Amplitube 4 worth it?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 worth it?

Postby shaysnile65 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi, so the title is pretty self relevant. I wanted to know ow if it is a good start for a beginner to track a bit of guit and bass. Is there a better option out there ?
shaysnile65

Re: Amplitube 4 worth it?

Postby supanorton » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:29 pm

I think it’s great, and it keeps getting better. The newish British Collection, the Fender 2 collection, and the Orange Tiny Terror have been my go to amps lately. Mic placement, room, cab and speaker selection, stomps, racks, etc. I’m really enjoying it.
supanorton

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:23 am

Hi shaysnile65 and welcome to the forum.

I agree with supanorton, there are some pretty sweet amp/cab sims in AT4 along with all the tools to carve out your sound. The Fender 2 collection is a standout, as well as SVX collections for the bass players.

Have you tried the free AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop version? This will let you work with the interface and test out the included free gear in AT4. You can then have any of the pieces of gear available for a free trial so you can make up your own mind.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby lchalk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:40 am

Been playing for a long time and went virtual years a go. I started with amplitube 3 and since then I have upgraded to amplitube 4 and bought pretty much every other major virtual amp program there is....long story short, I use amplitube 4 99% of the time. Now for recording, I use reaper and a bunch of other plugins but for a virtual guitar/bass rig, amplitube is second to none. If you are a beginner amplitube is a great place to start.
lchalk

Postby jih64 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 am

If you can wait until after the 29th

Your question 'might' change to "Amplitube 5 worth it?"

Only time will tell.
jih64

Postby carlaz » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:58 pm

garfy wrote:Have you tried the free AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop version? This will let you work with the interface and test out the included free gear in AT4. You can then have any of the pieces of gear available for a free trial so you can make up your own mind.

I second garfy's suggestion. The free models that come with the "Custom Shop" are basically where I started, and then I slowly built up a collection of stuff that I particularly wanted (by purchasing either individual gear models or particular bundles/collections).

The fact that you can try stuff out for free for 72 hours is a hugely undervalued feature of the Custom Shop. Sometimes I don't get stuff I thought I might want, sometimes I end up getting stuff that I hadn't realized would work. But you really feel that you are getting a chance to see how things really work for you -- because you are. :D

Honestly, if you run a studio or record/mix lots of different guitarists from different genres (or you play in a crazily diverse assortment of genres), then, sure: getting the whole AmpliTube package at one may be what you want. But if you are just, like, "I want some tones, and I know what some of them need, but maybe I don't know about other things that might be useful", then grab the free Custom Shop install and play around. I mean, you can always then still decide to buy the whole AmpliTube package -- or just bits of it.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling