upgrade from amplitube max 4 to max 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

upgrade from amplitube max 4 to max 5?

Postby bryanm » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:37 am

So I have AmpliTube 4 Max and I want to upgrade to five which upgrade do I choose? $100 upgrade $150 upgrade or the $300 upgrade? It’s a bit confusing because I already have all the modules I want I just want to see them upgraded to version 5. Will the cheapest one upgrade everything I have?
bryanm

Re: upgrade from amplitube max 4 to max 5?

Postby highlionstudio » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 am

Not a reply as such, just the same question. Are the prices representing a "buy from scratch" price, or is this an upgrade price for existing owners of AmpliTube 4 Max.
highlionstudio

Postby kgmessier » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:32 am

If I’m not mistaken, these are upgrade prices based on qualifying products you already own.

If you own a qualifying product (which includes AmpliTube 4 MAX), you’re eligible to purchase any of the AmpliTube 5 versions at a discount. If you want AmpliTube 5 MAX, it’s $299.99; the other versions won’t give you all the models and functions of MAX, but you still can purchase them at a discount.
kgmessier

Postby neil.cowley » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am

I've got Amplutube 4 Max with most of the extra Collections. 500 AUD (300 EUR) seems like a LOT of money just to get the new interface. I will be sitting this one out until they sort out a better deal on the Crossgrades (or spending more money with Positive Grid)
neil.cowley

Postby kgmessier » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am

neil.cowley wrote:I've got Amplutube 4 Max with most of the extra Collections. 500 AUD (300 EUR) seems like a LOT of money just to get the new interface. I will be sitting this one out until they sort out a better deal on the Crossgrades (or spending more money with Positive Grid)

I’m pretty sure Positive Grid did the same thing when they released their Bias 2 lineup.
kgmessier

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:35 pm

As stated on other threads (and noted on our web site - thanks to TriggerTheHorizon for pointing the latter out in other threads) your existing gear will work in AmpliTube 5.

So, if you have MAX and the collections that came after you do not have to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX, you would upgrade to AmpliTube 5.

And if that's not clear, I created a listing and did some math in another thread:

pjcass1981 wrote:Was just doing a thorough comparison of the different version. Without getting the new Max system, I will be missing out on so many of the new modules or whatever you want to call them. Shame. I'm pushing the price of one of the top tier floor modellers out there when I tally up the money I've put into software and hardware with IK.

Was really sold on this upgrade since I've put Amplitube 4 to such good use and enjoy it, but another 300$ on top of the money I've put into IK. This is why the world of software is a rabbit hole.

MAX is only necessary if you don't have the newer collections included which are not in AmpliTube 4 MAX. If you are missing those, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling