Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5

Postby vac713 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 am

Million dollar question

If I already own all the modules in AT, can I just purchase AT 5 and will those modules all work/appear in AT 5?
Or do I have to purchase AT 5 MAX to continue to have all all the modules?
vac713

Re: Amplitube 5

Postby kgmessier » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:38 am

I believe AT5 is considered an entirely new product, so you would need to purchase AT5 MAX if you want all modules. Given what you already own, you may be eligible for an upgrade discount.
kgmessier

Postby vac713 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:44 am

The thought of having to purchase something I already purchased won't sit well with me. Enough of a reason not to upgrade. Doesn't seem right
vac713

Postby vac713 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am

We’ll see if there is a discount. Anything about a release date for AT 5? Hope it’s not one of those pre sales where we have to wait 6 months
vac713

Postby bosone » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 pm

does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp (like guitar rig does since ages)?

or will i need AGAIN to load and tweak TWO separate amp settings for the L and R tracks of my metal rythm guitar?
bosone

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm

bosone wrote:does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp (like guitar rig does since ages)?

or will i need AGAIN to load and tweak TWO separate amp settings for the L and R tracks of my metal rythm guitar?

Technically using one input into one mono amp and then split to two outputs would be dual mono not stereo. To get true stereo you would need two separate inputs (like a guitar with a Piezo pickup and a humbucker) Two outputs from a guitar, into two separate amps (piezo into one and humbucker into the other), then each amp has it's own output (mono ) that would be true stereo.

You would actually assign each output from the cab into its own channel, say Channel 1 and Channel 2 or L / R of a mixer or DAW.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:31 pm

It is posted on the web site that your current gear will work in AmpliTube 5. You don't need to repurchase anything. I've seen this misinformation posted in other threads and frankly it needs to stop. We specify on the web site and I confirm here that AmplTube 5 will run your current gear with all the new features and gear that it comes with too.

If you already have AmpliTube 4 MAX and the new collections that came after, you'd want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm

From the other thread:

pjcass1981 wrote:Was just doing a thorough comparison of the different version. Without getting the new Max system, I will be missing out on so many of the new modules or whatever you want to call them. Shame. I'm pushing the price of one of the top tier floor modellers out there when I tally up the money I've put into software and hardware with IK.

Was really sold on this upgrade since I've put Amplitube 4 to such good use and enjoy it, but another 300$ on top of the money I've put into IK. This is why the world of software is a rabbit hole.

MAX is only necessary if you don't have the newer collections included which are not in AmpliTube 4 MAX. If you are missing those, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kgmessier » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It is posted on the web site that your current gear will work in AmpliTube 5. You don't need to repurchase anything. I've seen this misinformation posted in other threads and frankly it needs to stop. We specify on the web site and I confirm here that AmplTube 5 will run your current gear with all the new features and gear that it comes with too.

If you already have AmpliTube 4 MAX and the new collections that came after, you'd want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5.

This is great news. Thanks, Peter!
kgmessier

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:53 pm

kgmessier wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:It is posted on the web site that your current gear will work in AmpliTube 5. You don't need to repurchase anything. I've seen this misinformation posted in other threads and frankly it needs to stop. We specify on the web site and I confirm here that AmplTube 5 will run your current gear with all the new features and gear that it comes with too.

This is great news. Thanks, Peter!

Thanks! I might see if the "Gear Included" links can be added to the "Versions" page too, but honestly more people read the main AmpliTube 5 page so I hope they get to see those there first. I think that clears up a lot.

Or we just start the "Gear Included" with "Your current AmpliTube 4 gear and..." :lol:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bosone » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:48 pm

tommartini604 wrote:
bosone wrote:does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp (like guitar rig does since ages)?

Technically using one input into one mono amp and then split to two outputs would be dual mono not stereo. To get true stereo you would need two separate inputs (like a guitar with a Piezo pickup and a humbucker) Two outputs from a guitar, into two separate amps (piezo into one and humbucker into the other), then each amp has it's own output (mono ) that would be true stereo.

You would actually assign each output from the cab into its own channel, say Channel 1 and Channel 2 or L / R of a mixer or DAW.

yes, that's the basic, but you did not understood.

i have two identical rythm tracks: one on the left channel and one on the right channel.
right now, with amplitube 4 i have to load two separate amps and tweak SEPARATELY each of their settings, eventually with copy/paste.
this is NOT convenient to sculpt the sound of a stereo track.

what it is needed is a STEREO amp: you feed it with L and R signal and it processes them in STEREO.

it is exaclty what guitar rig is doing since its birth, but for some reason at IK multimedia they do not understand this need. maybe it's me and my willing to work in a smart way, i don't know.
bosone

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:20 pm

bosone wrote:i have two identical rythm tracks

Just to clarify though, you mean the same guitar part played/recorded twice rather than a single performance duplicated? So, the equivalent of a double tracking via the same amp/cab/signal chain etc.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby bosone » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:26 pm

garfy wrote:
bosone wrote:i have two identical rythm tracks

Just to clarify though, you mean the same guitar part played/recorded twice rather than a single performance duplicated? So, the equivalent of a double tracking via the same amp/cab/signal chain etc.

The same track performed twice!
bosone

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:28 am

Gotcha. It would be interesting to hear if there is a difference between a stereo amp'd double track compared to a more conventional dual mono set up.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tommartini604 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:29 pm

bosone wrote:
tommartini604 wrote:

yes, that's the basic, but you did not understood.

i have two identical rythm tracks: one on the left channel and one on the right channel.
right now, with amplitube 4 i have to load two separate amps and tweak SEPARATELY each of their settings, eventually with copy/paste.
this is NOT convenient to sculpt the sound of a stereo track.

what it is needed is a STEREO amp: you feed it with L and R signal and it processes them in STEREO.

it is exaclty what guitar rig is doing since its birth, but for some reason at IK multimedia they do not understand this need. maybe it's me and my willing to work in a smart way, i don't know.

There are choices/routings to achieve the same thing you are doing in Amplitube. Wouldn't then you would still have the same sound for both tracks or does a stereo amp in the other program have two completely different sets of settings? I double track all of my guitars and the best way to get a full sound is to play the parts twice then pan L and R with slightly different settings (guitars, amps, eq etc). The way you are doing it would then make you have to move one of the recorded tracks a little +3 or -3 to achieve a full stereo and maybe put delay on one side to compensate. It works but playing it twice either way is a better way to do it. The little difference in nuances give it a full spectrum. With a little EQ and shaping can produce a thick sound. But either way it still works your way I guess.
tommartini604

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling