be by far the best and more efficient guitar suite, far better than Guitar Rig 6 that even after 10 years don't have at least a decent guitar IR loader, which we'll have in AT5.

But the price, it's definitely a worst decision they've made. Just my opinion, though.
Last edited by ikalamazoo on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ikalamazoo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:45 pm

pjcass1981 wrote:I was a little harsh before in my criticism of having to pay more on top of whatever I’ve already invested in Amplitube 4, but after some clarification from Peter, it’s much clearer now that at the introductory/pre-sale price this is a huge amount of bang for the buck.
One thing we should keep in mind as well is that Amplitube 5 is basically EVERYTHING that is users of 4 have been asking for over the last few years and MORE!
I’m in IK! Excellent work handling the confusion around here Peter. You are a patient and kind man.

Understood! Behind the scenes I'm also working with some colleagues to clarify some more information and add some where necessary, etc. It has been a wild first day and the one thing I keep saying is "there is massive interest in AmpliTube 5 and we are learning from it!".

I want to make sure it is more clear that AmpliTube 5 is a lot of what people wanted and hopefully some surprises (143,000 IRs was one surprise to me as well as the unpronounceable number of combinations of gear you can achieve but I'll post that number in the future) and that will happen. I've been using AmpliTube for years, and way before I've been with IK - and I've been here 11 years. So I, too, am well-invested in the AmpliTube line including emotionally invested so it will all be good. Come day of release I think there's going to be even more "wow factor".

A lot of the things the team has been doing to make this happen are pretty amazing. I can't wait for the release! But yes, I know there has already been some "journey" trekked even in the first day of the announcement/pre-order so we've got a little bit of road ahead of us.

OH before I forget, check out the audio demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=audio if you all haven't. You can hear that we're definitely making something special.

And do watch the "robot" video. It's just too cool.

https://youtu.be/-vac5fHcaY4

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pjcass1981 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 pm

I hate to pester, but just for some clarification...

Am I right in assuming that the Fender 2 collection, Brian May Collection, and Satriani collection are for all intents and purposes "algorithmically" untouched? They already have the treatment that Amplitube 5 is applying to the legacy amps, correct?

I'd hate to have to tweak those models, since they are so perfect the way they are :)
pjcass1981

Postby greg.montano » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The gear included with each version is listed at AmpliTube 5 as well as a comparison chart. The new gear is also listed on that page specifically.

Thanks. I did see the chart. I just wasn’t clear on whether the items listed on that link were all new and what the difference on new gear between AT5 and AT5SE is.
greg.montano

Postby ikalamazoo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:14 pm

pjcass1981 wrote:I hate to pester, but just for some clarification...

Am I right in assuming that the Fender 2 collection, Brian May Collection, and Satriani collection are for all intents and purposes "algorithmically" untouched? They already have the treatment that Amplitube 5 is applying to the legacy amps, correct?

I'd hate to have to tweak those models, since they are so perfect the way they are :)

This is a good question.

1) They are untouchable. It means that the sound of AT4 is the same of AT5. Do not worth to upgrade since we would have the same sound. The same occurs with Guitar Rig, so, do not worth to upgrade from GR5 to GR6 because the GR6 has the same sounds of GR5.

2) They've made changes in the sound, so, worth to upgrade since the sound got better.

I think and I bet that the new IR technology turned everything in higher quality. It's the same sound, but even better. And with the possibility to load our custom IR it can gets even better.
ikalamazoo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 pm

pjcass1981 wrote:I hate to pester, but just for some clarification...

No those amps have not been changed. However, every cabinet has been improved via the VIR™ technology.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 pm

greg.montano wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The gear included with each version is listed at AmpliTube 5 as well as a comparison chart. The new gear is also listed on that page specifically.

Thanks. I did see the chart. I just wasn’t clear on whether the items listed on that link were all new and what the difference on new gear between AT5 and AT5SE is.

I replied to your question back on page 3. Here's a copy:

--------------
It includes gear from AT4. The completely new gear is
129 brand new gear models, including 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, and 19 racks FX derived from T-RackS and redesigned specifically for AmpliTube 5, 2 new rooms and over 100 completely re-captured cabinets.

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=info#whatsnew

This page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max has links to PDFs of the gear in each edition and a comparison PDF.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling